Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child

Discus and support Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just created a new Microsoft account and it is already in a family and as a child. I'm over 18 and my birth date in the account is correct. It says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Greta Gaas, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Greta Gaas
    Greta Gaas Guest

I just created a new Microsoft account and it is already in a family and as a child. I'm over 18 and my birth date in the account is correct. It says that only an "adult" account in the family can remove a "child" one. But since I'm the only member in the family AND a "child" account it's impossible. Please help

:)

Greta Gaas, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Greta, This is strange because for this to happen you would have to have a date of birth placed as if you were a minor, and in these cases unfortunately it is not possible to change.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

modificación de miembro de familia[modification of family member]

Hi Sole_Z,

Thanks for your post! To have an adult account treated like a child account, simply add the adult account to a Microsoft Family as a child. The Microsoft family will then treat said account as a child. For more information on adding members to families check
    out: Add members to your Microsoft Family.

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Cannot Parent Authorise Child's xbox Account Creation "too many repeated authentication attempts"

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Here's what I'll suggest;

Create the child's account Independently of yours first. Just go to Xbox.com and sign up the child's account.

Afterwards using your own account, go to account.microsoft.com/family and create a new family group. Invite the child account into that family group as a member.

Then you can control all the settings you need.

Hope this helps
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Questions Regarding Removing Child Account

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to the child account, its ok to use a 3rd party email. We just want to make sure the child account has their own credentials such as different email. If the child used the adult account for any gameplay, that will not be
    transferrable.

For more information on removing a family member, check out this article: Remove a family member from your family on Xbox One.

• When a child is removed from the family, they won’t be able to use the Xbox service until they have been added to another family. See
      Add a new member to your family on Xbox One.
    • Anyone under the age of 18 is still considered a child on the Microsoft Platform.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a preexisting Xbox Live account.

Hello Arieslover32,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning more about the family feature for your Microsoft account. You can have more than one child registered to your adult account's family. We have a support article
    that explains how to
    create a child account and add a family member to your adult account. The article describes how to complete this process on an Xbox One. You can also

add family members from the Microsoft account website from a different device like a computer or cell phone. We hope this information helps
    Arieslover32!
Thema:

1. Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child - Similar Threads - Completely microsoft account

2. Microsoft Complete in Australia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Complete in Australia: Is Microsoft Complete available for Xbox hardware (controllers etc.) in Australia? When I add a controller to my cart and go through the checkout process, there is no option to add Microsoft...
  3. Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?: Is microsoft complete avaliable for xbox or surface devices in India? 5523ba12-b08f-498d-9ea3-c79fc79f5159
  4. xbox and microsoft store are completely broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox and microsoft store are completely broken: minecraft launchert cannot commuincate with microsoft store and xbox launches and stays on the logo for 20s then closes 3b3b59f5-b3b5-4daa-a2d5-2888ba5f68cd
  5. refund approved but stated as "completed" microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but stated as "completed" microsoft: hello i've made refund on a wrong purchase but the refund is approved but stated as "completed" microsoft history , so i never got the money , is this a new glitsh on microsoft or what exactly ?...
  6. Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks?: Why is Microsoft/Xbox reducing monthly reward points for completing tasks? Why do they quietly drop the reward tasks without letting us know. It seems underhand? Thank you...
  7. Microsoft Roblox won't launch properly. And the tab is completely white after "Checking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox won't launch properly. And the tab is completely white after "Checking...: Hey everyone... I have a problem with Microsoft version Roblox for a month now. To be honest, it's frustrating. It started when I probably updated my Roblox or my laptop to newer version. After...
  8. Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated?: I bought an Xbox Series X bundle at the beginning of 2022, it contained a console and the Xbox Series X Carbon Black controller. At that same time I also bought the Microsoft Complete Warranty,...
  9. How do I just completely remove a Microsoft Account from my computers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I just completely remove a Microsoft Account from my computers?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place (and let me know the right place if there is one, please). I have two laptops. I keep getting told I'm having Microsoft Account problems and prompted to sign...
  10. I cant complete a repair order via my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant complete a repair order via my Microsoft account: I have a damaged Xbox elite v2 controller that is out of warranty, I tried to complete a repair order via my Microsoft account. the device is registered on my account so I just went through the...