Completely locked out of child's xbox account

Discus and support Completely locked out of child's xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A few months ago I created an account for my daughter so we could play together via PC and Xbox One. In the last couple weeks my xbox has started asked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Justice Brinston, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Completely locked out of child's xbox account

A few months ago I created an account for my daughter so we could play together via PC and Xbox One. In the last couple weeks my xbox has started asked her for her password whenever she tries to sign in. For the life of me i cannot remember what I set it too and I have tried multiple times with different passwords. I tried doing the online "automated" form but it always says I haven't given enough information. The account was MADE on an Xbox and has only ever been used for that. She doesn't use it for email, she doesn't subscribe to anything JUST XBOX. You would think when I enter my Xbox network ID into the form the automated system would realize it was the exact system that the account was created on and allow us to reset it. This is a huge inconvenience since she has her saves now locked to that and I am worried if we dedicate to much time to using a guest account it'll all be for nothing the next time we turn the system off. This also makes playing on different systems impossible as I use my account on PC and she cant use anything on the Xbox

:)

Justice Brinston, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Justice Brinston Win User

So despite the account being in my Microsoft family account there's no way to send a reset link to my personal account? I guess Microsoft would rather people just waste email addresses? I do like how seriously they take security but for that form to be the ONLY way to reset a password is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose ill make a new outlook account and a new Xbox account and cut my losses but I seriously think Microsoft needs to have more than one way to reset passwords, especially when the accounts are apart of a family group.

Anyways thanks for your reply but no, that form is useless at this point.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your account problem.

Just a heads up, we can only recover the account through that form if in any case we forget the password and do not have access to the security proofs being set up.

You may check this link as guide on how to recover the account using the form:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

I would suggest to keep trying until the system will be able to verify the account because if not, this would already lead to creating a new account.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

I definitely understand where you are coming from because I also lost an account before since I could not verify and recover it anymore. They are strict when it comes to security even though it's within family group. Sorry that this has happened.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

child locked out of account

Hi generalligud

Please try the solution below:

Unlock your Microsoft account or Outlook email
    Applies to: Microsoft account

• To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, Microsoft temporarily locks accounts when unusual activity is noticed. To unlock your account, sign in to your
      Microsoft account
      and follow the instructions to get a security code.
    • If you can't get a security code, or if your security code doesn't work, go to When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account and follow the
      instructions under I can't get a verification code.

Get more help with sign-in problems
  6. JJChaplain69 Win User

child locked out of account

my son locked out of xbox account. because entered password to many times. need to recover it
    Need to go on the website Microsoft account help n u will need to get ur links back if you never done this then you get a one time to get your links..
Thema:

1. Completely locked out of child's xbox account - Similar Threads - Completely locked child's

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  4. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  5. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  6. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  7. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  8. How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can you update a verification phone number if youre completely locked out of your account?: Microsoft locked my accpunt due to suspicious activity and when i put in my username and password (which are correct and active!) It only gives me the option to use an outdated phone number for an...
  9. Completely locked out of my account. Where do I go from here?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Completely locked out of my account. Where do I go from here?: Hello to anyone who has clicked on this! For nearly the past month, I have been locked out of my outlook/xbox/microsoft account. I used a vpn, which triggered microsoft to log me out on all...
  10. Why are the last three achivements for just cause 3 locked even though i have 100% completion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are the last three achivements for just cause 3 locked even though i have 100% completion: I have beaten the game and dlc 100%, got all the collectibles, weapons and vehicles yet the achivements. Caught 'Em All! Anything You Can Do... Unlocked and Fully Loaded Are all still at 0% and...