complete confusion with startup

Discus and support complete confusion with startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello all. everytime my xbox booted up, it would go to an error screen (specifically e208). so i reset console (keeping games and apps). now, when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Finlay Breese, Dec 15, 2022.

1. complete confusion with startup

hello all.

everytime my xbox booted up, it would go to an error screen (specifically e208). so i reset console (keeping games and apps). now, when i try to link the mobile app to the console (i had originally yet it wanted me to do it again) and enter the code, it says unable to connect to "XboxSetupxxxx" (xxxx= whatever combination it had given me). i cannot progress past this screen. i have deleted the app on my phone and restarted the console as well.

Please help!

(a bit more detail: it is an xbox one s, i have an external hardrive plugged into it, takes a very VERY long time to even get past the xbox green loading screen)

:)

Finlay Breese, Dec 15, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

That's great news then and you're welcome! :)
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Just to clarify, does it give you the option to skip that step as well?
  4. Finlay Breese Win User

Hello, I really appreciate the response! Fortunately, I managed to solve the problem as it was down to my own Wi-Fi servers needing some work. It’s all done now though and it’s up and running as usual!

Thanks once again for taking the time to reply!
  5. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Case review questionnaire

That's unfortunate. Completely agree that's a very confusing question. Hope its sorted quickly to avoid further confusion.
  6. Kevin Dethlefs-Moren Win User

Confused why a simple task is not complete?

My guess is you have a second account. This is double so if you turned off auto renew and you're receiving a single charge this time, not both. My suggestion is to review your billing activity at billing.microsoft.com and login with your email address, if
    the invoices (Click on the credit card holding your charges) don't show two charges for separate subscriptions (Gold and Zune, etc), this confirms a second account has your credit card.

If you want to avoid support due to your expierence, I'd start of with pulling up every gamertag you have on your console(s). Sign in to each gamertag, and go to social and select the avatar for that gamertag. Then go all the way to the right. Your windows
    live ID for that particular gamertag is going to be listed there. Sign in to each gamertag's windows live ID and verify you have no gold, and no charges (xbox.com and billing.microsoft.com respectively).

Otherwise, call Xbox Support and ask them to look at each gamertag. If you TRUELY don't have a gamertag under your control with your credit card on it, you could talk to your bank for a dispute process, or you could ask support to run your credit card through
    their system and see the account is one you know about (But keep in mind, although you are the credit card holder, they still have privacy rules to protect people from mistakes and vigilante's). The least they can do at that point is at least remove your credit
    card from the account, stopping charges.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. complete confusion with startup - Similar Threads - complete confusion startup

2. The xbox app is complete utter garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    The xbox app is complete utter garbage.: I can connect to everything on consoles but for some reason the app will not connect to the part if I'm using a pc or mobile device. How the hell can it be so bad? Half of the time I'm sending...
  3. Microsoft Complete in Australia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Complete in Australia: Is Microsoft Complete available for Xbox hardware (controllers etc.) in Australia? When I add a controller to my cart and go through the checkout process, there is no option to add Microsoft...
  4. Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is microsoft complete avaliable for purchase in india?: Is microsoft complete avaliable for xbox or surface devices in India? 5523ba12-b08f-498d-9ea3-c79fc79f5159
  5. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  6. Xbox completely shuts down playing online

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox completely shuts down playing online: Why does my Xbox series X (2020) just completely shut down while playing madden online!? I have cleared cache, alternate MAC address, changed all settings to “do not turn off automatically”,...
  7. As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of today, my wishlist on my Xbox account has been completely deleted. Gone.: I use it frequently (bought a game yesterday, in fact) and had around 50 games on there. Not only that, but I can't even add new games to create a new one. Will it restore automatically, or am I...
  8. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  9. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  10. I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".: I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets". Can someone please tell me what "Sets" are?? a02ece48-22ec-45d8-9f4a-5c64e592d55d