Compatible External HD with Series S

Discus and support Compatible External HD with Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is there something specific i should look for? I'm not worried about speed. I just want a drive that i can transfer games back and forth from the drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JINX26, Oct 30, 2022.

1. JINX26
    JINX26 Guest

is there something specific i should look for? I'm not worried about speed. I just want a drive that i can transfer games back and forth from the drive to the internal storage.

:)

JINX26, Oct 30, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support: “To play Optimised for Xbox Series X|S titles, games must be installed on the console’s internal SSD (the default install location) or the Seagate Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S”

If you’re looking for just a storage, you can buy a 3.0 external hard drive. You can also check this link: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one s Compatible

No the series s

With xbox one devices there is no compatibility of s or x or og

It's just xbox one

With one x gets HD upgrades when available
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Is My Hard Drive Bad?

Hello, MarbleBag590. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

The Western Digital Easystore is compatible with Xbox. It should be working just fine. What exact console do you have?

Xbox Series S/X optimized games cannot be run from External HDs, only on the internal drive and SSD expansion cards, but other games are able to run on external HDs just fine.

Do you have a computer to test it? Does it show on the computer?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox S Console with Game Pass Ultimate - Flight Simulator 2021 Install Problem

Fyi since you can access over 2tb that means you are trying to access it from an xbox one s not a series s

As mentioned byte others it is not compatible with the xbox ines

You will not be able to run it off of external drives
  6. Rishabh0067 Win User

i recently bought an external storage expansion for my xbox series s but it keeps crashing.

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there.

Experiencing crashes after connecting an external storage expansion to your Xbox Series S can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Compatibility Check:
    Make sure the external storage expansion you purchased is compatible with the Xbox Series S. The storage should meet the Xbox's requirements for USB 3.0 or later and the minimum storage capacity.

2. Reconnect and Power Cycle:
    Try disconnecting the external storage expansion, turning off your Xbox Series S, then reconnecting the storage, and turning on the console again. This simple step might help establish a stable connection.

3. Update Firmware:
    Check if the external storage expansion has any available firmware updates. Manufacturers sometimes release updates to improve stability and compatibility.

4. Test on Another USB Port:
    If you have multiple USB ports on your Xbox Series S, try connecting the external storage to a different port. This can help determine if the issue is related to a specific port.

5. Check for Drive Errors:
    Connect the external storage to a computer and run a disk check to identify and fix any potential errors on the drive.

6. Format the Drive:
    If possible, format the external storage using the Xbox Series S itself. Make sure to back up any important data before formatting.

7. Test Without External Storage:
    Disconnect the external storage and see if your Xbox Series S functions normally without it. This can help determine if the storage is causing the crashes.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
Thema:

1. Compatible External HD with Series S - Similar Threads - Compatible External Series

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  4. Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox: Dear Microsoft, I am owner of an Xbox and Fanatec Sim setup, however most of the wheel mappings don't work. I am annoyed that I have spent a lot of money just to get the functionality of 10% of...
  5. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  6. is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?: unsure on what to do [img] 80d02b12-2584-4a16-9162-895c5101c70a
  7. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...
  8. Mouse compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse compatibility: Hello i wanted to ask if the logitech g305 is compatible with xbox series s eb8f8e98-68d5-48c5-9bc7-df1136eadeca
  9. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  10. Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...

in XboX Insiders
    Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...: I have probably one of the strangest problems. I have some friends who upgraded to the Xbox series S or X, and some who are still on the Xbox One. I can match make and challenge people on the...