communications - can join parties, hear, chat but can't talk

Discus and support communications - can join parties, hear, chat but can't talk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Live issue with communications for 7-26-17 my son received a 24 hour ban for shooting/killing his peers in the game "Destiny". He is 7 and did not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BANNA FREAK734, Nov 12, 2017.

1. communications - can join parties, hear, chat but can't talk

Live issue with communications for

7-26-17 my son received a 24 hour ban for shooting/killing his peers in the game "Destiny". He is 7 and did not know how to play the game, understandable. Time served and everything come back except the ability to talk through the headset. So it has been
    5 months as of today and no full features (the ability to talk). He can access Live, chat, and hear but cannot speak.

His enforcement page still shows a yellow hammer and a green reputation but Xbox support confirmed that its not a perma/console ban just a simple 24 hour for in game play.

Xbox does not do case reviews on 24 hours and I don't want to instruct him to get another Ban so that enforcement will give a week and then the chance for a case review. Xbox support does not have a direct line to enforcement nor do they enforcement chat
    or contact us without making a additional more serious offense to get attention and a review.

cases-

headset not working- 1398632579

6 cases in between for same audio issue / 10 calls / 10 hours on phone

audio issue with console or device-1402582456

Hardware- Xbox one S

console 1 - after ban instructed to complete reset to factory still no resolve

console 2- Xbox determined that it was the console and replaced it but upon seeing the same issue refunded my shipping for their mistake

Controllers

Controller 1 was replaced by Xbox as they thought they may have been the problem with free shipping

Controller 2 was a new controller purchased to rule out that one too

***Purchased new to troubleshoot***

Accessories -

between the headset and the controllers...None so that ruled out

Headsets-

Headset 1- Apple brand as it is Xbox confirmed CTIA format

Headset 2- Logitech brand as it is Xbox confirmed CTIA format

***Both purchase new to troubleshoot***

*** console acknowledges that there is a headset connected and present audio through the headset when connected and go to TV when disconnected***

LAN Network settings -

Ip- Dynamic

Port forwarding- Open

MAC- Assigned

IP- Assigned

LAN Network hardware-

same as the old one that worked before the BAN with no config changes

Console troubleshooting-

Console 1 factory reset ( Xbox thought that it may be cache issue) before console 2 replacement

Nat settings are open

Connectivity to internet passes

Communication say all services are available

Set as home Xbox

Xbox will open tickets for me but are closed without resolve or notification

Eforcement message-

[table][tr][td]Enforcement Name[/td][td]Enforcement Date[/td][td]Case Review Status[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Communication [/td][td]7/26/2017, 11:41:22 PM [/td][td][/tr][tr][td]Enforcement Detail :- This account engaged in inappropriate communications. This activity may include harassment, abusive language, hate speech, profanity, disruptive or offensive language, spamming, or other inappropriate uses of Xbox Live communications features. Temporary suspension impact: For the duration of the suspension this account cannot use Xbox Live communication features, including in-game and party chat, messaging, video communications, gameplay broadcasting, sharing content, and Skype on Xbox One. Permanent suspension impact: This account can no longer sign in to Xbox Live from any device. This enforcement affects the account's Xbox Live privileges.[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE!

:)

BANNA FREAK734, Nov 12, 2017
  2. I'm pretty confused...

Hello, my name is Ben, and I'm very confused....

So for some reason I can't send messages/talk in parties, but I can hear people? I was unsuspended from a two week communication suspension on Friday, July 28th, around 9:50 CST. I can't talk in parties or game chat, and can't send messages but I can hear
    people? I was still able to message people through the Xbox app on my phone tho. He was saying I may've gotten some form of console suspension, because I tried to talk on another account and that didn't work either, and my friend got on my account and was
    able to talk just fine. If someone could help me out, that'd be great. Thanks for reading.

Crota Is Salty, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Communication banned

I was communication banned today and I can't talk in parties or even join them or text because my friend did something on there that I can't find and he got me banned but his account has already been banned can I please get unbanned from communication please

KITTENSPRINKLES, Nov 12, 2017
  4. communications - can join parties, hear, chat but can't talk

Why does Xbox support reps continue to just hang up on me when they are politely asked if they could help me fix this problem.... I am 14x and counting. Not rude at all, just begging for their help!

BANNA FREAK734, Nov 21, 2017
  5. BANNA FREAK734 Win User

Why does Xbox support reps continue to just hang up on me when they are politely asked if they could help me fix this problem.... I am 14x and counting. Not rude at all, just begging for their help!
  6. symphony 100 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Also can hear but can't talk to people in game and party chat. Is this related?
  7. xG Money 865 Win User

Can't access my friends list.. Again!

Having the same issue also also my friends and I can join in party chat but we can't hear each other and the little blue circle icons in the party chat either don't appear or doesn't show up that we are talking anyone having this issue as well? This is annoying
    party chat hasn't worked right since Xbox 360
  8. brandiesel1 Win User

Head set

My headset only works in party chat. When I'm playing other games I can see that people are talking but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. It only works in party chat.
  9. HighNoon AllDay Win User

Joining xbox party on a PC

That is not the issue. He is on xbox and can talk normally until I join the party from my pc, at that point he can no longer hear people and people cannot hear him. I however can hear people and they can hear me. It is just one person that cannot use party
    chat if i join on my pc.
Thema:

1. communications - can join parties, hear, chat but can't talk - Similar Threads - communications join parties

2. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  3. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  4. How long is a fourth communication ban?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How long is a fourth communication ban?: The first time I was mic banned it was for 12 hours. The second time was one week, and then my third was 2 weeks, and this all happened in 2018 and I haven’t been mic banned since then. So I was...
  5. Voice communication ban on xbox reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice communication ban on xbox reset?: If you have been communication banned 4 times and have a 24 day suspension your next com ban is permanent but i get false reported all the time and I don't want to be permanently communication...
  6. HELP!!! I got communications banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    HELP!!! I got communications banned.: So this guy named [mod removed] Communications banned me by tricking me into getting my account suspended I need info and I want u to avoid him. he wanted me to get him some more people intrested...
  7. Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?: I had a two week suspension because I said the “f” word when I died. I got a two week suspension. It lifted. I still can’t communicate with other players. What do I do?...
  8. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  9. on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...

in XBoX on Consoles
    on my game it says im suspended from online multiplayer and communications but when i check...: why does it say im suspended on my game but on the web it doesnt. 3cb5917a-4b46-4946-b14e-449909a1b6c0
  10. How did I get communication banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get communication banned?: Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through, they sent an e-mail suggesting that even...