Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct

Discus and support Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; This is the second week in a row that I received a communications ban on Xbox. The first ban said that I posted to the Sea of Thieves Looking for Group... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by RobAmyBrennen, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct

This is the second week in a row that I received a communications ban on Xbox. The first ban said that I posted to the Sea of Thieves Looking for Group the following- "Adults only! Helping new players learn or will help you level up. " The second ban said that I posted "Xbox Server alliance. Fully stocked brig yours for the taking."

I did post these, but months ago. Why would they come up now?

Neither of these are ban-able offenses, yet there is no way to challenge them.

First off, this shouldn't have happened in the first place. There must be a human reviewing this. If there was, no doubt I wouldn't have received a ban. Second, what is going wrong with the algorithm that is flagging posts like these?

The worst part of all of this, is there is no way to challenge it because it is a 2 day suspension. The people on the support line can't/won't help and just say to go the the enforcement.xbox.com page. Of course, I have been there and there is literally nothing there to help.

This is so completely wrong. I am furious that I have to waste my time and money for Xbox's mistakes.

:)

RobAmyBrennen, Nov 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ROBAMYBRENNEN

Enforcement actions are not always issued based in your latest activity on the Xbox network

As you already know, 48 hours suspension can't be appealed. Because usually the enforcement team can take up to 72 hours to review your ticket.

So, basically if you try to appeal, their response is going to arrive when the suspension is lifted

Also, unfortunately no one here including Microsoft customer support as well is capable to assist you with suspensions or enforcement actions.
    Because is not possible to access to your account and enforcement details.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Unfair ban and poor customer treatment

Hi there DiscoStuAqu

It was due to swearing which is against Community standards/Code of Conduct, Only the enforcement team deal with bans. enforcement.xbox.com
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Banned From xbox live for no reason at all.

not true you can be banned for having inappropriate content in your bio or for communications not just game play so yes I am correct they do not ban an account unless there was a violation against the code of conduct sorry.
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

xbox live enforcement is unfair

Sending inappropiate messages is against the code of conduct and could get you banned.

If you feel that the ban was unfair, visit http://enforcement.xbox.com and appeal against the ban.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

MY account Achievement980G was ban for Account Theft Phishing Solicitation

Which is against the code of conduct & why you were banned.
Thema:

1. Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct - Similar Threads - Communication ban nothing

2. How long is a fourth communication ban?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How long is a fourth communication ban?: The first time I was mic banned it was for 12 hours. The second time was one week, and then my third was 2 weeks, and this all happened in 2018 and I haven’t been mic banned since then. So I was...
  3. Voice communication ban on xbox reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice communication ban on xbox reset?: If you have been communication banned 4 times and have a 24 day suspension your next com ban is permanent but i get false reported all the time and I don't want to be permanently communication...
  4. HELP!!! I got communications banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    HELP!!! I got communications banned.: So this guy named [mod removed] Communications banned me by tricking me into getting my account suspended I need info and I want u to avoid him. he wanted me to get him some more people intrested...
  5. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  6. How did I get communication banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get communication banned?: Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through, they sent an e-mail suggesting that even...
  7. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  8. I got communication banned for some reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got communication banned for some reason: I got communication banned for using the clown emoji to a guy threatening to get me banned saying he worked at microsoft when he was obviously 13 i then decided to use clown emojis in a more...
  9. Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?: Just wondering if I can play online at all 5c3024d7-2109-4f19-ae9e-3c1e8129389e
  10. I was communication banned but I was not the one on my xbox I apologize for the long writing

in XBoX on Windows
    I was communication banned but I was not the one on my xbox I apologize for the long writing: I had family over for a thanksgiving party which they couldn’t attend and instead came over today, my cousins usually hang out in my room and I installed some games that they could play any games...