Communication Ban and Mature rated games

Discus and support Communication Ban and Mature rated games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; WARNING ADULT CONTENT NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN Has anyone suffered a Communication Ban after an interaction while playing a Mature rated game? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LMGT26, Oct 21, 2017.

1. LMGT26
    LMGT26 Guest

WARNING ADULT CONTENT

NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN

Has anyone suffered a Communication Ban after an interaction while playing a Mature rated game?

I received a 24 hour communication ban from Microsoft after communicating with a "Child account" player participating online on GTA 5.

When participating in online game play in a Mature rated game, there is a reasonable expectation of adult language. Here's a few quotes from GTA 5 that feature language far worse than my own. Again not suitable for children

Nervous Ron Jakowski: Come in, come in.

Trevor Philips: I'll cum in your ear when I get my hands on you.

Trevor Philips: Who is this guy using my dead friend's tired-**** quotes with my dead friend's alias? And my dead friend's family? In a house that must have been paid for by my dead friend's stashed millions?

Wade Herbert: Wow, that's a real mind ****.

Trevor Philips: Yeah, I'll show you a **** mind ****. I'm gonna stick my boy in your eye, it's gonna come out your ear!

Wade Herbert: I-I-I didn't mean anything by that, T... T-Trevor.

Trevor Philips: Lube up your eye hole, ****, 'cause I'm gonna **** your tiny mind! I'm about ready to turn you into roadkill!

Wade Herbert: Please, don't turn me into anything. I just wanna be Wade.

I'll survive a 24 hour ban, but Microsoft needs to stop interfering with player interaction. All the legal warnings are in place to cover their liability.

:)

LMGT26, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Report underaged kids playing mature rated games

If I can get a ban for using adult language in an adult game, kids should NOT be allowed to play mature rated games. Their account should be banned if caught playing a mature rated game. I support the ratings on games.....do you?

x MasterChard x, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Darcseide
    Darcseide Guest
    Console ban

I am playing games rated M for mature and Xbox chat ban me for 3 months for trash talk. I think they console ban because they need to sell more units. I just play my PS4 and screw Xbox.

Darcseide, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Communication Ban and Mature rated games

HI there,

Games have ratings, just as Live does. While a game can get an M rating, Live is rated E for everyone.

The
    Code of Conduct
    (which all users agree to follow upon creating an account) states:

"What are examples of content that is prohibited in Xbox Live?

(Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Content prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn’t on this list doesn’t mean it’s OK.)

• Content that could harm or harass a person, including yourself, or an animal. For example:
      • Profane words or phrases"

Mistress Sara, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Age ratings on games only mean that someone under that age can not buy that game & only covers single player content.

As every game with an online part tells you the online side is not rated.Xbox live however is & as Sara said,everything you do on xbox live must be rated E for everyone,no matter what game you are playing.

Daft Badger, Oct 22, 2017
  6. LMGT26
    LMGT26 Guest
    Incorrect, Xbox Live has no rating. The ratings for games/software are giving by the ESRB, not a platform or manufacturer. The ESRB requires each game that has online content to disclaim that those interactions are not rated. Simply because the ESRB cannot
    review that content previous to release.

Xbox Live does have a Code of Conduct for users, however this code should be overridden by or scale with the rating assigned by the governing body. An individual should not be able to report another player for adult language, when they have agreed to being
    exposed to such language under the guidelines of the ESRB.

As to the Code of Conduct you quoted, none of the language I used could "harm or harass." Very little language is considered legally harmful, typically language related to themes that fall under Obscenity by U.S Law, and a single
    interaction does not meet the legal president for harrassment.

LMGT26, Nov 1, 2018
  7. LMGT26 Win User

Incorrect, Xbox Live has no rating. The ratings for games/software are giving by the ESRB, not a platform or manufacturer. The ESRB requires each game that has online content to disclaim that those interactions are not rated. Simply because the ESRB cannot
    review that content previous to release.

Xbox Live does have a Code of Conduct for users, however this code should be overridden by or scale with the rating assigned by the governing body. An individual should not be able to report another player for adult language, when they have agreed to being
    exposed to such language under the guidelines of the ESRB.

As to the Code of Conduct you quoted, none of the language I used could "harm or harass." Very little language is considered legally harmful, typically language related to themes that fall under Obscenity by U.S Law, and a single
    interaction does not meet the legal president for harrassment.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Age ratings on games only mean that someone under that age can not buy that game & only covers single player content.

As every game with an online part tells you the online side is not rated.Xbox live however is & as Sara said,everything you do on xbox live must be rated E for everyone,no matter what game you are playing.
  9. Mistress Sara Win User

HI there,

Games have ratings, just as Live does. While a game can get an M rating, Live is rated E for everyone.

The
    Code of Conduct
    (which all users agree to follow upon creating an account) states:

"What are examples of content that is prohibited in Xbox Live?

(Note: the examples below are just a few examples of Content prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn’t on this list doesn’t mean it’s OK.)

• Content that could harm or harass a person, including yourself, or an animal. For example:
      • Profane words or phrases"
  10. TyDe Inferno Win User

Emblem Maker

Dude i know they need to stop banning people for no reason this game was rated m for mature I got my emblems banned too
  11. Monk3ybu11 Win User

Emblem Maker

"Dude i know they need to stop banning people for no reason this game was rated m for mature I got my emblems banned too"

Games are allowed to be M for mature but when they use xbox live they have to follow xbox live's terms and conditions so they have to keep it PG
Thema:

1. Communication Ban and Mature rated games - Similar Threads - Communication Ban Mature

2. I got communication banned by a cheater.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got communication banned by a cheater.: First he started off with killing new players I said you have fun killing people trying to enjoy the game. He said OK beta I said (Mod Removed) mean. Then he reported me and then I’m banned is...
  3. How long is a fourth communication ban?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How long is a fourth communication ban?: The first time I was mic banned it was for 12 hours. The second time was one week, and then my third was 2 weeks, and this all happened in 2018 and I haven’t been mic banned since then. So I was...
  4. Voice communication ban on xbox reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice communication ban on xbox reset?: If you have been communication banned 4 times and have a 24 day suspension your next com ban is permanent but i get false reported all the time and I don't want to be permanently communication...
  5. HELP!!! I got communications banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    HELP!!! I got communications banned.: So this guy named [mod removed] Communications banned me by tricking me into getting my account suspended I need info and I want u to avoid him. he wanted me to get him some more people intrested...
  6. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  7. How did I get communication banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get communication banned?: Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through, they sent an e-mail suggesting that even...
  8. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  9. I got communication banned for some reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got communication banned for some reason: I got communication banned for using the clown emoji to a guy threatening to get me banned saying he worked at microsoft when he was obviously 13 i then decided to use clown emojis in a more...
  10. Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?: Just wondering if I can play online at all 5c3024d7-2109-4f19-ae9e-3c1e8129389e