Common Problem with Fable 3.

Discus and support Common Problem with Fable 3. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I Purchased Fable 3 for PC Retail. Tried installing from the disk. Fail. Cannot connect to the GFWL service with a functional internet connection.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fable3PCBroken, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Common Problem with Fable 3.

I Purchased Fable 3 for PC Retail.

Tried installing from the disk.

Fail. Cannot connect to the GFWL service with a functional internet connection.

Setup a Microsoft account, try again.

Fail. Research the problem further.

Spam the enter key to get past it ? Ok then.

Fail. Remaining options: Wait for a fix or pirate the game.

I refuse to pirate the game so that leaves waiting for a fix.

For the record this a gaming system:

AMD phenom 2 x6 2.8 Ghz

8 GB of ram

Over 200 GB free HDD space

Nvidia GTX 970

windows 7 64

And I have also tried:

Security ON and OFF,

Running the program as an admin.

Restarting my PC.

Which did not work.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get this to work ?

I specifically cannot get past the verify the release date screen - the game was released some time before 2016 so it should not be a problem.

:)

Fable3PCBroken, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Trouble to download Fable III

every time i try to download fable 3, it gets to 18% and freezes. Is this a common problem and are there any solutions?

K1LR x WiiLKES, Jun 17, 2016
  3. looking for some buddies to play with!

feel free to add has well......have a few games in common...peggle..fable 2 and 3 both L4D games and Halo 3......

xxD4rK B1ad3xx, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Ziptar
    Ziptar Guest

GFWL shut down permanently.

Yep, microsft is *** all fable 3 on PC buyers.

Ziptar, Jun 27, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply Ziptar.

This is one of those situations where it would be morally right to pirate / crack the game - I have purchased a legitimate copy of the game but an unable to play it due to the activation service being shut down. I seriously doubt microsoft / police would
    agree with me on that so as I have said in my original post I will be waiting for a highly unlikely fix or until I can return it to the shop for a refund.

Before reading the following paragraph - Warning: Your local laws may be different.

Having said that I remember reading something online about it slowly becoming legal to bypass the DRM if the DRM service have been down for six months or more providing you live in the United States - there is an article on tomshardware.com, geek.com and
    kitguru.net - the last site in particular is what I am referring to with this paragraph.

After reading the above paragraph - Warning: Your local laws may be different.

If someone from microsoft reads this you need to figure out a way to allow legal activation of this game, the single player element at the minimum - maybe work out something with valve / steam as an example.

Fable3PCBroken, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Fable3PCBroken Win User

Thanks for the reply Ziptar.

This is one of those situations where it would be morally right to pirate / crack the game - I have purchased a legitimate copy of the game but an unable to play it due to the activation service being shut down. I seriously doubt microsoft / police would
    agree with me on that so as I have said in my original post I will be waiting for a highly unlikely fix or until I can return it to the shop for a refund.

Before reading the following paragraph - Warning: Your local laws may be different.

Having said that I remember reading something online about it slowly becoming legal to bypass the DRM if the DRM service have been down for six months or more providing you live in the United States - there is an article on tomshardware.com, geek.com and
    kitguru.net - the last site in particular is what I am referring to with this paragraph.

After reading the above paragraph - Warning: Your local laws may be different.

If someone from microsoft reads this you need to figure out a way to allow legal activation of this game, the single player element at the minimum - maybe work out something with valve / steam as an example.
  7. Ziptar Win User

GFWL shut down permanently.

Yep, microsft is *** all fable 3 on PC buyers.
  8. K1LR x WiiLKES Win User

Trouble to download Fable III

every time i try to download fable 3, it gets to 18% and freezes. Is this a common problem and are there any solutions?
  9. xxD4rK B1ad3xx Win User

looking for some buddies to play with!

feel free to add has well......have a few games in common...peggle..fable 2 and 3 both L4D games and Halo 3......
  10. VampireGabi Win User

Download Fable 3: Can't Download This Item

I'm having the same problem with Fable 3 as well, and only Fable 3. I have a solid internet connection.
Thema:

1. Common Problem with Fable 3. - Similar Threads - Common Problem Fable

2. Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?: Why in God's name is there a new special strike system that adds a multi-player ban to the communications bans? If you don't wanna hear somebody block and mute them it's not that hard. You don't...
  3. Is this common to lose items you paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this common to lose items you paid for?: I purchased Helix Points for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I recently loaded up the game again and the remaining Helix Points I had as well as the items I purchased are now gone. However there are...
  4. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?: So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to...
  5. The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?: The middle of the lower common cards are blank in the middle on my Xbox x and I don’t know why. The high diamond 90 plus cards are fine ec0c4109-973f-4296-a93d-2f71f6ec6af4
  6. (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...: The title is pretty self explanatory, but it’s true. On the Series X, I pre-ordered the base Modern Warfare II game back in September, or around that time of year. I didn’t want to commit...
  7. I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...: I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG forum? Why have you banned me for two days without a warning and no option to review. Edit: Just been...
  8. Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option: To start things off I love the idea, and initially I had no problems connecting to discord and linking through my Xbox account via QR code. However soon after (about a half hour) the option under...
  9. Are trident drops common on bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are trident drops common on bedrock?: I'm on a bedrock server with some friends and have gotten 5 tridents over just a few days of playing. We do live near a body of water, so tons of drowned, but still, i feel like i have way more...
  10. How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?

in XboX Insiders
    How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?: So I recently opened a ticket with Xbox support (they recommend me to this SubReddit) through their live chat and had to have it escalated because of achievements randomly not unlocking in AC...