Common issue with console needing restart before it'll read a disk

Discus and support Common issue with console needing restart before it'll read a disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It appears that our Xbox One X has an issue that has been reported by multiple people but a solid answer is not given. Test case: Turn console on and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisRyu, Feb 10, 2020.

1. ChrisRyu
    ChrisRyu Guest

It appears that our Xbox One X has an issue that has been reported by multiple people but a solid answer is not given.

Test case:

Turn console on and select game that is in the console

Receive error that disk is not in the console

Taking disk out and re-inserting produces same error

Restart console from button or menu

Game plays fine

All disk changes will work fine until console is turned off again.

:)

ChrisRyu, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

3. Akeemnator Win User

Help!!!!!!

it seem as though his console wont read the disk, i think that the issue. you may need to clean the disc before playing game or install it to your harddrive.
  4. Qwertei Win User

Backward Compatibility Issues

Hey FairerGolem022

Let's make sure the game works on the 360 before trying the Xbox one. If it does not work it'll mean there is damage towards the disk and will need to be replaced. If it does read i'd try troubleshooting the Xbox one let's hold, the power button on the console
    for 8 seconds until power down, once it's off unplug the power supply and let it sit for 5 minutes after it is done plug it all back in and try the disk out.
  5. ViceJordan Win User

Xbox one disc drive wont work

Its happened to my console, but without any sounds. I completely unplugged my console and left it for 10 minutes. It worked for me. Xbox needs to look into to this and accept there are common issues with their disk drive.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox series S

Why would it

All digital console is just that it's not new ps4 and xbox one had all digital console

Why would they let you steal games?.

You can't verify if you still own the disk

You also lack the hardware ro read disks

And the console smart delivery takes into account for the lack of disk drive and less hardware

If you wanted disks why not get a disk console.It's common sense

You wouldn't be able to use just any disk drive as you would need security chips and have a certain speed
Thema:

1. Common issue with console needing restart before it'll read a disk - Similar Threads - Common issue console

2. Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?: Why in God's name is there a new special strike system that adds a multi-player ban to the communications bans? If you don't wanna hear somebody block and mute them it's not that hard. You don't...
  3. Is this common to lose items you paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this common to lose items you paid for?: I purchased Helix Points for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I recently loaded up the game again and the remaining Helix Points I had as well as the items I purchased are now gone. However there are...
  4. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?: So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to...
  5. The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?: The middle of the lower common cards are blank in the middle on my Xbox x and I don’t know why. The high diamond 90 plus cards are fine ec0c4109-973f-4296-a93d-2f71f6ec6af4
  6. (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...: The title is pretty self explanatory, but it’s true. On the Series X, I pre-ordered the base Modern Warfare II game back in September, or around that time of year. I didn’t want to commit...
  7. I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...: I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG forum? Why have you banned me for two days without a warning and no option to review. Edit: Just been...
  8. Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option: To start things off I love the idea, and initially I had no problems connecting to discord and linking through my Xbox account via QR code. However soon after (about a half hour) the option under...
  9. Are trident drops common on bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are trident drops common on bedrock?: I'm on a bedrock server with some friends and have gotten 5 tridents over just a few days of playing. We do live near a body of water, so tons of drowned, but still, i feel like i have way more...
  10. How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?

in XboX Insiders
    How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?: So I recently opened a ticket with Xbox support (they recommend me to this SubReddit) through their live chat and had to have it escalated because of achievements randomly not unlocking in AC...