Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my...

Discus and support Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] using the delete command does that no matter what, ran powershell in admin and did everything the help websites did.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EyeballTrey, Nov 12, 2022.

1. EyeballTrey
    EyeballTrey Guest

Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my...

Command to get rid of xbox  gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my... [​IMG]

using the delete command does that no matter what, ran powershell in admin and did everything the help websites did.

:)

EyeballTrey, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Jan Emad Win User

Problem with Gaming services

Thanks for your reply.

Solution 1: I did repair all mentioned apps.

Solution 2: I excuted the first command, however second one transfers me to Microsoft Store, that gives me this error Code: 0x80070005 and Gaming services still fails to update. I am not sure if that means that the first command didn't work and the app didn't get Uninstalled!

Solution 3: I also excuted it, but overall I still fail to update gaming services on Microsoft Store or install it on Xbox app.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my xbox games wont download so i tried to delete the gaming services app but it wont delete.

Hi EyeballTrey,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you are having issues downloading game through your PC. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • If you are on a PC, may I ask for Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    Here are methods we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Reset Windows Store

Open Command Prompt (admin)

Run the command below

[table][tr]
    WSreset.exe
    [/tr][/table]
    Then restart your PC

Re-register Store apps

Open Windows Powershell (Admin)

Run the command below

[table][tr]
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    [/tr][/table]
    Re-register Windows Store

Open Command Prompt (admin)

[table][tr]
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    [/tr][/table]
    Reboot PC

Then open command prompt (admin) again

Run the command below

[table][tr]
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    [/tr][/table]
    Run the SFC /SCANNOW command

Open Command Prompt(Admin)

Type the command below.

[table][tr]
    sfc /scannow
    [/tr][/table]
    Wait for the scan to complete.

If there's no errors, you can close the console now.

If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:

[table][tr]
    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    [/tr][/table]
    Restart the computer and run scan again.

[table][tr]
    sfc /scannow
    [/tr][/table]
    Perform Clean Boot

• Search for Task Manager and open it
    • Click More details
    • Move to Startup tab
    • Click on Disable
    • Do this on all the startup applications on the list
    • Close task manager
    • Search for the command below
    [table][tr]
    msconfig
    [/tr][/table]
    • Under the System Configuration Window go to Services
    • Check Hide all Microsoft Services on the left side
    • Once all Microsoft Services are hidden click on disable all on the right side
    • Click on OK then Restart
    You may also perform troubleshooting guide found on the link below

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Once we receive your answers to the questions above, we may suggest additional troubleshooting measures.

Looking Forward for your next reply.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my xbox games wont download so i tried to delete the gaming services app but it wont delete.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. AyeeJamesy Win User

Digital Games Not Opening

Error 0x80070005 occurs when you launch a game or app on Xbox One

You see the following error code when you try to launch a game or app on your Xbox One console:

• 0x80070005

This means that there might be a problem with the Xbox Live service, or that there’s an issue with the item you’re trying to launch.
  6. DroppingDead Win User

Xbox (beta) Administrator approval required for installation.

Fix for Game Pass for PC Admin Error (0x80070005)

Not only did this solution not work, I was unable to sign into the Xbox app entirely after doing this, even after then re-enabling the setting. I had to go into services and manually reset all the Xbox related services and restart to be able to log in again.

Don't feel like reverting my update so i guess I have to wait until there is another update rip.
Thema:

1. Command to get rid of xbox gaming services will not work, error 0x80070005 any help? my... - Similar Threads - Command rid gaming

2. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keys automatically move when I'm not commanding them: When on any screen, the buttons will try to go up and right. This is on both remotes with fresh batteries. For example, I'm trying in a code and it won't let me move it/stay. Ill move it down and...
  4. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  5. Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands: I wonder if someone can help or at least shead some light on what the issue may be. The situation is this. Minecraft / Bedrock on Xbox X been working fine, my son uses it so we can play together...
  6. Didn't get the Santa commander in World of warships on Xbox platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Didn't get the Santa commander in World of warships on Xbox platform: I bought the Santa commander during the xbox holiday event. He is not in my inventory. Please refund my gold. Thanks. Resident Camper 89696a62-f003-4b1e-ac8b-10e6d9e02203
  7. Xbox controller working but Xbox not seeing the commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller working but Xbox not seeing the commands: My series x is on and my controller is on but when I click on anything the function clicks the app but doesn’t go into the app. What could this be and how can I fix it?? My series s doesn’t have...
  8. Supreme Commander 2 fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Supreme Commander 2 fixes?: So I just got an Acer predator and downloaded a rts game called Supreme Commander 2 that I grew up playing and have always loved, I have been very excited to finally play the dlcs. I am on windows...
  9. My controler is turned on but won't respond to the commands

in XboX Insiders
    My controler is turned on but won't respond to the commands: My controler batteries were low, so i used a charger and connected it to the console. After this, it can turn on, but pressing the buttons wont do anything. It was the first time i tried to use a...
  10. F1 23 Voice command

in XBoX Games and Apps
    F1 23 Voice command: I was wondering if some can assist. I played F1 22 and saw when communicating with race engineer there was a headphone, and then click the prompts to give an order so I saw with an headset you can...