Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox

Discus and support Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by xboxuser77, Oct 7, 2018.

1. xboxuser77
    xboxuser77 Guest

Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: TV Remote through Xbox
    With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a specific TV channel (if OneGuide supports your cable operator), channel up/down, volume up/down and power on/off.

Special commands like controlling on-demand portals and stuff like that are not supported through the Xbox.

You might want to check if for example a Logitech Harmony universal remote is compatible with Xfinity and the on-demand service, and use that to control your home-theater with one remote control.

:)

xboxuser77, Oct 7, 2018
  2. VaporKnight
    VaporKnight Guest
    Xbox One losing TV signal - Comcast Xfinity X1

I have an Xfinity X1 and TV works great most of the time. I have been losing my TV signal once or twice a week from my Xfinity X1 though. Power cycling the Xbox (pulling cord) always fixes it. But it is a bit annoying!

I assume it has something to do with Comcast rebooting the X1 remotely... which seems to happen quite frequently, but not certain. Hopefully MS can fix this soon... my TV never had that issue when cabled directly... although I suppose my TV wasn't
    in a low power state like the Xbox when off.

VaporKnight, Oct 7, 2018
  3. UAMTR54
    UAMTR54 Guest
    Xbox One TV and Xfinity X1

I have successfully set up my Xbox to watch TV through Comcast Xfinity X1. However, when I turn on my Xbox, I also have to restart (power down and on the front power button on the Xfinity box) in order to get a TV signal. I have to do this everytime in order
    to get a TV signal. Anyone else have this problem or a remedy?

UAMTR54, Oct 7, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

I don't think that functionality is available with the xbox one. You can contact support directly to find out if they have any solutions. Contact Us | Xbox Support

{Parity}, Oct 7, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    With the IR-Blasting feature from the Xbox One, you can only send "simple" remote control signals like channel numbers to switch to a specific TV channel (if OneGuide supports your cable operator), channel up/down, volume up/down and power on/off.

Special commands like controlling on-demand portals and stuff like that are not supported through the Xbox.

You might want to check if for example a Logitech Harmony universal remote is compatible with Xfinity and the on-demand service, and use that to control your home-theater with one remote control.

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
  6. Arminator Win User

7. VaporKnight Win User

Xbox One losing TV signal - Comcast Xfinity X1

I have an Xfinity X1 and TV works great most of the time. I have been losing my TV signal once or twice a week from my Xfinity X1 though. Power cycling the Xbox (pulling cord) always fixes it. But it is a bit annoying!

I assume it has something to do with Comcast rebooting the X1 remotely... which seems to happen quite frequently, but not certain. Hopefully MS can fix this soon... my TV never had that issue when cabled directly... although I suppose my TV wasn't
    in a low power state like the Xbox when off.
  8. Darth Ominous Win User

X1 Platform/Xbox One Set Up

Old thread, but I just went through this pain today, after moving states. Directv box had no issues, but the Xfinity X1 box, oh boy!!

1) Reset your TV settings through the TV/One guide in the settings.

2) Go through the setup again.

3) Choose Comcast as the provider.

4) Xfinity as the cable box brand.

5) The command will fail at least 4 times for power.

6) Select skip, then use the manual setup and type "X1".

This should work from this point forward.
  9. KrissrocK Win User

Comcast

I can get to the setup/wizard just fine, but it doesn't work with my Comcast Xfinity X1 box...TV commands work great, but nothing for the cable box
  10. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Can't change channel

Hey Rui,

For the Comcast X1, how did you set it up? Did you go through device detection? It should say you have a Comcast (or Xfinity) box and you're using C1982 as the IR codeset.

If detection doesn't seem to be working, you can manually enter the model number as Comcast X1.
Thema:

1. Comcast/Xfinity X1: TV Remote through Xbox - Similar Threads - Comcast Xfinity Remote

2. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  3. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Windows
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  4. Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email: So back around in like 2008ish I created an Xbox Live account with a fake comcast email (just changed an already exiating email by one letter). One day I was trying to sign in when a message...
  5. xbox s latency vs comcast speed test latency

in XboX Insiders
    xbox s latency vs comcast speed test latency: So for the past month or so Ive been having alot of internet issues. So I have internet speeds of 800-1000 mbps download 13-20 upload 17 ms latency on my speed test for Comcast. Now when I test on...
  6. Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?: My Xbox Series X refuses to connect to my Comcast Router. Anyone else having this issue? My Xbox One X worked fine. d8afe856-1c76-4f1f-a30a-f9ee0d016075
  7. How do I get rid of Comcast email login problems?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do I get rid of Comcast email login problems?: I am a professional techie and want to communicate with my clients with an email service. Hence, I have selected Comcast email service for my clear and effective communication. Comcast email...
  8. Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): cant toggle out of live tv Hey there KarmicNickle150, Sorry to hear you are running into this problem, have you tried using the controller with the USB cable to...
  9. Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be! Hey UtileApollo2175, did you manage to sort this issue ? Thank you for reaching out...
  10. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....