Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard

Discus and support Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Pc crashes and restarts when this happens. [img] f882ad59-5469-4243-ae59-29c73ac6d5f7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by whoisrik, Nov 16, 2022.

1. whoisrik
    whoisrik Guest

Pc crashes and restarts when this happens.
    Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard [​IMG]

:)

whoisrik, Nov 16, 2022
  2. SPOOKYVILLE Win User

Taptiles overheating my computer.

Taptiles Constantly crashes my PC (everything updated). Running dual screen setup with taptiles on second screen and get ATIKMDAG.SYS crashes several times a week. Running ATI 7900 series graphics card with fully updated driver.
  3. Max Prüß Win User

PC crashes after sometime on some games

After removing and reinstalling the graphic drivers i got a new kind of crash, where the game stutters and closes for a few seconds and after that completly frezzes my pc again. The PSU i have is the Be Quiet STRAIGHT1000.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox Controller Running My Motherboard Like An Implanted Virus

As above, an Xbox controller won't cause USB port issues ordinarily...it points to either a faulty port on your motherboard, faulty USB controller or a sub-optimal Windows install.

Is your Windows fully up-to-date?

More importantly, are your chipset drivers up-to-date? Click on the WIndows icon bottom left of your screen...start typing "Device Manager"...click open when it shows up. On the windows that appears, click the little right-side facing arrow on each item to expand....look for any that have yellow exclamation marks as that indicates a driver issue. Right click on any and clik "update driver".

Some of them may be chipset drivers which may need the driver being downloaded direct from the manufacturers site.

Could you please post the specs of your system so we can see what we are dealing with:

CPU

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

PSU (power supply, mainly what wattage is it)

Hard drives
  5. SkeleChris Win User

PC freezes game I try to load up and then freezes my other applications

I am using windows 11

This started a couple months ago, which I figured may have been from getting a new motherboard, but after updating everything it didn’t fix it. Another problem I had was the motherboard would stop sending power to some of my usbs, however for the most part I fixed that other than the occasional times it’ll stop and then start sending power again.

I update my system and apps a lot so I’m not sure if any specific one may have caused it

This also can happen with any game, when trying to play league of legends it only fixed after I uninstalled MSI center but other games still will cause the issue

So in total

I have updated my motherboard to the newest updates that I know of

I have used command prompt to see if I can find issues but found nothing

I have also used a driver updater to keep everything updated driver wise

My graphics driver is also updated

Thank you for the help!
  6. Jhonkito Win User

My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

Hi Logibon, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's definitely frustrating to have your monitors randomly shut off while playing games after upgrading your graphics card. Based on my experience Here are some possibilities and troubleshooting steps you can try to identify and fix the cause:

Possible causes:

Driver instability: New hardware can sometimes require newer or specific driver versions to function properly. Check if any updates are available for your RTX 2060 drivers and motherboard chipset drivers.

Overheating: While your temperatures seem within reasonable range during the Furmark test, specific game scenarios might push the GPU or other components closer to their thermal limits, triggering the monitors to shut off as a safety measure. Try monitoring temperatures while playing the games where the issue occurs (using software like GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner) to see if they spike near critical points.

Power supply: While a 620W PSU should be sufficient for an RTX 2060 in most cases, a low-quality bronze-rated PSU could potentially struggle with sudden power spikes during gameplay. Consider checking reviews or using online calculators to see if your PSU can consistently deliver the required power.

Software conflicts: Other programs running in the background could interfere with the graphics driver or game, causing crashes. Try closing any unnecessary applications before playing games and see if the issue persists.

Display settings: Check your display settings in Windows and the game itself. Incompatible refresh rates or other display settings could cause instability. Make sure everything is set to the native resolution and refresh rate of your monitors.

Troubleshooting steps:

Update drivers: Install the latest official drivers for your RTX 2060 and motherboard chipset. Use the manufacturer's website or NVIDIA GeForce Experience for the graphics card and the motherboard manufacturer's website for the chipset.

Monitor temperatures: Use software like GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner to monitor temperatures while playing games where the issue occurs. If temperatures reach critically high levels, investigate improved cooling solutions or undervolting the GPU.

Test with a different PSU: If your PSU is old or of low quality, consider testing with a friend's or borrowing one from a reputable store to see if the issue persists.

Close background applications: Close any unnecessary background applications before playing games to minimize potential conflicts.

Check display settings: Ensure your display settings in Windows and the game match the native resolution and refresh rate of your monitors.

Clean install drivers: Uninstall your current graphics card drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and then perform a clean installation of the latest official drivers.

Reinstall the game: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game where the issue occurs. This can sometimes resolve corrupted files or conflicts.

Check for system errors: Run a system file checker scan (sfc /scannow) and DISM scan (DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) to check for and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing crashes.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
Thema:

1. Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard - Similar Threads - Colorful screen crash

2. Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird

in XboX Insiders
    Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird: Hey. Wish I could post attachments to better show my issues. But I’ll describe it best as I can The display on the tv is fine until I swap to the Xbox. Once I get to the login screen and anything...
  3. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  4. Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S colors on the screen looking weird.: [img] I was moving stuff around my room and decided to unplug my Xbox series S, once I was done and plugged everything back in, the colors on my Xbox started to look really bright and and a little...
  5. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  6. My whole Home Screen is glitched. Whenever I load a game it’s normal colors, not sure what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My whole Home Screen is glitched. Whenever I load a game it’s normal colors, not sure what...: This just happened today, I tried resetting, unplugging and a new hdmi chord but nothing has solved it. 63c2a16b-d86a-45be-956d-e58856c83a57
  7. My Xbox screen went brown it’s the tv but I’m not sure if maybe I hit some sort of color...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox screen went brown it’s the tv but I’m not sure if maybe I hit some sort of color...: I was playing a game when my dog walked over my controller and then my whole game went like a light shade of brown and it’s not just the game it’s the whole Xbox I don’t know if maybe it turned on...
  8. Screen color washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen color washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): So I have been playing Halo on my Xbox series x recently and sporadically when I start my console HDR seems to pitch a fit. Turning HDR off and on doesn't fix the issue. Quick resume doesn't seem...
  9. Look at my screen it’s is so bad color wise it’s all games I done tried to play and

in XboX Insiders
    Look at my screen it’s is so bad color wise it’s all games I done tried to play and: [IMG] submitted by /u/joedoe37 [link] [comments]
  10. I’m having some issues with the color of my screen using Xbox Series X, any solutions?

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having some issues with the color of my screen using Xbox Series X, any solutions?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Chlxriine [link] [comments]