Color, brightness, contrast...whatever...

Discus and support Color, brightness, contrast...whatever... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I notice a picture quality issue with the Xbox one. The picture quality is just slightly dim-just enough to annoy me. It is like the brightness, or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redgreenxmas, Feb 8, 2018.

1. redgreenxmas
    redgreenxmas Guest

I notice a picture quality issue with the Xbox one. The picture quality is just slightly dim-just enough to annoy me.

It is like the brightness, or contrast, or whatever, is not up to current picture quality standards. And trust me, I have tried many many times to adjust the settings on my TV set, and the Xbox one settings, to make the picture up to par.

I have xfinity cable tv, and a PlayStation 4, and both of these have the brightness, contrast, or whatever that I expect from electronics made currently. I have a samsung tv (1080p), and I am just wondering if you guys at Xbox could check this out.

I have not found anyone else mentioning this problem, which makes me think that- - I don’t know, because to me it is quite obvious, and annoying.

Thanks for reading my issue,

-RG

:)

redgreenxmas, Feb 8, 2018
  2. Mykee36
    Mykee36 Guest
    RCA LED55C55R120Q 55" Tv not supported with the Kinect? No codes work

Hey Nastadon what code are you using? Here are my settings and got rid of the lag.

Brightness 47

Contrast 28

Color 50

Tint 50

Sharpness 10

Color mode Warm

Noise reduction off

Dynamic Contrast Off

Video Style Video

Mykee36, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Calibrating a plasma tv

So i set my cinema settings to default and they are:

Contrast:100

Brightness:58

Color:51

Tint:0

Sharpness:0

Color temp:Warm

I know that all image enhancements should be off when gaming but should they also be off when watching movies or tv?

Bear Grylls 619, Feb 8, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

The Xbox One has a very useful tool to help with getting the correct picture settings, if you press the Xbox button on the controller then select the Systems tab Settings / Display & sound / Video output / Calibrate HDTV this will bring up a series of instructions
    and guidelines for picture adjustments to make for getting the best image possible.

gds1972, Feb 8, 2018
  5. redgreenxmas
    redgreenxmas Guest
    indeed, I am aware of that feature. I have resolved my issue, however, thanks to just reevaluating my thoughts and vision, by remembering how contrast, and etc. look in the theaters. I guess I was wanting the pictures to ‘come to life,’ haha, or something.
    I haven’t tried any games yet, but based on some movies, it looks like I have solved my grievance.

Thanks for commenting though,

-RG

redgreenxmas, Nov 1, 2018
  6. redgreenxmas Win User

indeed, I am aware of that feature. I have resolved my issue, however, thanks to just reevaluating my thoughts and vision, by remembering how contrast, and etc. look in the theaters. I guess I was wanting the pictures to ‘come to life,’ haha, or something.
    I haven’t tried any games yet, but based on some movies, it looks like I have solved my grievance.

Thanks for commenting though,

-RG
  7. gds1972 Win User

Hi

The Xbox One has a very useful tool to help with getting the correct picture settings, if you press the Xbox button on the controller then select the Systems tab Settings / Display & sound / Video output / Calibrate HDTV this will bring up a series of instructions
    and guidelines for picture adjustments to make for getting the best image possible.
  8. Mykee36 Win User

RCA LED55C55R120Q 55" Tv not supported with the Kinect? No codes work

Hey Nastadon what code are you using? Here are my settings and got rid of the lag.

Brightness 47

Contrast 28

Color 50

Tint 50

Sharpness 10

Color mode Warm

Noise reduction off

Dynamic Contrast Off

Video Style Video
  9. Just a Volunteer Win User

4k looks white washed?

Glad its back to normal. Sounds like it was the TV picture settings. Resetting to default color, brightness contrast etc. was good idea and using Xbox auto detect is recommended.
  10. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Graphics - Not what I expected...

Depends what rig and monitor you have.

-

The graphics are fine, but I wish they would fix the brightness and contrast so light colors aren't so blinding and dark colors aren't pitch black. I also wish they would do away with the map tints.
Thema:

1. Color, brightness, contrast...whatever... - Similar Threads - Color brightness contrast

2. My xbox doesn't have color filters

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox doesn't have color filters: So just got a xbox one S and I am trying to use the color filter but when I got to Accessibility it doesn't show color filters? b9666985-b9e9-45c2-9e97-1bf72ec46c3f
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird

in XboX Insiders
    Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird: Hey. Wish I could post attachments to better show my issues. But I’ll describe it best as I can The display on the tv is fine until I swap to the Xbox. Once I get to the login screen and anything...
  5. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  6. Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...: Hello community! I ordered a controller some time ago, and the controller recently had a tumble and the battery cover broke. Just wondering if there is a way to get a replacement for it, in the...
  7. The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The graphics and colors look different on just NBA 2k so I was wondering if there was a way...: When i switch to NBA 2K from the home or another game the screen turns black for a few seconds and then when it turns back on the colors look not as sharp and bright....
  8. Sonic Colors: Ultimate To Xbox PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Sonic Colors: Ultimate To Xbox PC: Sonic Colors: Ultimate Windows 8fac26b8-21dd-4606-abe3-b97eac0e7a64
  9. How do I fix the color on my Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the color on my Xbox one s: [img] The color on my Xbox one s is messed up 9ae586b0-710a-4adc-8683-0db57a45854d
  10. Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes: I bought a brand new Xbox Series X (Diablo IV edition) about two months ago. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, but then the picture began to become distorted. Three things began to...