College Internet connection problems

Discus and support College Internet connection problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i am living in a college dorm with shared wireless internet, it requires a password and ID to connect to. i know both but my xbox one only asks for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by snipershot333, Jan 4, 2014.

1. College Internet connection problems

i am living in a college dorm with shared wireless internet, it requires a password and ID to connect to. i know both but my xbox one only asks for the password then will not connect. it will also not connect to the one that doesnt need a password. what
    should i do?

:)

snipershot333, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Bamford38
    Bamford38 Guest
    Rockband store down for anyone else?

Yeah i had a problem with it too. Said it cannot connect to the servers. I thought it was just a problem with my internet connection.

Bamford38, Jan 4, 2014
  3. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    behind port preserving symmetric NAT

So let's get back to the basics. What kind of Internet connection do you have? Own modem and router? College or appartement network?

BobMcFly247, Jan 4, 2014
  4. andreevkms Win User

Trouble Connecting to Xbox Live

perhaps you have a problem with the distribution of the Internet in College
  5. Get Cheesed Kid Win User

Connection Problem at College

I just checked the multiplayer connection and it said that it can't find the Teredo IP address. I don't really know if there's anything I can do about that, so I feel like I'm *** out of Xbox Live at college unless someone knows anything I could do about
    that.
  6. bitcloud30506 Win User

recent connection issues

Depends on what kind of things you're talking about. If it's something like connecting to a friend's game or party, try using a third party to connect. Sometimes your or his ISP and/or router settings cause a problem with two people connecting, and unless
    internet setting are changed at the residential end, there's nothing you can do.

I have a friend that I like to play with, and when I'm at home it's fine, but if I'm at college we can't connect, and it's something to do with the security measures my college's internet has on it, but unless he changes his router settings (or we connect
    through a third party) we can't ever play.
  7. Four-Channel Win User

Can't connect to Internet. Tried EVERYTHING!

Sounds like your college internet is blocking Connection to Xbox Live. I recommend going and talking to tech support at your college about it. Sadly it is the Holidays so you may have to wait until Monday to discuss this with them.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Call of Duty Ghost

Are you connecting through home or a school (ie. college/university)? If it's a school, try contacting the internet's admin to see what they suggest.
Thema:

College Internet connection problems

1. College Internet connection problems - Similar Threads - College Internet connection

2. Xbox constantly disconnects from the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox constantly disconnects from the internet.: Xbox Series X constantly disconnects from the internet from every 2min to every 2hrs (not usually longer than that). I've tried restarting both the modem and console, cleared MAC address on the...
  3. XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game: Hello. Recently I bought a new XBOX Series X. I downloaded some online and offline games. From the first day, internet connection disconnects randomly, while playing a game. I don't see the same...
  4. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  5. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....
  6. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  7. Will ea sports college football 25 will be on Xbox one s

in XBoX on Windows
    Will ea sports college football 25 will be on Xbox one s: will new ea sports college football 2025 will be on Xbox one s 0dcd2ec4-ea7e-42ed-bf57-7764f11082b8
  8. How do i get college football teams in madden 24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get college football teams in madden 24: Is there way to college teams in madden 24 64af7c82-7f4f-49a1-81ff-f04444d58042
  9. How do I connect my Xbox to my college dorm router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox to my college dorm router: Hello, I live in a dorm and can’t seem to connect my Xbox to this router thing that is in my room via ethernet . The brand of the router is CISCO and it has four different things I can plug my...
  10. College Sponsorship

in XBoX on Windows
    College Sponsorship: The Ranked-up Esports club at Austin Peay State University was wondering how we would go about applying for a sponsorship from Microsoft for our club and future esports teams. A sponsorship from...