College Internet connection problems

Discus and support College Internet connection problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i am living in a college dorm with shared wireless internet, it requires a password and ID to connect to. i know both but my xbox one only asks for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by snipershot333, Jan 4, 2014.

1. College Internet connection problems

i am living in a college dorm with shared wireless internet, it requires a password and ID to connect to. i know both but my xbox one only asks for the password then will not connect. it will also not connect to the one that doesnt need a password. what
    should i do?

:)

snipershot333, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Bamford38
    Bamford38 Guest
    Rockband store down for anyone else?

Yeah i had a problem with it too. Said it cannot connect to the servers. I thought it was just a problem with my internet connection.

Bamford38, Jan 4, 2014
  3. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    behind port preserving symmetric NAT

So let's get back to the basics. What kind of Internet connection do you have? Own modem and router? College or appartement network?

BobMcFly247, Jan 4, 2014
  4. andreevkms Win User

Trouble Connecting to Xbox Live

perhaps you have a problem with the distribution of the Internet in College
  5. Get Cheesed Kid Win User

Connection Problem at College

I just checked the multiplayer connection and it said that it can't find the Teredo IP address. I don't really know if there's anything I can do about that, so I feel like I'm *** out of Xbox Live at college unless someone knows anything I could do about
    that.
  6. bitcloud30506 Win User

recent connection issues

Depends on what kind of things you're talking about. If it's something like connecting to a friend's game or party, try using a third party to connect. Sometimes your or his ISP and/or router settings cause a problem with two people connecting, and unless
    internet setting are changed at the residential end, there's nothing you can do.

I have a friend that I like to play with, and when I'm at home it's fine, but if I'm at college we can't connect, and it's something to do with the security measures my college's internet has on it, but unless he changes his router settings (or we connect
    through a third party) we can't ever play.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Call of Duty Ghost

Are you connecting through home or a school (ie. college/university)? If it's a school, try contacting the internet's admin to see what they suggest.
  8. Four-Channel Win User

Can't connect to Internet. Tried EVERYTHING!

Sounds like your college internet is blocking Connection to Xbox Live. I recommend going and talking to tech support at your college about it. Sadly it is the Holidays so you may have to wait until Monday to discuss this with them.
Thema:

College Internet connection problems

1. College Internet connection problems - Similar Threads - College Internet connection

2. I need my Xbox account reinstated. I am a college student with children who has spent...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need my Xbox account reinstated. I am a college student with children who has spent...: So I have some enforcement history of calling people names, did it again a few days ago and had my account permanently suspended. Tried to appeal it and it was upheld I really don't know what to...
  3. Strict NAT from college wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT from college wifi: I brought my xbox to my college and had to change things in settings in order to connect to the wifi. After i came home i tried to play, but several games wont work along with party chat due to it...
  4. : Can't connect to college Wi-Fi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't connect to college Wi-Fi.: : Can't connect to college Wi-Fi. So I've been living here for about 3 weeks now and have tried about everything to connect to the campus wpa2 Wi-Fi but it just tells me to go to the network...
  5. Cannot load web page to authenticate on college wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot load web page to authenticate on college wifi: Hey guys. So I have recently moved into college, and unfortunately my xbox one is my only device that cannot get on to the internet. The wifi here requires authentication with student id and...
  6. Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi

in XBoX on Windows
    Trouble connecting to xbox from laptop on college wifi: My college forces me to register our gaming devices. Once we do that, we are able to connect to a wired network (DeviceODU). However, they do not allow laptops to connect to DeviceODU. I was...
  7. Issue connecting Xbox one to Windows 10 app over college apartment internet

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue connecting Xbox one to Windows 10 app over college apartment internet: I recently have been trying to connect my Xbox one to my Windows 10 laptop, as I would like to keep the console in the living area, while also being able to stream it to my laptop for personal...
  8. Mediacom: Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Mediacom: Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice: Mediacom (ISPs): Can't connect xbox to college campus/// any advice Hello! Most likely they use wireless that connects without a password, but requires that you log into a website on the device...
  9. College football games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    College football games: U need to bring back college football games. d255624c-ca83-465a-bd58-9a8096ed5616
  10. For those of you on College Internet with an Xbox One..

in XBoX on Consoles
    For those of you on College Internet with an Xbox One..: I've found the fix. If you have been having Strict NAT issues or been unable to obtain IPs, then try these steps. For this to work you need a Windows 7 or higher Laptop or Desktop with two forms...