Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for...

Discus and support Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would LOVE to see anyone from Microsoft try to explain your logic. I REALLY don't think you'll be able to... I have been unjustifiably banned on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JJ0000o, Nov 25, 2019.

1. JJ0000o
    JJ0000o Guest

Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for...

I would LOVE to see anyone from Microsoft try to explain your logic. I REALLY don't think you'll be able to...

• I have been unjustifiably banned on xbox live numerous times, yet for the EXACT same rhetoric/language, I've had ZERO bans on PS4 (Any wonder why PS4 sales dwarf Xbox One's? Answer: They treat their community better). Broken system.

• Read it yourself, Xbox's Code of Conduct is completely subjective and ambiguous. How is a community supposed to know what the "naughty words" are or what is off limits if the xbox's Code of Conduct doesn't even define it well enough and contradicts itself?
      As-is, it's basically a subjective [mod removed]-shoot. There is zero consistency. It's basically so ambiguous that it can be considered censorship. Basically if you say ANYTHING that can be construed as "negative" or "offensive" (aka justified descriptive
      criticism), you can get banned for. Doesn't matter if you don't say a cuss word. The only requirement is someone "felt offended". Broken system.

• It's mob mentality. If you get a party or a squad of players who simply don't like how you're playing, they can all report at the same time and xbox's algorithm interprets that as ban-worthy. This personally happened to me. I said nothing wrong but the
      mob mentality won. Broken system.
    • The mysterious, mystical, and ridiculous so-called "Enforcement Team". This "department" has zero transparency, accountability, or any way to directly contact them. (Please tell me in 2019 how that is good customer service). They've never overturned a
      ban. It's all a sham. It's not "innocent until proven guilty", where the onus is on Microsoft to justify the ban, it's on us to fight their corruption. What kind of system is that? This is a scam. Xbox subscription isn't free. They're taking multi millions
      of our money, but yet remove key features at a whim and 100% their own discretion, when most of the time people don't even deserve to be banned. The Enforcement Team is a stain on your company. A scam and a broken system.

• Beyond gaming, this system is BRAINWASHING AN ENTIRE GENERATION to believe in censorship, to behave like sunshine robots, and produces over-sensitive thin-skinned snowflakes. Instead of putting SOME accountability/responsibility on the over-sensitive individuals
      or parents (to change their settings to block all potentially "negative-speaking" randoms), Microsoft promotes an "offended over everything" fascist culture, where speech is stifled - else you're banned. Not a surprise that Liberal Seattle is home base. And
      since XBL has been around for a while now --it's also not surprising that society has become more politically correct, "offended over everything", produced more snowflakes (oops is that a "cuss word" now?), and college kids now need their "safe spaces". This
      isn't only just bad business, it's harmful to society. Millennials are the most over-sensitive generation in the history of mankind, and that is large part to the effect of over-bearing censorship-leaning companies like Microsoft, the internet, and media.

PLEASE explain to me how your system isn't broken. I'd love to hear your "logic". Btw Microsoft, you don't have the luxury of arguing from a position of strength with this. You're LOSING to Sony by A LOT. Aka, you should be way more receptive to customer
    feedback and how to improve. I guarantee there are millions of gamers like me who have unfairly been banned and feel the exact way, and have bought a PS4.

Bottom line, good luck arguing that your Code of Conduct is competent, good luck arguing that lack of transparency/accountability is competent customer service, and good luck arguing that your clearly BROKEN system you currently have is going to win you
    customers, good luck arguing that a system that doesn't factor in customer feedback (this broken system has gone on for years now so you clearly haven't) is competent. At the end of the day, it's just bad business.

:)

JJ0000o, Nov 25, 2019
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for a while

I am not an employee of Microsoft/Xbox, just a gamer that volunteers his time to help the community.

Your questions has been asnwered in a similar way by Njal as i would have.
  3. JJ0000o Win User

Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for a while

A few questions:

1) Can you explain how a completely non-transparent and non-accountable Enforcement Team is competent customer service?

2) Can you explain why PS4 hasn't banned me once in years for the exact same speech?

3) Can you define the difference between descriptive criticism and an "insult"?
  4. JJ0000o Win User

Typical canned response from Microsoft, I'd expect nothing less...

Do you not find it as bad business that the Enforcement Team has no way of contacting them other than some one time sham "case review"? They have no direct way to contact them on the link you sent other than that. No phone number, nothing. So it's not surprising
    seeing you say no one here has any connection with the Enforcement Team. Of course you don't, no one does. Just adds to the "mystery" of that department. What is this, the wizard of oz dude behind the curtain?

You can say the Code of Conduct is standard all you want, yet I and many others have first hand experience of PS4's better Code of Conduct. Whatever supposed "naughty" language I've used on xbox, I've used on PS4. I've NOT ONCE been warned or banned on there.
    Ever. For Years. So this is not the same, or the interpretation by each company is different. Who knows, maybe Sony's home base of Tokyo is just less over-sensitive?

You can't defend Xbox's code of conduct as being defined or implemented very well. Not all criticism or reaction = "insult". It can be descriptive of their play. You wouldn't even be able to site SPECIFIC examples of what speech is tolerable and what isn't.
    That's the problem and that's why it's a broken system.

I have real doubts that it's not mob mentality. I was banned in a matter of seconds for literally nothing because all 3 of them decided to report me because they didn't like my gameplay style. All you need is a party to collude.
  5. choppyseize Win User

Each report is looked at individually. 3 people reporting you wouldn't result in a ban. I know people that have had 50 reports at once and were fine since they didn't do anything wrong. if you're replying or messaging people back it means you're both eligible
    for a ban. That's always how it's been.

Also, You say PS4 sales dwarf Xbox's but in fact it's the other way around. More so now with subscription services like Gamepass. PS4 console sales were slightly higher but Microsoft is making more money as a whole off of subscription services and console
    sales combined. It can be pretty confusing trying to understand this. Since some people think having more console sales equals more money. However that's not at all how it works. Especially today.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what my fellow ambassadors have said you ask

"Do you not find it as bad business that the Enforcement Team has no way of contacting them other than some one time sham "case review"?

If they had a direct way of contacting like a phone line people would be sitting on hold for hours waiting to get in contact with someone.

There is no gaming service that you can contact a team like MSs enforcement team directly.
Thema:

1. Code of Conduct / Enforcement Team on Xbox Live is a broken system and it's been broken for... - Similar Threads - Code Conduct Enforcement

2. Reporting a player that broke the Code Of Conduct

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reporting a player that broke the Code Of Conduct: Hi! Name Colin I’m a fellow gamer that is trying to make Xbox a safe place and best experience online. I’m here today to report a player (Or at least trying to put this out their) the player that...
  3. Question concerning the code of conduct.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question concerning the code of conduct.: I got suspended for 4 days (2 per message) for profanity. I couldn't find anything outlawing the use of these words entirely, just that they were not used to harass a player and I certainly...
  4. Report on me for a profile picture that didn't Breach Code of Conduct

in XBoX Accessibility
    Report on me for a profile picture that didn't Breach Code of Conduct: I was banned last night for my Profile picture I can't get any responses from enforcement I went through a appeal process. The same person targeted me every month for three months in a row....
  5. Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...: Hi everyone, I've been on Xbox for well over a decade, and I always try to help people wherever and whenever I can. My brother and I were accused of "soft-locking", and although I'm not sure what...
  6. Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Communication ban when nothing posted is against the code of conduct: This is the second week in a row that I received a communications ban on Xbox. The first ban said that I posted to the Sea of Thieves Looking for Group the following- "Adults only! Helping new...
  7. I was comms banned because of my profile picture that DOESN'T break the code of conduct no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was comms banned because of my profile picture that DOESN'T break the code of conduct no...: Please help? [img] [img] 1dbb1430-31e9-4b0d-842b-b4c36640749f
  8. Xbox code of conduct

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox code of conduct: So has the Xbox live code of conduct changed recently? How can a player message me a profanity laden message, I did report it as profanity, and I get a two day suspension for sending [mod removed]...
  9. Question about Xbox Code of Conduct and how it applies to private Party chats.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question about Xbox Code of Conduct and how it applies to private Party chats.: I just reviewed the Code of Conduct (CoC) to make sure I am not actively violating any of the rules. I try to be a nice player and usually behave well; I've been on XBL since 2004 and have ever...
  10. Braking code of conduct

in XBoX Accessibility
    Braking code of conduct: I reported a guy just recently for harassment but nothing was done for it so I was wondering if making fun of my family for being deceased was a violation of conduct...