Cod Cold War stuck on initial loading screen xbox one

Discus and support Cod Cold War stuck on initial loading screen xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having an issue with cold war digital copy on xbox one, I'm unable to get past the very first loading screen when opening the game. Screen doesn't go... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thangkang, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Thangkang
    Thangkang Guest

Having an issue with cold war digital copy on xbox one, I'm unable to get past the very first loading screen when opening the game.

Screen doesn't go black or anything like that, it just never loads past the first screen (guy with revolver and sunglasses on)

All other games including warzone function properly with no issues. (Doesn't register game is purchased on warzone)

One thing I've noticed, right after game is installed, it tells me there's a ~33gb update. When I select "update now" a ~26mb update will happen and nothing after that. This only happens very first time I open game after install, then doesn't show up again after restart. I'm wondering if I'm possibly missing a crucial update that won't allow the game to start?

I've tried everything I could find online:

-factory resetting console/resetting modem

-reinstalled game 4 times

-resetting mac address

-shutting xbox down for 30 seconds and opening side menu/power menu right after game starts (pressing xbox button on controller)

-confirmed correct version is installed

- confirmed all content packs are installed

- attempted to contact activision via chat several times but keep getting "we're busy try again later" message

I'm honestly lost on where to go from here other than trying to get a refund on the game. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Thangkang, Mar 27, 2021
  2. nastykiller92
    nastykiller92 New Member
    Uninstall then reinstall the game, go offline (it is an option in the setting for xbox one), launch the game while your xbox is offline, you should get pass the launch screen (had the same issue and figured it out on my own this morning), then reconnect after getting pass of the setting set up, and do the interface update.

I assume the glitch is from Activision/Treyarch messing up and having a not set up game do the interface update too early, corrupting code that is used for launching the game. I had to do a fresh reinstall as my game corrupted as a dog pulled my cord out of my xbox. If it doesn't try clearing your save data for it or doing a power cycle for your xbox (unplugged for 10 minutes.)

nastykiller92, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Pasquale C. Win User

COD Modern Warfare series x

Hi!

Maybe you have the Xbox One version of COD Cold War and you see that message because the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to Xbox Series X. You can find more informations about COD Cold War editions here:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Editions FAQ

Regards
  4. o Wainwright x Win User

Xbox one stuck on initial green loading screen?

turn your xbox off using the button on the main console ones that is done hold down on the power button till u hear a beep then wait 30 seconds and turn the console on that should work.
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Xbox one stuck on initial green loading screen?

Hey Hickson1645 -

If your Xbox One console isn't booting up beyond the green screen, I suggest you take a look at the

Xbox One system update troubleshooting
    guide. Hopefully the guide helps you out and you're able to get your console back online soon. If that troubleshooting guide doesn't work, unfortunately your Xbox One may be in need of repairs. You can initiate that
    process at the Online Service Center.

Let us know how it goes!
  6. zombie stev3 Win User

beta controller

carnt find my cod disc trying to get ghost recon to load been stuck on the load screen couple of times now
  7. LoyolaAlex Win User

Cold war not getting past this initial screen

Tried everything listed and still hasn’t fixed it and after a few attempts at trying to launch the game my Xbox starts acting up and won’t let me launch anything. Also getting errors like “for some reason Home took too long to start” after many failed attempts at launching the game. I previously had the Cold War free access, and just bought the whole game. I don’t know if my system somehow thinks I’m still trying to launch the free access version?
Thema:

1. Cod Cold War stuck on initial loading screen xbox one - Similar Threads - Cod Cold War

2. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  3. How do I get COD Cold War to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get COD Cold War to work?: I paid and downloaded call of duty Cold War. When I open the game and it asked me to login. It says that the game was never purchased. I have tried to delete the game and redownloaded it but still...
  4. “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to...: “I purchased COD Black ops cold war with campaign mode, but in console it shows I need to purchase it and while I get redirected to Microsoft Store it shows that I have purchased it.,”...
  5. Cod Black ops Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod Black ops Cold War: My son is asked to perchase the game after he has already downloaded the game. Any help please? 044b3bea-7a1a-4748-848a-505e44e095ab
  6. Error 0x87e00031 when downloading COD Cold War on Xbox 1 s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87e00031 when downloading COD Cold War on Xbox 1 s: Recently, my xbox stopped launching the game, so i did a few things to try and fix it and eventually uninstalled to try and reinstall it. However, now when i try to reinstall it, the xbox throws...
  7. Issues with cod cold war. Please advise. Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with cod cold war. Please advise. Xbox series X: Hi there. I have an xbox series x. When cod cold war first came out, went and bought the disc version,played it for probably a year and a half to two years. I can no longer play it as when I boot...
  8. COD Black ops Cold War problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Black ops Cold War problem: I recently reinstalled the game. Now when I go to play it I get to the screen that says "press A to start" and it takes me to the game pass page and won't let me go any further. I don't want to...
  9. COD Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Cold War: I already own COD Cold War but it will not let me install the content packs so it says I don’t own the game 794fd540-2822-4198-b113-8e4ff3720dd3
  10. My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund: My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund cbe53584-3433-49d8-bc17-4179b523b0a1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cold war stuck on activision screen

2. call of duty black ops cole war stuck at login