Co-Existing XBox One and XBox 360

Discus and support Co-Existing XBox One and XBox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have both a XBox 360 and XBox One on the same LAN I have been having issues playing Killer Instinct Online (searching rarely works and when it does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ober37, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ober37
    ober37 Guest

I have both a XBox 360 and XBox One on the same LAN

I have been having issues playing Killer Instinct Online (searching rarely works and when it does it takes > 10 minutes). Battlefield and Ghosts seem to work fine. When I did some research it was suggested that I put my XBox one in a DMZ or configure
    my firewall to open specific ports.

When I try to open those ports, my router will not allow because some of those ports must also be open for the XBox 360 (you cannot setup incoming forwarding for 2 LAN devices, it can only forward to 1 destination). I was able to put the XBox One on a
    DMZ and doing so made the KI search times much less (like < 1 minute). However, when I did that (and I kept the port forwarding settings in place for my 360), my 360 is now no longer able to connect into XBox Live. (Disabling DMZ for the Xbox one, immediately
    solved my Xbox Live connection issues on the 360).

Any thoughts on how I should configure my router so that both the 360 and Xbox One can live in harmony?

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA / IL / Chicago-land

Modem brand & model number: UVerse 2Wire i38HG

Router brand & model number: UVerse 2Wire i38HG

Wired or wireless: Wireless (both 360 and One)

Things you have tried: See above

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown, cannot find this setting

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No NAT errors. When I am having issues with the XBox One, all networking related tests (including multiplayer tests) function properly. When I am having issues with the XBox 360 (meaning the
    One is on a DMZ), the XBox Live self-test fails

Any Error Codes you encounter: N/A

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider): AT&T UVerse

thanks in advance!

:)

ober37, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Lofty Who, Jan 2, 2014
  3. obas
    obas Guest
    Live Gold Account Issues/Questions

Do you know if making a profile Home on the Xbox One would have any impact to that profile using an existing xbox 360? I don't want to set it and break something for her on the 360 but that profile has an existing xbox live gold subscription.

obas, Jan 2, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings ober!

The UVerse 2Wire I38HG doesn't support multiple xboxes. Officially confirmed
    here!

The fundamental feature is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) for multiple console support. Not only does an end-user NAT device (router) have to support UPnP, but the most significant part is how well this device implement UPnP and its behavior.

You have two options, as I see it.

One: You could use your existing 2Wire i38HG, purchase a wireless router that are well known for supporting multiple consoles. Place this router in the DMZ of your 2Wire (Since there is not a proper way to setup this device to be operating
    in bridge mode, other than DMZ of this router).

Two: Ask your ISP, politely, if the are able to deploy you a standard modem instead of combined modem with router built-in. You can then select from a range of well known routers that do support multiple consoles with UPnP implementation.

Visit the
    Network Hardware Information forums
    , where you will find a list of different make and models of routers. The information of each make and model will detailing out 'Known Issues' and 'Multiple Console Support'

Keep us posted and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Jan 2, 2014
  5. I just figured it out on my crappy 2wire. In the firewall settings you have to add your IP address as a computer and then add a user-defined application with the correct ports for Xbox Live forwarded. Just set all Xboxes to max protection after that and
    you'll have the ports forwarded at the modem so you'll have an open NAT on both and can have multiple Xboxes on at one time with no problems. Such a PITA. Ridiculous. But it works so whatever.

Blastopotamus, Apr 17, 2015
  6. Ugh, frustrated lol. I meant add your router's IP address as a computer.

Blastopotamus, Apr 17, 2015
  7. Hey there Blastopotamus!

We certainly appreciate your suggestions! Keep in mind that due to the age of this thread, ober37 may no longer be experiencing the issue. In the future, feel free to post in the current threads. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Blastopotamus Win User

Ugh, frustrated lol. I meant add your router's IP address as a computer.
  9. Blastopotamus Win User

I just figured it out on my crappy 2wire. In the firewall settings you have to add your IP address as a computer and then add a user-defined application with the correct ports for Xbox Live forwarded. Just set all Xboxes to max protection after that and
    you'll have the ports forwarded at the modem so you'll have an open NAT on both and can have multiple Xboxes on at one time with no problems. Such a PITA. Ridiculous. But it works so whatever.
  10. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Blastopotamus!

We certainly appreciate your suggestions! Keep in mind that due to the age of this thread, ober37 may no longer be experiencing the issue. In the future, feel free to post in the current threads. Thanks in advance!
  11. taidara Win User

Greetings ober!

The UVerse 2Wire I38HG doesn't support multiple xboxes. Officially confirmed
    here!

The fundamental feature is UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) for multiple console support. Not only does an end-user NAT device (router) have to support UPnP, but the most significant part is how well this device implement UPnP and its behavior.

You have two options, as I see it.

One: You could use your existing 2Wire i38HG, purchase a wireless router that are well known for supporting multiple consoles. Place this router in the DMZ of your 2Wire (Since there is not a proper way to setup this device to be operating
    in bridge mode, other than DMZ of this router).

Two: Ask your ISP, politely, if the are able to deploy you a standard modem instead of combined modem with router built-in. You can then select from a range of well known routers that do support multiple consoles with UPnP implementation.

Visit the
    Network Hardware Information forums
    , where you will find a list of different make and models of routers. The information of each make and model will detailing out 'Known Issues' and 'Multiple Console Support'

Keep us posted and let us know how that goes.
  12. HassanB Win User

Xbox One/Xbox 360 Game Help

Hiya,

You'd need to keep your Xbox 360 in order to play any sort of Xbox 360 content (game discs, games on demand, xbox live arcade titles, etc). Your profile can co-exist on both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One so if you wish to earn some achievements or simply go
    play that game you can do so on the Xbox 360 console.

The Xbox One will only play Xbox One game discs, games on demand discs, as well as Xbox LIVE Arcade titles that have been released on the Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Co-Existing XBox One and XBox 360 - Similar Threads - Existing 360

2. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  3. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  4. Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles: I initially had a 360 that moved locations after I got an Xbox One but the 360 isn't wanting to be added to my consoles on the app. I tried adding it through the remote as an existing console but...
  5. since xbox live gold no longer exists and gamepass isn't available for xbox 360, how do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    since xbox live gold no longer exists and gamepass isn't available for xbox 360, how do...: Xbox Live Gold no longer exists. Gamepass isn't available on Xbox 360. How do 360 players play online? 202b92ea-3c3f-4055-a889-771180c2f365
  6. Cant copy my existing save to cloud on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant copy my existing save to cloud on 360: I tried to move my existing xbox 360 save to cloud so i could continue playing it on One, but there is no option to move to cloud storage. The cloud is enabled as some saves from One got synced on...
  7. Does the perfect Minecraft XBOX 360 seed exist?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the perfect Minecraft XBOX 360 seed exist?: Hi all I have been enjoying Minecraft on my recently purchased Xbox 360 for a good few months now. I have all the achievements and am now looking for a world to build a huge fortress/lair and city...
  8. Why sort by price does not exist in the xbox 360 market place menu ???

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why sort by price does not exist in the xbox 360 market place menu ???: Why sort by price does not exist in the xbox 360 market place menu ??? 224d3085-02f4-4477-9bfc-bc93ffe61c70
  9. Not letting me view achievements on Xbox 360, claiming my account does not exist once signed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not letting me view achievements on Xbox 360, claiming my account does not exist once signed in: This problem began about five months ago, although I use the game system infrequently, so this problem may have begun earlier. When I open up the Xbox, I can see my Avatar and gamer points along...
  10. Do xbox 360 guest profiles still exist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do xbox 360 guest profiles still exist: like if i was playing online (1) (2) those profiles because i cant find out how to get my second controller to sign in or it not as simple as in the old days. p.s. im trying to do this for...