Cloud Save Bugginess

Discus and support Cloud Save Bugginess in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today when launching Dragon Age my xbox popped up a "we couldn't get your latest saved data" message. Network settings reported all services were fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gohanman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. gohanman
    gohanman Guest

Cloud Save Bugginess

Today when launching Dragon Age my xbox popped up a "we couldn't get your latest saved data" message. Network settings reported all services were fine. I signed out my profile, signed back in, and relaunched the game. The error message went away. However,
    all my save data from yesterday is gone.

At no point yesterday did the game or the console report any kind of problem saving, any kind of network outage, or any kind of service interruption. Is it possible to disable cloud saving entirely and just use local saves until such time as the services' basic
    functionality works reliably?

:)

gohanman, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest
    Meridia's Beacon Fall Death Bug (yes, ANOTHER bug)

That is a sucky bug.

Just an FYI, expect bugginess from any game by this developer, Bethesda. Great games, but greater patience required.

Photonimus, Jan 1, 2016
  3. APR HYPNOS
    APR HYPNOS Guest
    APR HYPNOS, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Cloud Save Bugginess

Cloud saving doesn't really work like that. It always saves to your console first, then uploads it to the cloud, should it not fully upload, it will still remain on your console intact, and always use the saves on your console. The cloud is just a back-up
    as well as a convenient way to transfer saves to another console.

I would think there was a problem saving the game, either the game was exited before the save could complete, or the console was shut down to quickly. Or it could just be that the save corrupted, which can happen.

To answer your question though, the only way to effectively disable cloud saves is to play offline.

Skeeter Quill, Jan 1, 2016
  5. gohanman
    gohanman Guest
    To clarify, I didn't lose one save. I lost all saves from that day - like 3 or 4 manual saves and at least a dozen autosaves. Since I only shutdown the console once it's rather impossible that shutting down the console mid-save during all of them was the
    cause. I suppose corrupted saves is *possible*, but it seems extraordinarily unlikely for it to happen that many times in a row.

gohanman, Jan 2, 2016
  6. gohanman
    gohanman Guest
    To clarify, I didn't lose one save. I lost all saves from that day - like 3 or 4 manual saves and at least a dozen autosaves. Since I only shutdown the console once it's rather impossible that shutting down the console mid-save during all of them was the
    cause. I suppose corrupted saves is *possible*, but it seems extraordinarily unlikely for it to happen that many times in a row.

gohanman, Jan 2, 2016
  7. That is weird, I grant you. However, like I say, cloud saves don't work like that. Your console is always the primary source for saves and it will always load from your console. The only time cloud saves will be used are if you went to another console or
    reset your console.

Anyway, seems you have hit an anomaly there.

Skeeter Quill, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Skeeter Quill Win User

Cloud Save Bugginess

That is weird, I grant you. However, like I say, cloud saves don't work like that. Your console is always the primary source for saves and it will always load from your console. The only time cloud saves will be used are if you went to another console or
    reset your console.

Anyway, seems you have hit an anomaly there.
  9. gohanman Win User

Cloud Save Bugginess

10. gohanman Win User

Cloud Save Bugginess

11. Skeeter Quill Win User

Cloud Save Bugginess

Cloud saving doesn't really work like that. It always saves to your console first, then uploads it to the cloud, should it not fully upload, it will still remain on your console intact, and always use the saves on your console. The cloud is just a back-up
    as well as a convenient way to transfer saves to another console.

I would think there was a problem saving the game, either the game was exited before the save could complete, or the console was shut down to quickly. Or it could just be that the save corrupted, which can happen.

To answer your question though, the only way to effectively disable cloud saves is to play offline.
  12. Internet Expert Win User

What Happened??

Xbox One games saves automatically go straight to the cloud.

I'm not sure why you're getting that level, but try loading the next save down in the list? Fallout 4 itself can be buggy sometimes.
Thema:

Cloud Save Bugginess

1. Cloud Save Bugginess - Similar Threads - Cloud Save Bugginess

2. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  7. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  8. Fall Out 4 will not load saved games from the cloud, Delta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Fall Out 4 will not load saved games from the cloud, Delta ring: My Xbox series X is in preview Delta. I have continually received the message of no more memory available while trying to start a game in Fallout 4. I can play it on the cloud servers, but cannot...
  9. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  10. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...