Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ?

Discus and support Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey there ! So few months ago I tried the Game Pass (I play on PC and don't own an Xbox) and kept the subscription going considering the great choice... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Erytas, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Erytas
    Erytas New Member

Hey there !

So few months ago I tried the Game Pass (I play on PC and don't own an Xbox) and kept the subscription going considering the great choice and quality of games available.

I upgraded it to Ultimate and tried my luck with the cloud gaming on Androir this morning, but I'm left puzzled.

For some titles, my save file carries over just fine from PC (e.g. Enter the Gungeon, I literally resumed, on mobile, where I left my last run on PC), and for some it doesn't (Dead Cells and Monster Sanctuary for the few I've tried) and I need to start over. Doesn't seem like my achievements carry over either, for those two.

Game page of each of those games says it's available on all 3 platforms (xbox, cloud, pc), so I don't get why some work and some not ? Different version ? Bug ? Can't find my save file ? Is there some workaround available ?

Erytas, Aug 9, 2021
  2. R4VER Win User

Transferring Game Progress

Some games the save data will carry over via cloud saves for games but it won't necessarily work for all games
  3. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY LIMITED LIST

Achievements carry over. But some story mode games saves don't carry over unless you have them stored in the cloud or have external HDD and save then take it to XBOX1. Not sure if flash drives work yet for XBOX1? I know my GTA5 story mode didn't carry
    over only online rank and achievements. Story mode I started over. If I had a cloud save then it would of worked.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Confused!!! Xbox and PC gaming

Hello, dogsolitude_uk. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Xbox Play Anywhere: Yes, saves sync between platforms on Xbox Play Anywhere games. So your progress on the console carry over to the PC and vice-versa.

Cloud Enabled: It means that if you have a Game Pass Subscription, you can play the game on any platform by cloud gaming. The game is streamed through a Xbox Series console, so you would play the console version of the game. But only some games (usually Xbox Play Anywhere) saves will carry over from the Cloud gaming to the PC installed version. Most will only carry over to the console installed version.

Xbox Cloud Saves: Saves will only carry over if the game is a Xbox Play Anywhere game or if the game supports cross save, but most games that are not Xbox Play Anywhere games do not support cross save between platforms.

And the Xbox app will only list games that can be played on the PC. So your console games will not be shown there.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. MrAdyCarter Win User

Xbox Live Progression Carry Over

If your saves are in the cloud, or you can move them over to the cloud via a 360, then your progress SHOULD carry over, provided when those titles are on BC that they work with cloud saves, There have been some titles so far that do not
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

Hi Sterling,

Are you referring to transferring game data or progress from one account to another? If so, then that is not possible unfortunately. Saved data is account specific and can't be shared or linked with other accounts.

If you are just simply trying to add a profile you had on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One, you can do so by just putting in the login information for that account on your Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

Your gamertag will carry over and any digital games you own will also carry over. In order for 360 game saves to carry over, you need to make sure your Xbox Live cloud storage is enabled on the 360 and back up or move the saved data from your storage device
    to the cloud storage. Anything from the Xbox Live cloud storage will sync to the Xbox One over the network connection to Xbox Live once you start the game on the Xbox One.

Here are some support articles to guide you:

1. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
    2. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/cloud-save-troubleshoot
    3. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq
Thema:

1. Cloud Gaming - Save not carrying over in some games but not others ? - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming Save

2. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  3. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?: Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in...
  4. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...
  5. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  6. How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off cloud saving for Starfield on Game Pass?: I only have 5gb of onedrive, and I need to turn off cloud saving. I dont use it anyway and I wont be blackmailed into buying more storage that I dont want. a5104da8-f63a-4b50-82a4-235951397600
  7. Can’t save games on Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t save games on Xbox cloud gaming.: Hey I’m new to the cloud gaming, I’m trying to play gears of war 3. I got it to work on my pc and iPad but it’s not saving my games progress. I’m seeing the checkpoint market but when I reload...
  8. Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield on Xbox Game Pass for PC cloud saves?: I have been having a hell of a time with Starfield for PC through the Game Pass. It seems every time there is an update to the game, when I try to start the game it instantly crashes. After hours...
  9. Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?: Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate? 4d3db03a-7bb7-40fc-af19-2d009c10ab54
  10. Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming: I was playing starfield on my android tablet and at some poijt wanted to change to the TV, so saved and tried to close the game (which froze on the question to close the game) then had to just...