Cloud gaming has screen tearing with high speed wired internet, Zyxel modem issue?

Discus and support Cloud gaming has screen tearing with high speed wired internet, Zyxel modem issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to understand why I have continuous screen tearing when I game in the cloud. I have the following setup: Xbox series X Cabled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stijn.2, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Stijn.2
    Stijn.2 Guest

Cloud gaming has screen tearing with high speed wired internet, Zyxel modem issue?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand why I have continuous screen tearing when I game in the cloud. I have the following setup:

Xbox series X

Cabled internet, when testing on console

Download 89 Mbps

Upload 26 Mbps

Packet loss 0%

MTU 1480

Latency 11ms

Modem Zyxel vmg 8825 t50

I've tried:

Resetting the Modem (we don't own a router)

Different internet Cable

Different games on different times

I suspect the modem is the problem. When we had a different internet company (and modem) + xbox one + 50mbps internet, I've had almost no problems.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

:)

Stijn.2, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Stjin, Really, xcloud only uses your network to work. Not using any of your hardware, such as processor, memory and the like.

So every xcloud error is caused by the network.

Let's test some methods, and in the end I send the necessary configuration.

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

Then see if that helped your game.

If it still didn't help, you'll need to configure your network to remove all connection restrictions from the servers, and leave a clean connection with the Live servers ok?

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help
  3. SilentGamer895 Win User

Buffering

Buffering has to do with your internet speed try a reset of your router or modem, for a wired connection your latency seems high.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service

Question what type of Internet are you using

And what is the speed

If it is a wireless hotspot modem that's your issue

Wireless hotspots aren't meant for high volume high speed gaming

You would need a broadband connection
  5. K@lp$ Win User

slow downloads

Hi there,

Are you using WiFi connection or wired connection to connect to Xbox Live?

Basically your download speed depends on your internet download speed.

It your internet is not a High Speed Internet service, it may take some time to finish your download. If you have a High Speed Internet, try using wired connection.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Is it just me?

its 2014, LAN is a thing of the past.

LAN play and split screen compensated for the lack of high speed internet.

Now that people have high speed connections on their cell phones and any home that wants the internet will more than likely buy high speed and LAN and split screen becomes an extra effort in development.

As another commented, its up to the developers who are making games for profit and for their passions. It makes better business sense to create a game format that is co-op or multiplayer where others have to buy an actual copy of the game and a console.

LAN was used again due to the lack of high speed internet. A router with multiple high speed connections allow a few people to play together + with friends elsewhere.

Its just where the market has gone due to better capabilities.
Thema:

1. Cloud gaming has screen tearing with high speed wired internet, Zyxel modem issue? - Similar Threads - Cloud gaming has

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS - Xbox One - Cloud gaming - My Logbook has not been updating flights since 12/25/23?: Just noticed today that all flights after 12/25/23 are not showing on "My Logbook"........? a0bd7476-968c-4983-8f2b-836c80ca4934
  4. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?: Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in...
  5. Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.: What is happening with cloud gaming? It has stopped working on my xbox x console. c932c2ac-dea9-4db3-94ea-d2853ff7740b
  6. Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...: Online gaming has been listed as beta for a significant amount of time. It is understandable if something is in beta that there will be issues and long queues. With it being listed as a feature...
  7. Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now: Please help over 4 hours in a que to play anything how long is your que 74d71caf-036b-4d20-9b47-69c5b4bf1b59
  8. Cloud gaming has been unusable since I got a new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has been unusable since I got a new laptop: In the past, I've been using xCloud/cloud gaming pretty successfully in combination with another cloud service, Shadow. At the start of this year, though, I got a proper gaming laptop, which has...
  9. Why has my cloud gaming no been working these last few days ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my cloud gaming no been working these last few days ???: I pay for a service and I would like to know why it barely worked when I had my old wifi and now that I upgraded to actually play cloud gaming smoothly, it's tell me "too many people are playing"...
  10. Has any one had success played Starfield using an XBox1 and Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has any one had success played Starfield using an XBox1 and Cloud Gaming?: I have a very good Internet connection but the only way for an XBox1er to play Starfield is through Cloud Gaming. Current connection is better than 35Mbps upload and 110Mbps download; plenty of...