Cloud gaming compression.

Discus and support Cloud gaming compression. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam. The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022.

  1. bhamnerky
    bhamnerky Guest

    Cloud gaming compression.


    I’ve been running cloud gaming in my Xbox one S. Love the concept. I’ve been playing mediam.

    The compression and macroblocking is off the charts bad. I run fiber and Ethernet and get 600-800 mps. My streaming services provide 4K that looks almost disk quality.

    I know the outgoing stream costs must cost MS a large sum to provide game streams. And can accept that it will be tough to beat locally installed games. But man, there’s gotta be a way to improve. Even if it means paying more.

    I’ve considered stop playing the game, because it is so good and I hate that it looks so bad. I’d buy it, but I’d have upgrade to s or X. Which might be the strategy play. I just hate to see a great concept suffer.

    Anyone else feel this way?

    :)
     
    bhamnerky, Jan 14, 2022
    #1
  2. bhamnerky Win User

    Cloud gaming compression.

    True. Latency is important. That said, I’d like some controls that lets me find the balance. I’d have less or more tolerance for latency depending on the game. A game like Median and other story based games, I could handle a bit. As compared to halo infinite. And it is story based games I’m mostly into. And story based games, the immersive images are important. 4K HDR takes a story based game to the next level.

    But it begs the question who the target market is for cloud gaming. Is it just people who don’t care what their game looks like?

    I’m more thinking it is just a way to let you quickly play games and see if you like it. And for that it is a really good idea. I’ve tried way more games than I did when I had to download.

    and at the end of the day, they still what me to buy new hardware….so I’m thinking try before you buy is the only real use case. Unless something changes that lets you get less compression and a reasonable latency.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

    Cloud gaming compression.

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    I do, but Cloud gaming is still in its infancy and more work will be done to make things better in the long run.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Cloud gaming compression.

    not just about pure connection speed, it is latency that they have to account for, pumping more bitrate will introduce latency, you don't see this much with standard video content that you watch as it can buffer that, but with games latency is felt with the controls, press jump and if you have to much latency you will not see your character jump anywhere from .3 to 1.5 seconds which is the worse.

    upload and download latency being very low is crucial for cloud gaming and with the current internet infrastructure around the world is difficult to work with.

    unless you live next to a data center then you have to live with it.
  5. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

    Anyone know if cloud computing takes extra bandwidth?

    Very Small processes take very small amounts and so forth.

    -

    If you were to go onto OnLive and stream a game it could easily take up to 3mb+/hr. Biggest issues with cloud gaming/processing is Ping/Latency/Compression etc.

    -

    Expect only very minimal processes to be run in the cloud so people with limited monthly data shouldn't have an issue in most cases.
  6. smileskybird Win User

    No External Storage at Launch

    Why compress a 20GB game when it can easily fit onto a Blu-ray disc? We don't want games which need to be compressed real agro like compressing a game onto an Xbox 360 DVD disc.
Thema:

Cloud gaming compression.

Loading...
  1. Cloud gaming compression. - Similar Threads - Cloud gaming compression

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  5. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  6. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  7. Cloud Gaming - Hours restiction feedback

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud Gaming - Hours restiction feedback: I have been a loyal Xbox supporter and subscriber since the 360 era, owning every console you have made since then, as well as a ROG Ally X. However, recent changes to Game Pass have genuinely...
  8. Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?: Hopefully this is an okay place to give feedback that will be seen. This feels like a breach of trust from someone who has had game pass for a long time and has spent a lot of time playing games...
  9. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  10. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...