Closure of account question.

Discus and support Closure of account question. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When an account reaches the closure time, is all information deleted? Such as, messages, previous activity, email, etc? I want to know to see what I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hakai_458, Dec 12, 2020.

1. hakai_458
    hakai_458 Guest

When an account reaches the closure time, is all information deleted? Such as, messages, previous activity, email, etc? I want to know to see what I may need to do before deleting an account, or closing rather. Would I need to delete some things manually
    or would it all be automatically gone?

It would be especially helpful to know since I wish to not delete an account and then not having the option to delete those things when it is irreversible.

:)

hakai_458, Dec 12, 2020
  2. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

As stated above, a profile can not be deleted, and there is really no legitimate reason to delete/close an account. You do have the option to close an account by following the steps below though.

Go to http://account.live.com/ and sign in to the account you wish to close.

Click on "Security and Privacy"

Click on "More Security Settings" under
    Account Security

NOTE: You may need to verify you are the account holder when you click on "More Security Settings" do to the security features on accounts.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Close my account"

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN CLOSING AN ACCOUNT

Ensure that you cancel your subscription if you have one active.

Ensure that all currency on the account has been spent.

All gamerscore/achievements, and anything left on the account is forfeit.

You have 60 days to change your mind once an account is marked for closure.

This does NOT delete your Xbox Profile. It will just make it so it can not be logged into.

If you change your mind after the 60 day perimeter time limit is up, to re-open the account, you will have to contact Xbox Support and your issue will have to be escalated to Tier 3 support, and there is NO promises
    that Tier 3 will even be able to recover the account.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
  3. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

Absolutely! We love to make things as effortless as possible and give you plenty of options to go with!

Here is a link to an article that will walk you step by step on how to move a Gamertag to another Microsoft Account.

Move Your Gamertag To Another Microsoft Account

If you receive any error messages following that article, be sure to go back and make sure those conditions apply to the Target and current account listed in the article. There are also SEVERAL articles listed at the bottom of that page if you run in to any
    issues, or you can post back here if you run into problems.

Cheers!
  4. SMHH42 Win User

Account Closure

Alright, so, my main issue is that I'd like to move THIS gamertag to another Microsoft account, (the one I use for my laptop, tablet, etc.) which has a different gamertag associated with it; so, i figured my easiest solution would be to delete that gamertag.
    Guess that one wont work! Do I have any other options? Haha

Thanks!
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Account Closure

SMHH42,

Gamertags cannot be deleted. The gamertag can be changed to something else so that another gamertag is tied to the account, which would then free up the previous gamertag to move to a different Microsoft account. Can you provide the support link which states
    otherwise for clarification? Thanks in advance,
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Microsoft account closure

Hey rey

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
Thema:

1. Closure of account question. - Similar Threads - Closure account question

2. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  3. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  4. My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?: So i was having a tit for tat with a guy over fifa saying he wouldnt beat me in a normal game mode but told him he only beat me in a game of ‘mystery ball’ in eafc 24, unfortunately that message...
  5. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  6. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  7. Partial account closure

in XBoX Accessibility
    Partial account closure: Hello, How do I close a personal account without it affecting my work account both have the same email adress. The personal one was created when I had an xbox and I no longer need it....
  8. Xbox 360 MarketPlace Closure

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 MarketPlace Closure: I am just wondering when the Xbox 360 Marketplace closes on July 29th 2024 what will happen to all the games. Would they be archived on a server. I do understand publishers and developers still...
  9. Account Marked for Closure not closing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Marked for Closure not closing: Hey! I have an old account that I have not used in a long time, someone is keeps trying to hack my account from overseas (probably using a VPN or whatever, who knows) but I keep getting sign in...
  10. Suggestion for a new dashboard or app for the 360 before store closure

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion for a new dashboard or app for the 360 before store closure: My suggestion would be making a final dashboard revision for the 360 before the store closure that would allow users with gamepass ultimate to use their dusty 360 as a streaming box for gamepass...