Clips and Pictures being deleted

Discus and support Clips and Pictures being deleted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I know this is a long already talked about topic, but I just wanted to ask because I never really seen it taking place till recently, so I had like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CandyGamer, Sep 22, 2022.

1. CandyGamer
    CandyGamer Guest

So I know this is a long already talked about topic, but I just wanted to ask because I never really seen it taking place till recently, so I had like 200+ clips and pictures, sitting on my xbox in the "On this Xbox console" section not uploaded or anything, i haven done anything to them in a while since i was busy with other things as well as playing games, so I was just curious since pictures and clips get deleted if not done anything with after so long if on the xbox network, would that be the same concept with them not being on the xbox network?

:)

CandyGamer, Sep 22, 2022
  2. CandyGamer Win User

Thank you, that's what I thought with a recently article I saw, lost about 200 to 300+ pictures and clips, but that is at my own fault and cost, one that I shall not make again as this shall haunt and taunt me.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understand the frustration, and I'm sorry about the Candy situation.

I greatly appreciate your understanding and education
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Clips take up a lot more of your internal drive space than screenshots.

There is only a finite space on the console internal drive to store captures.

To my understanding, if you make a lot of game clips and screenshots that space is quickly depleted and any subsequent captures will overwrite the oldest file on the drive if its full.

The capture space is a reserved area in the system area and not the entire drive space.

If you upload your captures to the Xbox Network and/or OneDrive you can safely delete the captures on the internal drive using Manage captures on xbox console.

The alternative is to connect a external drive, formatted to NTFS, and change your capture location to the external drive. Be aware that this option doesn't allow sharing on the Xbox Network.
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understand the frustration, and I'm sorry about the situation, Candy.*

Sorry
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

CandyGamer, clips that are not uploaded to the network have a deadline. If nothing is done, it will be automatically deleted after a certain period which is not officially informed by microsoft.

You can check the information at this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

So, if you want to keep it safe, the advice will be to backup it.
Thema:

1. Clips and Pictures being deleted - Similar Threads - Clips Pictures being

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  4. Game Clips "A Error Occurred"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips "A Error Occurred": Whenever I record a game clip and try to watch it in my recent I am prompted with an "An Error Occurred" text when doing so. I can see these clips in the Captures app but not in the Captures...
  5. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49
  6. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  7. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  8. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  9. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  10. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...