"CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license."

Discus and support "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license." in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, My Minecraft Launcher recently stopped working (no error message, it just won't do anything.) Attempting to Uninstall / Reinstall I receive the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SB_033, Oct 3, 2022.

1. SB_033
    SB_033 Guest

"CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license."

Hi,

My Minecraft Launcher recently stopped working (no error message, it just won't do anything.) Attempting to Uninstall / Reinstall I receive the following message:

I have attempted various solutions found in other posts (WSReset.exe, Update Windows, sfc /scannow, etc.) and have not succeeded. Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

SB

:)

SB_033, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Hoskayra Win User

clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license

Hello Trfndoekoop, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c9b669a2-ac8b-46fb-bb99-eeeca6efbc3d)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c9b669a2-ac8b-46fb-bb99-eeeca6efbc3d) Gerardo C. independent advisor , shows that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"Please try to solve the problem you are experiencing by resetting the Windows Microsoft Store cache. To do this, you must press the Windows + R keys, and enter the command "WSReset.exe" without the quotes and wait for it to finish "After the process, you will know that it is finished when the Microsoft Store opens automatically and the command prompt closes. Please note that this process may take a few minutes. Once finished, you will need to restart your PC and check if the problem is solved."

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c9b669a2-ac8b-46fb-bb99-eeeca6efbc3d

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  4. CarTzy Win User

"CLiP License device ID does not match the device id in the bound device license"

Hello TroyKemp1,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

Additional troubleshooting can be found here: "Your Game License cannot be authenticated" error message – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

UNINSTALL & RE-INSTALL THE XBOX APP

1. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and sign out
    2. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
    3. Log out of the Microsoft Store app
    4. Log out of the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC(if installed)
    5. Log out of the Xbox Companion App (if installed)
    6. Uninstall the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC(if installed)
    7. Uninstall the Xbox Companion App(if installed)
    8. Reboot the computer
    9. Install the Xbox app for Windows 10 PC from here
    10. Sign in to the Microsoft Store app and the Xbox app with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
    11. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
    SIGN IN TO WINDOWS WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNTIf you're using a local (offline) account we recommend switching to a Microsoft account instead.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts.
    3. Click on Your info.
    4. Click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead option to link the account with a Microsoft account.
    5. Log in with the email address you used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator
    NOTE: If you have more than one Microsoft account and/or you purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator with a different address than your main Windows 10 account, we recommend adding a Windows 10 user profile for the account used to purchase the game. To add or remove Windows 10 user profile on your PC, follow the steps detailed in this article:

Add or remove accounts on your PC

CORRUPTED OR MISSING WINDOWS 10|11 UPDATEIf your issue is caused by a missing or corrupted Windows 10|11 update, you might need to reset your PC or remove an update.

To do so, simply follow the instructions detailed in this article: Windows 10 recovery options

CORRUPTED WINDOWS 10 PROFILEIf refreshing the connection to Xbox Live didn't solve the issue, it means your Windows 10 user profile is corrupted.

Please follow the instructions from this article: Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows.

After creating a new Windows 10 user profile, you will be able to reinstall the game with the same Microsoft Account/gamertag.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SB_033, in relation to the Updates you made, performed the optional Windows updates, they are important to the system.

Another thing, after you uninstalled the Minecraft launcher, did you install it again through the Minecraft website or the store (Microsoft App) on your PC?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello RW420Blaze-it,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

1. "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license." - Similar Threads - CLiP license device

2. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  7. clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license

in XBoX Games and Apps
    clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license: Good afternoon, I'm having trouble launching games from the Xbox App on my new pc. I've attempted multiple restarts and re-installs but I'm getting this issue. Currently, my Xbox account is...
  8. CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license

in XBoX Accessibility
    CLiP license id does not match the device in the bound device license: Unable to install minecraft for windows on a windows 11 nitro5 laptop fresh install nothing change ran sfc /cannow no issues detected. And I tried WSReset.exe nothjing works and I checked my...
  9. CLiP license device id doesn't match

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CLiP license device id doesn't match: I downloaded some gamepass games on my Asus ROG Ally and I keep getting CLiP license device id doesn't match error. The device is registered to my account. Why the hell won't it play the damn...
  10. clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after i...: clip license device id does not match the device id in the bound device license after i fresh restarted my pc, the microsoft store and minecraft doesn’t work i can’t download any apps and i’ve...