Clarification concerning XBL enforcement actions.

Discus and support Clarification concerning XBL enforcement actions. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Does Microsoft consider simply calling out a cheat (ONE message with NO profanity, threats, etc....) to be "harassment" and/or "bullying"? If so, why?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EveretteCarman1, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Clarification concerning XBL enforcement actions.

Does Microsoft consider simply calling out a cheat (ONE message with NO profanity, threats, etc....) to be "harassment" and/or "bullying"? If so, why?

P.S. Please know that "Cheating is not a problem ... " or "Get good" types of responses are just bright red flags that such a poster should be banned from XBL for cheating, so if those are the types of responses you want to post, just don't post anything.

P.P.S. Does anyone know who, IF anyone, is responsible for making sure the supposed people on the supposed enforcement team are: 1.) Doing their jobs CORRECTLY and/or 2.)Not being abusive themselves?

:)

EveretteCarman1, Apr 17, 2022
  2. MoroseBadger600 Win User

Hi

If the enforcement team thinks you are breaking the TOS/Xbox guidelines you will get a corrective action to show that what you did isn't right. If you think the action taken is 'abusive' you can appeal the action on this site.

Hope this helps
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

In addition to what has already been said by the Ambassador, there is a misconception here of when enforcement can occur when sending messages or doing other actions against the ToS that you agreed to abide by when signing up for the service.

To be clear, the system is not entirely automated. Messages that contain profanity can be detected by automated systems and result in an almost immediate suspension. This can occur even if the user attempts to bypass these automated filters by disguising these censored words. It can be quite sensitive.

In other cases, the automatic detection won't work and the message would need to be looked at by the enforcement team themselves. This may take, days or weeks. This same system is used when a user reports someone for cheating/using unauthorised mods or game exploits. You report them, but you may still see them on Xbox Live until the report is actioned.

Not all enforcement is immediate. Don't assume you've been suspended for the last message you sent. It could have been something you did days, weeks or months ago.
  4. BradGluck Win User

[Mod Removed – Personal Information].- comm ban provoker

Thanks for the clarification guys. I have tried to report this user but as they are technically not violating the terms of comm enforcement I dont believe action is being taken as the user is simply abusing the reaction times and criteria of violation
    for xbl enforcement to get other users comm banned. I myself am not fueling his fire but I have many fellow users that have fell victim to this sick game hes playing
  5. Saeleth Win User

I can not play xbox live

It sounds like your account currently has some sort of enforcement action against it, I would reach out to the MS Enforcement Team for further clarification.
  6. onyxishere Win User

I popcan nine2

However, the previous enforcement action is attached to your name. What I would recommend though is to send a pm to Zak TwoPunch asking for clarification on this.
Thema:

1. Clarification concerning XBL enforcement actions. - Similar Threads - Clarification concerning XBL

2. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  3. Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...: Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i know. 9d3c7c1a-0dd6-4d65-920f-da382e3614ee
  4. I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.: I've recently gotten scammed, a few hours ago as i'm submiting this, and the person stole my Microsoft account and deleted it. I don't know if the person created a new one wich is the one i'm...
  5. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  6. Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.: Hi, Xbox Support on X (Twitter) told me I should post here. I have a couple of other concerns regarding the Xbox 360 that have come to light with the server problems over the last couple of days....
  7. UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.: I have been incorrectly charged twice every month for my Game Pass subscription since May 2022. This is unacceptable and obviously I want a refund. Customer Support to get the root of this...
  8. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...
  9. Xbox Enforcement clarifications

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Enforcement clarifications: Hello there! I read the post about enforcement policy and scoured the FAQ and curiously couldn't find any info on my question which is relatively simple. Are enforcements automatic or entirely...
  10. Clarification on Xbox Terms of Service regarding enforcement

in XBoX Accessibility
    Clarification on Xbox Terms of Service regarding enforcement: I don’t understand Xbox’s terms of service as I just got banned for saying the phrase “(mod removed)”. In no way is that vulgar nor does it contain profanity and I specifically kept the message...