Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future?

Discus and support Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When the new gamertag system rolls out in the future and newer games adapt to the system, I think it would be cool if we are allowed to display our... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FeedbackWaste9422, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future?

When the new gamertag system rolls out in the future and newer games adapt to the system, I think it would be cool if we are allowed to display our classic gamertag everywhere instead of our new ones.

I currently have two gamertags, one that is displayed in parties and the Xbox app, and the other that is shown in games (which is the classic gamertag), and I wish I could just keep the classic gamertag instead to display everywhere.

submitted by /u/FeedbackWaste9422
    [link] [comments]

/u/FeedbackWaste9422, Jun 13, 2021
  2. dysen Win User

Classic Gamertag Customization

i don’t want to change the suffix, i want to change my classic gamertag while keeping the same ‘new format’ gamertag
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox console companion

You actually show as having a classic gamertag and a new gamertag. So some areas will still show the old gamertag (classic gamertag).
  4. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

How do I keep my classic gamertag and make my modern gamertag match it?

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you would like to align or remove your "modern gamertag" to match your "classic gamertag" on Xbox. Unfortunately, due to certain limitations and restrictions, it may not be possible to achieve the exact desired outcome. Here are a few points to consider:

Character limit: The "modern gamertag" has a character limit of 12, while your "classic gamertag" exceeds this limit. This means you won't be able to directly change your "modern gamertag" to match your "classic gamertag" if it exceeds 12 characters.

Cloning or duplicating gamertags: Currently, there is no feature or option available to clone or duplicate a gamertag from one account to another. Each gamertag on Xbox Live must be unique, and it's not possible to have two identical gamertags associated with a single account.

Removing the "modern gamertag": If you want to remove your "modern gamertag" and keep only your "classic gamertag," unfortunately, it's not possible to remove the "modern gamertag" entirely. Every Xbox account must have a unique gamertag associated with it. However, you can choose not to use or display the "modern gamertag" and primarily use your "classic gamertag" instead.

Best regards.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Changing Gamertag did not work (completely)

Not all games have been updated to work with the new gamertag policy. So any tags with a special character will not show a new tag, but your account will keep your old tag as a "classic" gamertag for use in those areas.
Thema:

Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future?

1. Choice to keep classic gamertag in the future? - Similar Threads - Choice keep classic

2. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i keep getting banned?: Im putting ups lfg for fallout 76 trying to sell items from my in game vendors, and i keep getting banned for it, why? What is going on with yalls moderation. Ive been banned for 2 days on 3...
  3. Why is there not a choice for Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there not a choice for Nintendo switch: So why does Xbox replace switch when u can make a choice for switch? 85874967-fd0e-45fa-ab38-99b4195e5d45
  4. xbox pc app only shows cloud gaming, no other choices.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox pc app only shows cloud gaming, no other choices.: I've noticed it once I've logged in on my surface. IDK if it's because it's a 2in1 pc, but I can't see the full library. is there any way to get the normal Xbox app? [img]...
  5. all tile choics are not showing in microsoft mahjong on winows 11 even when show all tiles...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all tile choics are not showing in microsoft mahjong on winows 11 even when show all tiles...: The app shows multiple tile choices for Microsoft mahjong, but the reality is I am only getting one tile choice, and that is Oriental characters. How do I get all tile choices to show all choices,...
  6. words and choices doesnt appear only colors appear any solution?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    words and choices doesnt appear only colors appear any solution?: https://www.mediafire.com/view/bb3gqr1uy6z9w0o/image_2023-11-21_141328279.png/file 201e1da9-d2e3-428b-b594-f311bc1680f9
  7. Why is my new gamertag choice "not allowed"?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my new gamertag choice "not allowed"?: I'm trying to change my gamertag so it matches my other ones on other consoles. On Nintendo it's Sapphomet, and on PSN it's Lady_Sapphomet. I'd like to keep it consistent, but for some reason it's...
  8. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...
  9. Any way to give feedback on design choices outside of when an activity is available or do...

in XboX Insiders
    Any way to give feedback on design choices outside of when an activity is available or do...: I want to give feedback on an insider feature that I think should get changed and it's not a bug or anything, is there anywhere I should take my feedback to or does Microsoft not want it?...
  10. Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices?: Why does xbox limit users to such a small range of headset choices, can you please certify more devices? It's a shame how few new headset models have support for xbox, of course they all work with...