China to allow games consoles!

Discus and support China to allow games consoles! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Well dunno if anyone seen this story but i thought it was pretty big news considering the size of the market. China lifts ban on games consoles The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LTA Soldier, Jan 7, 2014.

1. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest

Well dunno if anyone seen this story but i thought it was pretty big news considering the size of the market.

China lifts ban on games consoles

The analyst reckons Microsoft will have an edge at gaining a footing in this market due to the way they outsource the hardware as opposed to having there own factories like Nintendo and Sony which would make it easier to setup as they just have to find a 3rd
    party manufacturer.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Will it be a good thing? Will we see even more stress on servers which may result in more problems? Will our versions of the game recieve the same toning down on content? (Think pc games have different versions for the asian markets) Though i spose more money
    wouldn't ever hurt lol

:)

LTA Soldier, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    I can't change fallout 4 language to chinese...

Is the game actually available in China?

Maybe the Australian version doesn't support Chinese or maybe there just isn't a Chinese version?

I believe the Chinese government doesn't allow any game that puts china in a bad light and Fallout 4 backstory involves a war with China causing nuclear Armageddon

Malacath, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Will my US/N.American Xbox One play International Games?

Good find, Yapper! It looks like the consoles from China ARE unlocked now, but it sounds as though games purchased in China still require activation/verification, and will be altered from their International versions.

www.techinasia.com/xbox-regionfree-china-report

Still unable to find any official press releases to this effect, which is odd!

Jaymo1978, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Whagi
    Whagi Guest

It's all good! The more the merrier I say.

Whagi, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    I just want to see what China brings to the table in terms of game development for consoles. Assuming the suspension of the policy lasts long enough for that.

Burst Axe, Jan 7, 2014
  6. You need to remember that china is very protective on what info it lets into and out of the country...think the whole google censorship thing that allowed google in china. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal with MS meant dedicated servers in China
    controlled by the state.

Silent Hysteria, Jan 7, 2014
  7. Good news for the industry. Didn't the Chinese government ban BF4? or I think they are planning to.

BHC Bluez n 2z, Jan 7, 2014
  8. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Shaggy2000, Jan 7, 2014
  9. [quote user="BHC Bluez n 2z"]

Good news for the industry. Didn't the Chinese government ban BF4? or I think they are planning to.

[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me, given the storyline of the campaign. If I remember rightly, Treyarch had to alter the story to CoD: World At War for the German market.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 7, 2014
  10. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    LTA I notice ur a sniper elite fan have u seen the new video for it where it is set in Africa

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 7, 2014
  11. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    BHC battlefield no the china rising DLC yes

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 7, 2014
  12. LTA Soldier
    LTA Soldier Guest
    Yeah i seen it a couple of weeks ago purely by chance on youtube, well excited for it i spent hours on the last one replaying missions just to perform xray shots, so satisfying taking out that line of guards by sniping the sergeants grenade as he inspects
    the line lol Tho nothing was as funny as accidentally groin shotting a guy and realising that actually had an xray shot for the testicles aswell, i was crying with laughter for ages.

I think that video was on the old box would love to see a specific xbox one trailer to show it off, unless that was it, either way this is one of the few titles on my must buy list.

LTA Soldier, Oct 31, 2018
  13. N7 Gh0stz Win User

LTA I notice ur a sniper elite fan have u seen the new video for it where it is set in Africa
  14. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

Good news for the industry. Didn't the Chinese government ban BF4? or I think they are planning to.
  15. N7 Gh0stz Win User

BHC battlefield no the china rising DLC yes
  16. Shaggy2000 Win User

17. LTA Soldier Win User

Yeah i seen it a couple of weeks ago purely by chance on youtube, well excited for it i spent hours on the last one replaying missions just to perform xray shots, so satisfying taking out that line of guards by sniping the sergeants grenade as he inspects
    the line lol Tho nothing was as funny as accidentally groin shotting a guy and realising that actually had an xray shot for the testicles aswell, i was crying with laughter for ages.

I think that video was on the old box would love to see a specific xbox one trailer to show it off, unless that was it, either way this is one of the few titles on my must buy list.
Thema:

1. China to allow games consoles! - Similar Threads - China allow games

2. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  3. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  4. Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?: Simple question really, I’m interested in the Starfield headset but it’s sold out in Australia, if I was to purchase one from China will it work without any issues? Thanks...
  5. Xbox 360 in China

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 in China: Hi, I bought an Xbox 360. When I connect to Xbox Live, it forces the console into Chinese and says this region doesn't support Xbox Live. But I play online with my Xbox Series X without this...
  6. I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV": I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV" so I am not able to change the language to english, or play any english games. Is there any way to remove...
  7. Using Xbox Live in China

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Xbox Live in China: Hi, I'm from the UK and I'm moving to China for at least one year shortly, I intend on taking my Series X. I'm mostly a single player gamer and I've already got 3tb of storage on my xbox so I...
  8. China Region lock added to my XBox without permission

in XBoX on Consoles
    China Region lock added to my XBox without permission: I have used my XBox One for several years with Region set to Canada and language set to English. It was purchased outside China. During a recent update the location was changed to China and the...
  9. Xbox one stuck in China and BesTV for 2 years

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one stuck in China and BesTV for 2 years: So 2 years ago my xbox got a black screen and needed a factory reset to be fixed but when factory resetted it it was chinese and it keeps stoping me from changing the region and needs me to use...
  10. Series S not opening games or store in China

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S not opening games or store in China: Hi, I'm currently using an Xbox Series S in China and I can't open any games or the Microsoft store anymore (Error 0x80072efd and Error 0x80072ee2). I can download games no problem but they...