Childs password

Discus and support Childs password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Son has had "his" XBox 360 for two weeks, I transfered my gamertag from pc to console then added son. Today I have spent an hour with support trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonah-Hex, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Jonah-Hex
    Jonah-Hex Guest

Childs password

Son has had "his" XBox 360 for two weeks, I transfered my gamertag from pc to console then added son. Today I have spent an hour with support trying to find out why when he selects his gamertag it asks for Email which it remembers and then the password which
    until today it had, It will not accept Parents password or what we think is his I just want to be able to retrieve his password but I do not Know how. Please help

:)

Jonah-Hex, Jan 4, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Confirm password before purchase

Only if your child is on a child account

Which case he has to enter the parental password

ngocphi, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Child account issues "is rated above xxx's content restrictions"

When trying to watch shows on Hulu Plus, a password is needed because of the child account settings. I don't believe a password should be needed for "Dora the Explorer". I have gone in and changed the child settings to make the child account to 16 and
    still get the prompt.

Polekat-451D238F-C56D-47F5-B1B6-9F6589ECC123, Jan 4, 2014
  4. dredgeG87
    dredgeG87 Guest

Childs password

Same issue here. Ive been a software engineer for 15 years and you cant find a more looping and poorly thought out process. I KNOW my sons "microsoft account" - trust me I know this because no way I would have ever used a "hotmail" or "outlook" profile.
    We both had to reset our passwords except we can not recover his. If you enter his stinking outlook.com address it says its not found .....even when looking directly at it not only on the console but under my security settings for kids. Love that I cant talk
    to a human being about this. Microsoft Accounts/Child Accounts/ ends up in loops and make a grown man want to cry

dredgeG87, Sep 13, 2014
  5. Hello you two,

I've never really experienced this sort of issue as I've not been in the same situation. May I ask a few questions to find out a bit more so I can try better understand.

Are you trying to recover your Child Xbox Account to an Xbox 360 Console?

If so what does it say when you enter in his information?

You mention that it remembers his E-Mail address? Why not try going to:

http://account.live.com and login with what you think the password should be, and if it logs into the Account Section then you know the password is right. And I don't have much experience with Child Accounts
    so I don't know if it's granted access to accounts page. Could you try logging him into
    http://www.outlook.com? (Same applies to dredgeG87, if you don't have an outlook/hotmail account it won't make a difference, although you won't get e-mail into that account from outlook/hotmail unless configured,
    it should still login - This is just to test that the passwords are indeed correct)

When entering attempting to sign in, does it even prompt for a Parent password? If so, could there be a chance that the parent password you are typing in is for the correct account? What I mean is, could his account be linked to another account that could
    be considered a Primary?

Parental Consent

Solution

To resolve this issue, verify the information in both Microsoft accounts. To do this, follow these steps:

Note If you’re asked to provide a credit card for parental consent validation and you don’t live in the United States, this means one of the following:

The country field in your child’s Microsoft account is incorrect.

The country field in your child’s Microsoft account is blank.

Verify the personal information in the parent’s Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:

Visit the Sign in page and sign in with the parent’s Microsoft account email address and password.

Select Basic info.

Verify the following information on the Personal info page:

Date of birth

Gender (optional)

Country/region (required)

Postcode (optional)

Time zone (optional)

Click Save, click the parent’s name in the upper right, and then click Sign out.

Verify the personal information in the child’s Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:

Visit the Sign in page and sign in with the child’s Microsoft account email address and password.

Select Basic info.

Date of birth

Gender (optional)

Postcode (optional)

Time zone (optional)

Click Save, click the child’s name in the upper right, and then click Sign out.

Note In some instances, you can’t change the country/region setting in the child’s account until the information in the parent’s account is verified. For example, this issue can occur if the country/region in the child account is set to US. If you can’t
    change the country/region setting in the child account, contact Xbox Support. You’ll need the Microsoft account email address for both the parent and the child accounts.

To access your Xbox LIVE account, you must know the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account. Xbox Support can’t provide this information, even if you know your gamertag.

There are several ways you can find the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account. You can find it on your console if you can still sign in. If you can’t sign in to your console, don’t worry. There are other places you can look for this information.

If you need to find the email address for your child’s Microsoft account, see Find your child’s Microsoft account email address. If you’ve forgotten your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.

Note Microsoft account is the new name for what used to be called Windows Live ID. These two names mean the same thing. Your Microsoft account is the account that you use to manage your interactions with Xbox LIVE and other Microsoft services, including
    Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox Music and more. This central account allows you to manage your purchases, billing information and content from a single account.

This one is baffling, has the consent been set up yet? Just message me back on here with some more information on the problem if this answer hasn't solved the solution

Regards,

Daniel

DanielGabriel2, Oct 31, 2018
  6. dredgeG87 Win User

Childs password

Same issue here. Ive been a software engineer for 15 years and you cant find a more looping and poorly thought out process. I KNOW my sons "microsoft account" - trust me I know this because no way I would have ever used a "hotmail" or "outlook" profile.
    We both had to reset our passwords except we can not recover his. If you enter his stinking outlook.com address it says its not found .....even when looking directly at it not only on the console but under my security settings for kids. Love that I cant talk
    to a human being about this. Microsoft Accounts/Child Accounts/ ends up in loops and make a grown man want to cry
  7. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Childs password

Hello you two,

I've never really experienced this sort of issue as I've not been in the same situation. May I ask a few questions to find out a bit more so I can try better understand.

Are you trying to recover your Child Xbox Account to an Xbox 360 Console?

If so what does it say when you enter in his information?

You mention that it remembers his E-Mail address? Why not try going to:

http://account.live.com and login with what you think the password should be, and if it logs into the Account Section then you know the password is right. And I don't have much experience with Child Accounts
    so I don't know if it's granted access to accounts page. Could you try logging him into
    http://www.outlook.com? (Same applies to dredgeG87, if you don't have an outlook/hotmail account it won't make a difference, although you won't get e-mail into that account from outlook/hotmail unless configured,
    it should still login - This is just to test that the passwords are indeed correct)

When entering attempting to sign in, does it even prompt for a Parent password? If so, could there be a chance that the parent password you are typing in is for the correct account? What I mean is, could his account be linked to another account that could
    be considered a Primary?

Parental Consent

Solution

To resolve this issue, verify the information in both Microsoft accounts. To do this, follow these steps:

Note If you’re asked to provide a credit card for parental consent validation and you don’t live in the United States, this means one of the following:

The country field in your child’s Microsoft account is incorrect.

The country field in your child’s Microsoft account is blank.

Verify the personal information in the parent’s Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:

Visit the Sign in page and sign in with the parent’s Microsoft account email address and password.

Select Basic info.

Date of birth

Gender (optional)

Postcode (optional)

Time zone (optional)

Click Save, click the parent’s name in the upper right, and then click Sign out.

Verify the personal information in the child’s Microsoft account. To do this, follow these steps:

Visit the Sign in page and sign in with the child’s Microsoft account email address and password.

Select Basic info.

Date of birth

Gender (optional)

Postcode (optional)

Time zone (optional)

Click Save, click the child’s name in the upper right, and then click Sign out.

Note In some instances, you can’t change the country/region setting in the child’s account until the information in the parent’s account is verified. For example, this issue can occur if the country/region in the child account is set to US. If you can’t
    change the country/region setting in the child account, contact Xbox Support. You’ll need the Microsoft account email address for both the parent and the child accounts.

To access your Xbox LIVE account, you must know the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account. Xbox Support can’t provide this information, even if you know your gamertag.

There are several ways you can find the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account. You can find it on your console if you can still sign in. If you can’t sign in to your console, don’t worry. There are other places you can look for this information.

If you need to find the email address for your child’s Microsoft account, see Find your child’s Microsoft account email address. If you’ve forgotten your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.

Note Microsoft account is the new name for what used to be called Windows Live ID. These two names mean the same thing. Your Microsoft account is the account that you use to manage your interactions with Xbox LIVE and other Microsoft services, including
    Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Xbox Music and more. This central account allows you to manage your purchases, billing information and content from a single account.

This one is baffling, has the consent been set up yet? Just message me back on here with some more information on the problem if this answer hasn't solved the solution

Regards,

Daniel
  8. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

child's account password

Hi Overlyfresh! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

What error message appears when you try to log on the account?

You can do the recovery form again on 24 hrs and I recommend you to try following the suggestions here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

If you received a message mentioning that the information wasn't enough, you need to try giving more information, as the device ID and the payment method information
  9. ngocphi Win User

Confirm password before purchase

Only if your child is on a child account

Which case he has to enter the parental password
  10. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
Thema:

Childs password

1. Childs password - Similar Threads - Childs password

2. How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?: I can access my own Xbox account which manages all my children's accounts, but I have forgotten the password and cannot access HER account. I can update her personal information but not account...
  3. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  4. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  5. Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it: My son has forgotten his password for his Xbox account andi amstruggling to locate the part of my account that holds it, to have it changed. Any help is much appreciated...
  6. Xbox Series X Child Account Is Always Requiring Password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X Child Account Is Always Requiring Password: I have set up a child account on Xbox and signed into the account on my Xbox. I have also signed into my account (family organiser). However, whenever I sign into the child profile on the Xbox, I...
  7. How can I set a password to be able to sign in to Minecraft on PC so my child finishes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I set a password to be able to sign in to Minecraft on PC so my child finishes...: How can I set a password to be able to sign in to Minecraft on PC so my child finishes homework first? d9835dc3-5978-430c-9ba4-a1ba1dc5bda2
  8. Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental account: unlock the child account and reset the password over parent account possible?: Hello, I may have not posted this in the right forum, so please adjust this, if necessary. I just created an account for my son, so that he is able to play Minecraft online. For this, he...
  9. My Child forgot her Outlook password I set up on the XBox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Child forgot her Outlook password I set up on the XBox: My child forgot her password and logged out of her XBOX email account. I have her email account but we can't remember her password. If we say forgot password. It want to send her a link to a gmail...
  10. How to reset child password in Microsoft Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset child password in Microsoft Family: We don't have the password for one of the child accounts in Microsoft Family. I've tried the password reset page and have filled in all of the information we have, including many possibilities for...