Child’s account won’t change to adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s a adults account

Discus and support Child’s account won’t change to adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s a adults account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My child’s account wont change to a adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s changed fd37d0d9-3857-456a-9fcd-e8fb2a47cebb Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jakey Finn, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Jakey Finn
    Jakey Finn Guest

Child’s account won’t change to adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s a adults account

My child’s account wont change to a adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s changed

:)

Jakey Finn, Jan 8, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Profile Issues

There are 2 ways for an account to be seen in the system as a child account.

1. The DOB on the account when it was originally setup. There is no way to change this in the Xbox profile side of things.

2. If it is part of a family as a child account. Even as an adult an account can be added to a family as a child and the system will see it as a child account. You can sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and it will tell you if you are
    in a family and whether you are an adult or child in the familly. If your account is the only one on the page that means that you are the only member of the family and the account is considered an adult account.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Child using adult account/time limits

Unfortunately no. Adult accounts cannot be changed to child accounts. So even if you do change the email, the account will still be an adult and there would be no way to use parental controls on the account. He would either need to continue using the account
    or start over on his child account.
  4. Saeleth Win User

Mixer Http issue

Is the account in question a child's or adult's account? If its a child account you may want to change it to an adult account and give it a shot.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Profile Picture

Hi there Vinni 62

They can only do it on adult account not a child account sorry, Even if the parent gives permission the account needs to be an adult not a child, sorry it is the way the account secuirty is set up. Also you cannot change an child account to an adult due
    to it set to date of birth when signing up I hope this helps :D.
  6. LueNing Win User

How to change the Xbox privacy settings when I'm not in a Microsoft family, but kept getting redirected to the page "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?"

Thanks for your quick response to my question, I really appreciate the efficiency :)

I understand that my account might be a child account, but are there any ways to make sure about that? It would be great if every single Microsoft users can check whether their account is a child one or an adult one by themselves.

I'm 18 years old now, and in my region (which is Taiwan), I'm surely an adult. I've checked the birthday in my account settings and it is correct. However, my account still seems to remain a child one(?

Please tell me how to change my account into an adult one. And also, tell me if there's any way to check whether my account is a child one or an adult one. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Child’s account won’t change to adults account even tho it’s telling me it’s a adults account - Similar Threads - Child’s account won’t

2. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  3. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  4. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  5. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  6. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  7. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  8. How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.: I need to update my child’s date of birth but I don’t have the option to. It’s either greyed out or the page takes me back to the main account page. f0ce64a9-86a5-44ae-aa7b-863f1984c04a
  9. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  10. Son’s child account won’t sign in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son’s child account won’t sign in.: Every time we try to log into my son’s child account on our Series X, we get this “Fix on the web” message. So frustrating. It was working fine last week. My other son’s account works just...