child safety in voice parties

Discus and support child safety in voice parties in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The amount of times i have had party invites from accounts im not friends with that turn out to be young people that sound under 13 is very worrying.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ItsDaSplash, Jan 3, 2023.

1. ItsDaSplash
    ItsDaSplash Guest

The amount of times i have had party invites from accounts im not friends with that turn out to be young people that sound under 13 is very worrying. There are quite a few weird people in the world. i personally don't think its right that these children are able to invite people they aren't already friends with into their parties. Is there not a way we can protect not only children but vounrable people in the parties at least? I understand you cant help who you meet in a game but these accounts have basically sent out a mass invite to everyone on xbox somehow. I know this because my partner has had the same accounts send him invites at the same time as i have had them.

Thoughts?

:)

ItsDaSplash, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

i have 5 kids but 2 are now over 18 so their accounts upgraded to adult accounts and they are now responsible for themselves, the other three are under parental control.

parents need to create a child account linked to their adult account, they can then set all privacy controls, who they can except as friends and spending controls etc etc.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Microsoft provide the tools for parents to protect them, these have to be implemented by the parents as Microsoft cannot do this, but there are a lot of parents that don't care, they make accounts for the kids and put the DOB so they are over 18 to get rid of restrictions and then leave them to it, most parents are clueless.

My kids have accounts under mine which i control what they play and do and who they can talk too.
  4. ItsDaSplash Win User

I like how your on it enough to care and keep your family safe. Keep it up.
  5. ItsDaSplash Win User

Definitely i think this should be a thing that families do more of because i don't think children should be talking to people they don't know from say school. It just makes the job of keeping them safe harder. I just hope that this discussion helps someone out, because the amount of times ive refrained myself from asking the child in question to get their mum/dad or adult to tell them what is going on is unreal
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Use of multiple headsets on single XBox

Is the second child invited to the party?

Also check in settings account, privacy & online safety, xbox live privacy, view & customise, communication & multiplayer to ensure they are allowed to party chat
Thema:

1. child safety in voice parties - Similar Threads - child safety voice

2. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  3. how to i accapt an aproval request for my child he sent the request but i cant see it anywhere?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to i accapt an aproval request for my child he sent the request but i cant see it anywhere?: i dont see any message asking me to accept on my email of anywhere else. 6f0e6db3-c331-4f8b-8a49-8ac040f7b32a
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  7. Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety: I set up a child account for my son on the Xbox. So far after configuring it works fine. However, I was setting up his friends list again, and when I added a friend, I got a message to send a...
  8. Spending activity child under Family Safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Spending activity child under Family Safety: As an organiser in family safety I see my own transactions when I look at the spending activity of a child under my management. The transactions are also noted with the child's name as if they...
  9. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  10. How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I connect my child's Nintendo Switch to the Microsoft family safety?: My child has a Microsoft account so she can play minecraft with her siblings. Unfortunately, it says she in not able to play online unless I give permission for multi-player games. I can't figure...