Child has to put in password each time they play minecraft

Discus and support Child has to put in password each time they play minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Each time my kids play minecraft they have to put in their password. I had 2 step authentication set up on my account and turned that off and I also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by snappy brick, Nov 6, 2021.

1. snappy brick
    snappy brick Guest

Each time my kids play minecraft they have to put in their password.

I had 2 step authentication set up on my account and turned that off and I also set my account to sign in automatically thinking that the same would happen to my family members but unfortunately, it hasn't.

How do I set the console up so that they don't have to sign in?

I have custom settings selected as I only want them to play each other as they are under 9 years old.

Thanks in advance.

:)

snappy brick, Nov 6, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Have you adjusted this for each account? Please follow these instructions.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings.

Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey.

Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.

Choose one of the following options:

Make it fast, make it magic: Automatic sign-in with no password or passkey required.

No barriers: No password or passkey required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.

Check that it's me: A passkey is required to sign in.

Ask for my passkey: A passkey is required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.

Lock it down: Your Microsoft account password is required for almost everything.

Customize: Select this option to customize which actions require a password or passkey.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/account-pro...
  3. Georges C. Win User

Can't Connect Via XBox App

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Hootsmun, by your description has Minecraft in just one account and would like to play with your child correct?

If that's the case, unfortunately it won't be possible, game sharing is only possible on Xbox One consoles, if you try to play on your PC for example and you on another device each account will have to have a license of the game, the fact that you put your child's account in the family does not share the game.

Best regards,

4. Vpobs20 Win User

Can't create a family account

Just click on add account, even though it says adult, input your child's email address and password. The system will prompt you to then input your password to authorize the child on the account. Sadly no one tells you this so I thought I would see what
    would happen if I put their information. After inputting each child don't forget to log them out and go back to your account. Hope this helps.
  5. shinagami69 Win User

Gah, why can't I upgrade my account to an adult?

From what I remember when seting up a child account an adult has to enter a password (I think it may be linked to an live id). When upgradeing a child account the password will have to be used to confirm the account holder is now an adult and not just some
    kid trying to bypass the child account his parents put on his xbox.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Multiplayer Across Platforms - Family Account, help Needed

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Matthew, an important thing, I see in your description that says you added him to the family so they can share the game, is that it?

If that's the case, it won't be possible because the game isn't shareable even if you put the account in a family.

Minecraft has a license for each platform, in case if your child plays on the iPad he has to have the iPad version and play from his account, and if you play Windows will have to buy the Windows version and play from your account.
Thema:

1. Child has to put in password each time they play minecraft - Similar Threads - Child has put

2. Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it: My son has forgotten his password for his Xbox account andi amstruggling to locate the part of my account that holds it, to have it changed. Any help is much appreciated...
  3. How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...: There must be some security?!! Or even how do i put a time restriction on the adult?! Please help 0b5d14da-18c4-4e9f-838c-57db0a1d8cf6
  4. Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child has one email and two Xbox names - one for console, one for laptop. How do I add both...: Child has two Xbox names (one for console one for laptop) and one email for both. How do I add both to family safety? ae294462-0d41-4f0d-90ae-462da880a916
  5. Child has managed to bypass xbox family controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child has managed to bypass xbox family controls: Child's xbox no longer goes off as per xbox family setting. How has he managed to do this? Help 3ca0b014-b9be-4c88-9894-ea0605676be0
  6. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  7. I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult, but my child who has a separate account...: I paid for an xbox gold subscription as the adult (it wouldn't let me order it as my child), but my child who has a separate account can't access the game pass - is there a way to transfer the...
  8. How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Minecraft Bedrock with my daughter in multipayer when she has a child account...: I have Minecraft for PC and she has it on her Nintendo Switch. She is on the family group and linked to my account. I followed some instructions to send her an in-game invitation and she came up...
  9. My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to...: My child has an Xbox profile associated with my Microsoft account email. Is there a way to switch his profile to a new email address? 1a3275f6-525e-4236-aac7-0a2d79377ec7
  10. Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?: I bought the Halo: Master Chief Collection today for my daughter's Steam account so we can play together. Unfortunately, she is unable to login into her Microsoft account where it states that...