Child and parent account region not matching

Discus and support Child and parent account region not matching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there I am trying to set up my sons xbox 360 with a live account. When I add my details as a parent it says “locale not supported regions don’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaredVierboom, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Child and parent account region not matching

Hi there

I am trying to set up my sons xbox 360 with a live account. When I add my details as a parent it says “locale not supported regions don’t match.”

Both accounts have New Zealand as the region.

How do I fix this error I’ve been wasting hours trying to set up something that should be simple.

:)

JaredVierboom, Jul 13, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Child and parent account regions not matching

Sorry to hear the troubles Player915009504.

Because this thread is quite a bit older please create a new thread detailing exactly what you're experiencing. Thank you!
  3. Player915009504 Win User

You are really really annoying Microsoft, hate you. Wasted 2 hours this morning trying to fix this stupid region thing and still no luck.
  4. Ian72Caley Win User

Spot on this fixed this for me as I had the same problem
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

To find out the region of an account, simply visit
    https://billing.microsoft.com
    and click on "Go to personal information". Do this for each of your accounts to make sure they match.
  6. amandajam Win User

I've already done this, both email addresses are made with uk region details, and end in .co.uk, as stated in my question.
Thema:

Child and parent account region not matching

1. Child and parent account region not matching - Similar Threads - Child parent account

2. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  3. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  4. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  5. Parent permission for a child account not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent permission for a child account not working: I bought a new xbox console. Logged in with my parent email. I then tried to add my 7 year old son. I get all the way to a point where i get an email to give him permission. When i click through...
  6. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  7. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc
  8. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  9. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  10. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...