Child added as family, cannot add friends

Discus and support Child added as family, cannot add friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have created Microsoft accounts for both myself and my child. We are using iPads and have added the minecraft Microsoft app. When I try to add... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tycraft1, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Tycraft1
    Tycraft1 Guest

I have created Microsoft accounts for both myself and my child. We are using iPads and have added the minecraft Microsoft app. When I try to add friends on her profile it won’t allow me. It says I have to change the permission. I have changed the permissions
    in both Microsoft and Xbox now, signed out and back in and it still won’t allow us to add each other.

:)

Tycraft1, Jan 11, 2018
  2. jhavalon
    jhavalon Guest
    Cannot change safety for my child xbox account on windows 10

My child wants to play with his cousin a game. He wanted to add him as friend. Since he is 10, he cannot add due to privacy settings that needs to be managed by an adult.

Of course his live account was not tied to an adult. So I added to my family. I can see him as a child in my family (Microsoft account | Your family) but if I get to Privacy settings (Sign in to your Microsoft account),
    I cannot see him.

Bottom line, I add him as friend but he cannot accept me nor add his cousin as friend until I change his privacy settings that I cannot change, because he is family in Microsoft but does not show up in xbox.

Forums state that I can click on his icon in the family page and change his xbox settings. Actually, his Icon or name is not clickable and if I go to Manager Permissions. I get an empty Manage Permissions page: Sign in to your Microsoft account

What can I do ? Is there anything missing ?

Regards,

Jorge

jhavalon, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Manage my childs account

Trying to manage childs privacy settings, have added them to my Microsoft family. Logged into Xbox.com as me (adult account) but the childs gamertag profile won't come up in order for me to be able to change it so he can add friends in Minecraft PE.

AboardBison228, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Child added as family, cannot add friends

with child accounts, if I am not mistaken will require permission access regardless of permissions. The only way I know of on how to change that is to sign into her account and set all permissions to open for a minute add then set them back.

Hyperion CMDR, Oct 1, 2018
  5. Hyperion CMDR Win User

with child accounts, if I am not mistaken will require permission access regardless of permissions. The only way I know of on how to change that is to sign into her account and set all permissions to open for a minute add then set them back.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Could somebody have hijacked my child's Minecraft account on Xbox Live?

What do you mean "add herself/himself" as a friend?

Usually, friends are "mutual", which means one can request to be a friend, and only if your kid allows that person in their friend list, they become friends.

You as a parent can have your child's account added to your adult account via
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and set your child's account up so you will have to approve friend requests as a parent.
  8. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Family cannot add anyone getting error going on over 2 weeks with support

That's correct as they are child accounts and you mentioned they haven't been added to the family, in the account that manage to enter the privacy settings leave the current family even if there no one else in that family, after this log out of the family site and restart the browser

Once done with that create the family again, with that account being the organizer, and add the child accounts, remember that child accounts can't be organizer they must be added as childs, and check each account on the family site prior to this to verify that they aren't linked to other families
  9. XBF Ezra G Win User

modificación de miembro de familia[modification of family member]

Hi Sole_Z,

Thanks for your post! To have an adult account treated like a child account, simply add the adult account to a Microsoft Family as a child. The Microsoft family will then treat said account as a child. For more information on adding members to families check
    out: Add members to your Microsoft Family.

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
Thema:

1. Child added as family, cannot add friends - Similar Threads - Child added family

2. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  5. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...
  6. I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.: Hello, I've been trying to add money to my child's account with no luck. The transaction was approved, but his balance remains at zero. I can see the order on my order history, but the funds went...
  7. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  8. Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer: I keep having issues adding my son to our Family Sharing account. I add him and when he connects his Xbox to out account, he keeps being added as a Family Organizer. I want to he able to regulate...
  9. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  10. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...