Child account

Discus and support Child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am turning 18 in couple of days and my account is a child account. I have went through several customer service discussions but neither were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TfootballJ 52, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Child account

Hello, I am turning 18 in couple of days and my account is a child account. I have went through several customer service discussions but neither were able to help me. Here is my issue, the family member that created my account lost
    that email.... So pretty much I am stuck not being able to make purchases and I have 30 dollars just sitting on my account. When i finally turn 18 does the account change by itself or should I create a new one?

:)

TfootballJ 52, Oct 12, 2017
  2. CaolanNI
    CaolanNI Guest
    Xbox One Child Account Information

As long as they can actually play Mature rated games online on this console then i'm happy.

CaolanNI, Oct 12, 2017
  3. isturbo1
    isturbo1 Guest
    Xbox One Child Account Information

wasnt this question already asked?

isturbo1, Oct 12, 2017
  4. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest

Child account

When you turn 18 the account will be made an adult account automatically.

bowski477, Oct 12, 2017
  5. ChristoferVanWormer Win User

Child account not a child account?

I contacted support. They said there was nothing I could do. I guess when we created her Live account we accidentally put the wrong birth date in. The one entered made her account an adult account and support told me there is no way to convert an adult
    account into a child account. She has achievements and such saved and wiping the slate clean wouldn't have been the most ideal situation.
  6. nickisullivan13 Win User

Child account not a child account?

if your girlfriends daughter's birthday when she set up the account is under 13 then the 50 cents would have to be paid and an adult account linked. if the account age is under the age of 18 but above 13 then it needs an adult account linked to it.
  7. andersonpassos Win User

How do I make it so my child can stream on Xbox series s when hes old enough but it says it will be disabled

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If your child's Xbox Series S account is set up as a child account, there are a few steps you can take to allow your child to stream on the console when they are old enough.

Make sure that your child's account is linked to a parent account. If it is not already linked, you can link the child account to a parent account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" on the console, and then following the prompts to link the accounts.

Once the child account is linked to a parent account, the parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for the child account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Privacy & online safety".

Under the "Privacy & online safety" settings, the parent can change the settings for "Online safety" and "Broadcasting". For example, the parent can allow the child to participate in multiplayer gaming and share content online, or allow the child to stream content.

If the parent account is not able to change the settings for the child account, it may be because the child account is set up as a "Younger child" account. In this case, the parent will need to request that the child's account be converted to a "Child" account. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Change to a child account".

I hope this information helps you allow your child to stream on the Xbox Series S.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  9. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Switching accounts

You can't transfer licenses or content from one account to another.

The accounts Parent / Child are separate accounts. The parent account just manages the child account.

The child account will remain a child account until the birth date that was used for that account reaches the age of 18.
Thema:

Child account

1. Child account - Similar Threads - Child account

2. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  3. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  4. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  5. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  6. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  7. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  8. How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.: I need to update my child’s date of birth but I don’t have the option to. It’s either greyed out or the page takes me back to the main account page. f0ce64a9-86a5-44ae-aa7b-863f1984c04a
  9. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  10. I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...: I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it 09446196-2dfe-4e62-bb7c-ad5d4f87417c