child account to parent account

Discus and support child account to parent account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I made an xbox account set up as a child account accidentally years ago and have been trying to find a way to change it to have the same freedoms as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by tehepinutcase, Apr 24, 2022.

1. child account to parent account

I made an xbox account set up as a child account accidentally years ago and have been trying to find a way to change it to have the same freedoms as a parent account, such as changing the time on an xbox, with no luck. is there any way to change a child account to a parent account?

:)

tehepinutcase, Apr 24, 2022
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Parent and child accounts on Xbox are designed to help parents manage their children’s gaming activities. A parent account is the primary account that can create and manage child accounts. Child accounts are created for children under the age of 18 and are linked to the parent account. The parent account can set up parental controls, such as screen time limits, content restrictions, and spending limits, for each child account.

You cannot change your account to be a child account. You will have to create a new account for your child.

To create a child account, the parent account must first create a family group. The family group can have up to six members, including the parent account. Once the family group is created, the parent account can add a child account to the group. The child account will be linked to the parent account and will have access to the parent account’s Xbox Live Gold subscription and other benefits.

I hope this helps.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

How do I make it so my child can stream on Xbox series s when hes old enough but it says it will be disabled

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If your child's Xbox Series S account is set up as a child account, there are a few steps you can take to allow your child to stream on the console when they are old enough.

Make sure that your child's account is linked to a parent account. If it is not already linked, you can link the child account to a parent account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" on the console, and then following the prompts to link the accounts.

Once the child account is linked to a parent account, the parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for the child account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Privacy & online safety".

Under the "Privacy & online safety" settings, the parent can change the settings for "Online safety" and "Broadcasting". For example, the parent can allow the child to participate in multiplayer gaming and share content online, or allow the child to stream content.

If the parent account is not able to change the settings for the child account, it may be because the child account is set up as a "Younger child" account. In this case, the parent will need to request that the child's account be converted to a "Child" account. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Change to a child account".

I hope this information helps you allow your child to stream on the Xbox Series S.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Switching accounts

You can't transfer licenses or content from one account to another.

The accounts Parent / Child are separate accounts. The parent account just manages the child account.

The child account will remain a child account until the birth date that was used for that account reaches the age of 18.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Can't change privacy settings/use other features

You can remove a child by either promoting it (over 17) from the child account's Account Management, or by removing the parent/child relationship entirely from the parent account.
  6. DmitryGoryayinov Win User

Xbox LIVE won't accept my credentials, Xbox tech support cannot help

I checked the issue with Microsoft Account tech support, and they sent me back here.

On their end everything work as expected: my parent account and child account are properly connected, I see the child account under the parent account, can set the permissions for the child account.

But apparently the parent-child accounts relations are not propagated correctly to the Xbox LIVE system.
Thema:

child account to parent account

1. child account to parent account - Similar Threads - child account parent

2. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  3. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  4. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  5. Parent permission for a child account not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent permission for a child account not working: I bought a new xbox console. Logged in with my parent email. I then tried to add my 7 year old son. I get all the way to a point where i get an email to give him permission. When i click through...
  6. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  7. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc
  8. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  9. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  10. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...