Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own...

Discus and support Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My son is set up as a child account. He was too young when he had his xbox to be set up as anything but a child account. He is still young but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gtDoddnoxbox, Jul 3, 2022.

1. gtDoddnoxbox
    gtDoddnoxbox Guest

Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own...

Hi. My son is set up as a child account. He was too young when he had his xbox to be set up as anything but a child account. He is still young but needs to access his xbox games on a gaming PC. Whenever he tries to sign in it asks for me (the subscription holder) to sign in. I am only the family organiser. I never play, have no desire to but as the adult set it all up and pay the fees (ho hum).

I need him to be able to sign in without me, access his gamer ID and pick up on games where he left off when playing on the xbox.

Can anyone help please?

:)

gtDoddnoxbox, Jul 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own gamer ID?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Gtdoddnoxbox

May I know if you tried changing or removing permissions/consent for the child account via family settings?

Try this:
    Visit family.microsoft.com and sign into your Microsoft account.

Scroll down and select Manage my child’s profile info.

Find your family member and select Remove consent for this child’s account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. NotWolfz Win User

Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own gamer ID?

Howdy, gtDoddnoxbox.

My name is Wolfz and I’m a Xbox Ambassador.

I’m sorry that you are having problems with Family Settings.

Have you tried turning off some restrictions?

If your ESRB restrictions are on then anything over what is set will require approval of a parent.

To turn this off please do the following:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Family settings.

Select Manage family members, and then select the member whose settings you want to update.

Under Access to content, select 17+

Hope this helped!
  4. ThorX360 Win User

xbox to pc

5. Arminator Win User

Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue

Windows allows fast user switching.

Create a separate account on your PC for your child (since you have made a child account already, he can simply sign in on Windows 10 with that account).

Then secure your computer account with a password your kid doesn't know.

Whenever you're not around, make sure you are not actively signed in on the PC (simply press Windowskey + L), and the kid is able to sign in with their own account then.

That gives them their own desktop space, and they can't use your Xbox app.
  6. flankmaker Win User

Share game pass ultimate / Compartilhamento do game pass

Hello,

What you need is for him to sign onto the PC you want to use and then you can use the game pass on his account. You would otherwise have to buy it separately for yourself.

Please note one of you has to own Xbox Game pass for PC.
Thema:

1. Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own... - Similar Threads - Child account Gamer

2. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...: So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't...
  3. Change gamer picture on a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change gamer picture on a child account: I am the parent organizer for our family account. I would like to allow my child to change his gamer pic but don't want him to have an adult account. This seems like a simple thing to do. Is there...
  4. Cannot change gamer tag or use account balance for child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change gamer tag or use account balance for child account: Here is a summary of my issues: 1) I have a family account that has all the emails of my family connected 2) I myself had an xbox account connected to it for a while and now wanted to setup the...
  5. Xbox child account live gamer tag creation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox child account live gamer tag creation: Hi , when my child tries to create a game tag / Xbox live account using his Microsoft account on a pc there is a problem. when he is asked to get permission from a parent I type in my email then...
  6. MS account, child grows up, gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS account, child grows up, gamer tag: I think i know the answer but would like it confirmed so i can decide next steps. i have a MS account and use the email, office subscription etc. When my nkw adult son got an xbkx we used my...
  7. Is it possible to switch the gamer tag associated with the parent account to a child account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to switch the gamer tag associated with the parent account to a child account?: Initially when we got our first xbox, I had created an account (parent account) that used all of my information, and was associated to the xbox & xbox live/gold details. Being new to xbox, I...
  8. Move gamer tag to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move gamer tag to child account: I just recently learned that you can setup a child account under Xbox and limit their playtime. Up until now my son has used my account which is attached to my email. Is there a way to move the...
  9. Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving a gamer tag from an adult to a child account: Both of my sons received Xbox one's for Christmas. To get them started we set their gamer tags up on mine and my husbands Hotmail accounts. Now I want to limit their screen time and transfer money...
  10. Upgrading from Child Account to Adult Account + Custom Gamer Image

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading from Child Account to Adult Account + Custom Gamer Image: Hello people, I have run into an issue on my account where it was set up as a child account and not an adult one and I have yet to find out how to fix that. The first time I noticed this issue...