Child account game pass sharing, on another console?

Discus and support Child account game pass sharing, on another console? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 boys that live with their mother and I have gam pass here the console here but want them to have game pass at home. I've figured out how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Everett Loper, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Child account game pass sharing, on another console?

Hi, I have 2 boys that live with their mother and I have gam pass here the console here but want them to have game pass at home. I've figured out how to buy him the subscription thru the forum here, but if I do that can they both take advantage of it on their console at home?

:)

Everett Loper, Jan 16, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

They would both need to set their home Xbox to that console to share the subscription

There is currently a "friends and family" plan in testing, which should be perfect for you. That way their subscriptions will be tied to their accounts and not the console, and work on anyXbox they sign into
  3. Frathos Win User

xbox live gold

Have you set up a family account for yourself and the child that has XBL Gold (ie parent account with Gold, Child 1 has access as defined by parent account)? This would be best to control unauthorized purchases but would limit game sharing as only the Parent
    account would be able to play on the non Home console.

If you haven't created a Family and have simply purchased XBL Gold for Child 1 then you can share that with Child 2 by game sharing:

• The console that Child 2 uses should be set as the Home console for Child 1 account
    • The Child 1 account would download the applicable games to both consoles
    • The Child 1 account would use the non Home console while logged in with his XBL account
    • I recommend setting a custom pass code on purchases if you don't want unauthorized purchases made if you have added your CC to the console.
  4. Zenosos Win User

Xbox gold for family

Unfortunately Xbox live discontinued their family membership to pursue game pass, however I do recommend that you have the 2 adult accounts with the Xbox live membership and share with the child accounts via home share feature on consoles
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Why can’t my child play multiplayer on Minecraft when I’m not signed in on the Xbox

As others noted, your children need an active Gold membership subscription to be able to play online multiplayer (other than free to play titles like Apex or Fortnite).

Since you say the child can play online multiplayer when you are signed in on that console, I assume your own account has an active Gold or Game Pass ULTIMATE subscription.

In order to save some costs, you can do the following:

Give one child (let's call it Child A) a gold membership subscription or a Game Pass ULTIMATE subscription (a "regular" Game Pass subscription won't do it).

Now Child A goes to the console of Child B and sets that console as their own Home Console in the settings of the Child B console.

Now the Child B console shares the Gold membership subscription with ANYONE playing on that Child B console.

As Child A is the owner of the Gold subscription, they in turn can go to ANY CONSOLE and their Gold subscription goes with them.

So Child B can play Minecraft online Multiplayer thanks to the shared Gold subscription on the B-console, and Child A can play on their own console (or any other console) thanks to the Gold membership on their Child A account.

If you yourself don't play online multiplayer, you can then cancel the Gold subscription on your own account, and the kids can play with their own accounts.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Subscription

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Lorraine, putting an active subscription account into a family account will not cause the Game Pass to be shared, as you have two consoles so they can enjoy the subscription is to share between consoles, place child account 01 as primary in child console 02, and place child account 02 as primary in child console 01.

More details in the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Child account game pass sharing, on another console? - Similar Threads - Child account game

2. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  3. How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?: I recently bought ea fc ultimate edition onto my kid's xbox account so that they could get the points etc. It did it on my account last year and shared it with them bit they couldn't access any of...
  4. Child account can’t create a 360 profile for backwards compatible games 8015000A

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can’t create a 360 profile for backwards compatible games 8015000A: Tried to load a BC game for a new child account, as expected they don’t have a 360 account and when I try to put in the info for creation I get 8105000A error 9330ce7b-3556-456d-b926-7e79ed5cb1a6
  5. How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I upgrade a games pass core to ultimate on my childs account: Hi, I accidentally redeemed a code on my childs account and want it to convert to ultimate. I get a message that he is not allowed to this because of age restriction. Is there a way to make this...
  6. How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?: I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It will not send an approval request. It just...
  7. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...
  8. Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games: So I am the Family Organiser for my XBox Cloud Gaming account, which we access through the Samsung TV. Even when the child account is logged in, it is still seeing promoted PEGI-18 games - right...
  9. i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....

in XBoX Accessibility
    i put $15 in my childs account, now the microsoft store wont let him buy the pc game pass....: when my child tries to purchase the pc game pass it keep saying that parental approval is needed, but that they have no way to contact me and there are other ways like asking for it. the whole...
  10. Accessing game pass perks on a child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessing game pass perks on a child account: Hello, My child has Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and cannot access any perks. Clicking on the button to view perks shows a screen with the following error: "Sorry, we can't show game pass perks right...