Child account can't link Discord to Xbox

Discus and support Child account can't link Discord to Xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My kid needs to link his Discord account to Xbox Live. He has my permission, but apparently child accounts can't link to social media accounts. How can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FeFuller, Mar 31, 2023.

1. FeFuller
    FeFuller Guest

My kid needs to link his Discord account to Xbox Live. He has my permission, but apparently child accounts can't link to social media accounts. How can I make an exception in parental control to allow him to use Discord on Xbox?

:)

FeFuller, Mar 31, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here.

Is your son's child account above 13?
  3. Jamie De Silvia1 Win User

My son is 14 years old (birthday May 2009) and Xbox will not let him link discord. It says it’s a privacy setting issue and I cannot find anything in Microsoft family safety to adjust to fix that. Please advise..
  4. FeFuller Win User

No, he's 10 and his content restriction is set to 14 years old.
  5. Jamie De Silvia1 Win User

I did figure it out. Logged into Microsoft family safety in a browser. Found Xbox settings, clicked “privacy and online safety” then clicked “allow” for “You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text”.
  6. DeniqL Win User

Thema:

1. Child account can't link Discord to Xbox - Similar Threads - Child account can't

2. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything: I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group but also a child account which make me unable...
  5. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  6. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  7. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...
  8. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  9. Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft): I created a brand new microsoft account for my kid so he can play on my minecraft server. I have allowed everything on his settings, including jumping his age up to let more games through. I am...
  10. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...