Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

Discus and support Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HerbbieFeldman, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details and customize-friends and clubs- You can add friends is set
    to Allow.

But when I go to add a friend it still says something has gone wrong and I need to have a parent account go in and change settings to allow friends to be added.

Not sure what else I am supposed to do here...

I tried setting it to Adult defaults in the settings but thst never seems to take and when i go back into the menus it goes back to custom.

:)

HerbbieFeldman, Jun 2, 2020
  2. HerbbieFeldman Win User

Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

Verifique se a data de nascimento da conta está maior do que 18 anos, por exemplo: 12/10/1998
    Its not over 18 years old, its a child account under 18 so we can manage it as the parents for things like content restrictions and screen time. Something recently went crazy with the settings and now it can't add friends despite me having that family setting
    to allow friends to be added.
  3. RaFz6118 Win User

Verifique se a data de nascimento da conta está maior do que 18 anos, por exemplo: 12/10/1998
  4. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
  5. Destiny082618 Win User

Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

Hello, most of the time this can be because the child account settings are actually set so that the children cannot add/accept friends on xbox live due to age restrictions. This is something that you can fix within your family settings/child account settings.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds. - Similar Threads - Child account cannot

2. Cannot see child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot see child account: Hello, I have added a child account to mine but cannot see them listed. When I login to their account I can see me as the organiser. I have tried adding manually but it says they are in...
  3. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  4. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  5. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: I receive this error message when accessing google chrome: Ask for permission You'll need to ask, but I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account...
  6. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  7. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends: I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two checkboxes "Friend" or "Favorite" but neither...
  8. New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite: Recently upgraded from Xbox X to Series X. Child is under the family xbox live account. Child now cannot add friends in XBOX Series X. Child's account is over 10 and only restriction is time...
  9. Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote: I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere. My account should have auto-promoted from a child account to an adult account (I am 19 years old)...
  10. Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...: I've tried everything, and i've been the account organiser for the family account since 2017. I don't remember if I used another account but I can't remove my kids account from the family no...