Child account as only member in family group

Discus and support Child account as only member in family group in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I want to add my kid to my family group, but somehow she has her own family group with only herself in it. She is the organizer and only... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sophia Kramer, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Child account as only member in family group

Hello!

I want to add my kid to my family group, but somehow she has her own family group with only herself in it. She is the organizer and only member, and I can't remove her from it to add to my family group.

:)

Sophia Kramer, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Sophia, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Oh, if she is the only member it means that she does not have a family group and you can simply sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family using your account and then add her as a member.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

Hi Jody, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you the adult that added his account?

"Only organizers of a family group can remove family members.

Only the adult who granted consent can remove a child account from the family group"

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Geri M, recommends the following steps for a solution.

It sounds like you are having trouble removing a child from a family group and at the same time you as the organizer.

Let us check this together and resolve it to help your concern.

To remove a child from a family group, you must:

Click Manage my child's profile information and find your family member.

Select Remove consent for this child's account.

Return to the family group.

Click More options below the family member you want to remove from your family group.

Select Remove from family group > Remove.

Only family group organizers can remove family members. Leave the family group or remove members - Microsoft Support.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/236c76f7-8cfb-4499-9b6f-676d1238f279

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Unknown Microsoft family account for 8 year old.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Neil, try t follow the procedure below.

Leave family group or remove members

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Notes:

"Only organizers of a family group can remove family members."

"Only the adult who granted consent can remove a child account from the family group. If the adult cannot access their account, the adult or appropriate guardian should attempt to recover the adult account."
  6. Salmoro Win User

Still have a Xbox Child account - I changed it years ago?

Hi

If your account was before a Child account as a part of a Family Group, You'll have to add yourself again into a Family as a Child account. You must use another account as Parent, then after you add your account as Child, you make the privacy changes in
    your account through the Parent account. Afterwards; you can remove your account from the Family.

If you don't have another account to make it as Parent, you must create a new one.

The Parent account is Organizer , the Child account is a

Add a member to Family Group

Remove a member from a Family Group

Change Privacy Setting on Child account
Thema:

1. Child account as only member in family group - Similar Threads - Child account member

2. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...: I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow...
  3. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  4. Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child: I just created a new Microsoft account and it is already in a family and as a child. I'm over 18 and my birth date in the account is correct. It says that only an "adult" account in the family can...
  5. I made my account a member account "child account" by accident and I want it to be changed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made my account a member account "child account" by accident and I want it to be changed...: I'd like to change my member account to an organizer because it was originally supposed to be an organizer but for some reason didn't become one. If I can't I'm going to lose a 1 and a half ish...
  6. I'm the only member in a "family account" as a child?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm the only member in a "family account" as a child?: Hello! I'm attempting to play a game using the Xbox pc game pass. The problem is, the game has an age restriction and even though I'm over the age of eighteen, the game pass thinks I'm a child....
  7. Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Account: Change type from member to organizer (Child to adult): How do I convert a child account (member) to and adult account (organizer)? I've modified every known setting and my son is still unable to make xbox purchases under a child account, even when I...
  8. My Xbox account needs to be modified to move my child from Parent to a Family member

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account needs to be modified to move my child from Parent to a Family member: I need to monitor my son's activity on Xbox but his account is set up as a parent account and needs to be shifted over to a family member (Child) account without losing all of his Fortnite gaming...
  9. Redirect loop when trying to create xbox account for a child microsoft.com family member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redirect loop when trying to create xbox account for a child microsoft.com family member: Initially described this issue in https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/580573D4-237E-467F-B0A7-10FC2A99E668?page=4 and reposting here by request from Misses Quinzel... Hopefully this'll make...
  10. Unable to add a child account as a family member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to add a child account as a family member: Hello Everyone, I have a problem with adding the second child xbox live accout as a family member on Xbox 360. Do you have any advice for me? Thank you, very much....