Chatpad

Discus and support Chatpad in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey so I can't figure out how to set the shortcut buttons (x1 and x2) on the chatpad. Any help will be appreciated i tried the instructions that came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHUCKL3B3RRY54, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Chatpad

Hey so I can't figure out how to set the shortcut buttons (x1 and x2) on the chatpad. Any help will be appreciated i tried the instructions that came with it but they are vague and nondetailed.

:)

CHUCKL3B3RRY54, Dec 26, 2015
  2. EdgarTT30
    EdgarTT30 Guest
    Chatpad-Xbox One

WE WANT CHATPAT!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...WE WANT CHATPAD!...

EdgarTT30, Dec 26, 2015
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to set up and use the Xbox 360 Chatpad

You can easily chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE using the Xbox 360 Chatpad. The Chatpad is very helpful for sending text messages quickly.

How to connect the Xbox Chatpad to a controller

To connect the Xbox Chatpad to a controller, follow the steps below:

• First, you need to turn the controller and the Xbox 360 Chatpad so that the bottom of each faces up.
    • The chatpad connector plug needs to be aligned with the controller’s expansion port. You have to align the two posts on the chatpad with the holes on the controller.
    • Finally, you need to push the chatpad onto the controller with even pressure to attach. You have to ensure that there is no gape between the chatpad and the controller.
    You can also connect an Xbox 360 Wired Headset or a mobile phone headset with the Xbox 360 Chatpad. To connect a headset, you need to plug it into the 2.5-mm audio jack on the chatpad.

Notes:

• You can connect the Xbox 360 Chatpad with both the Xbox 360 wired or wireless controllers.
    • But you cannot use the Xbox 360 Chatpad with a controller connected to a personal computer.

kevin, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Chatpad

I'm in the same boat. I saw that the button X1 is pre-programmed to take a screenshot and X2 is pre-set for a 30s game clip. But I also can't find anywhere how to reassign these buttons. Anyone out there?

jp_drums_4evr, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Just picked up a chatpad today and was wondering the same thing.

Michael Rivers, Jan 3, 2016
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Hello all,

The reason you're not able to do this yet is that these buttons are not reprogrammable yet. This is a future feature which should be added in the Spring of this year, presumably via a controller update included in a future dashboard update. Unfortunately
    there's not a more exact timeline for this right now.

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  7. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

My Day by Day Evaluation of the X1

smartglass is the new chatpad, although there is a chatpad on the way.
  8. Continue using my Co Win User

Chatpad for controler

Hello. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Xbox 360 Chatpad.

There are two tabs on either end of the chatpad that fit securely into the screw holes on the bottom grips of the controller. If these are not secure then the chatpad won't be fully operational as the connection at the powerport will be loose.

Connect the Xbox 360 Chatpad to a controller:

1. Turn the controller and the Xbox 360 Chatpad so that the bottom of each faces up.

2. Align the chatpad connector plug with the controller's expansion port. Align the two posts on the chatpad with the holes on the controller.

3. Push the chatpad onto the controller with even pressure until they snap together. There should be no gaps.

Here is a video demonstration: http://youtu.be/S-mWXFmSBWc?t=40s

[​IMG]
  9. FearedNightmare Win User

Chatpad won't fit XBOXOne S controller

10. {Parity} Win User

Chatpad issue on XBOX ONE

11. Photonimus Win User

Microphone not recording

Try it without the chatpad, maybe D3ATH PRONE's suggestion about the jack could be the issue, but with the chatpad's port.
Thema:

Chatpad

1. Chatpad - Similar Threads - Chatpad

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?: Is there a Chatpad available for the new Xbox Series X/S (Core) controllers? I've found them for Xbox One controllers and the old Xbox 360 on places like Amazon. Doesn't seem to be one for the...
  5. I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?: I need it on my Xbox x/s controller which its not connecting, no lights on nor Accessories attachment notification. Chatpad does work on my Elite 1 controller with lights but not x/s controller....
  6. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  7. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers: Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the...
  8. Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out: So I just recently purchased the Series X and the Series 2 Elite Controller, as I installed everything I also attached my Chatpad to update my controller. After all that for some reason all the...
  9. Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?: I am having grate problems getting my chatpad working with my new gen console ? c8361400-e9c7-4359-bab2-19bc0440ad3a
  10. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...