Chat privacy settings per application?

Discus and support Chat privacy settings per application? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Chat audio works from xbox one dashboard (ie: playback on voice message). As soon as i am logged into NHL 23, same message cannot be played and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by David W4, Nov 13, 2022.

1. David W4
    David W4 Guest

Chat audio works from xbox one dashboard (ie: playback on voice message). As soon as i am logged into NHL 23, same message cannot be played and I cannot hear any players in game. Beginning a party allows me to listen to voice messages and hear anyone in party. Seems to be EA as other games do not disable game chat

:)

David W4, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your audio problem from the game.

Have you tried reinstalling the game already to see if that helps? It maybe due to the game being corrupted for some reason.

If that does not help. try doing a reset of your console.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If other games are working fine, this has nothing to do with the console but with the game itself.
  3. RadyMicStrootle Win User

Privacy settings preventing chat

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. There were some Xbox Live Core Service issues yesterday that affected party chat and messaging. We believe those issues to be resolved at this point.

If you're still experiencing issues, please post back and let us know. :)
    Y Xbox is doing the same thing
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Privacy settings preventing chat

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. There were some Xbox Live Core Service issues yesterday that affected party chat and messaging. We believe those issues to be resolved at this point.

If you're still experiencing issues, please post back and let us know. :)
  5. DAVIDB67-62DE8553-CB Win User

Edited

I'd check the privacy settings to see if chat is blocked
  6. lI Mason Il Win User

Privacy settings effecting party chat

Turns out the problem wasn't his privacy settings. I decided to have a look through his messages, turns out Xbox had banned his communications, but cheers anyway dude
Thema:

1. Chat privacy settings per application? - Similar Threads - Chat privacy settings

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES

in XBoX on Windows
    I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES: I am banned for making a group post about my channel there was nothing offensive just my channel for xbox and twitch i tried to play with my brother but i couldent friend him also im banned from...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  8. The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox part chat only works if its just me and one other person: I have tried everything possible for the network and I believe it may be my console so I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with this issue seeing as it may not be my...
  9. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  10. Xbox game chat log

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game chat log: my account was hack and I cannot join games or talk to any of my friends and I really do want to play 48b3dbb3-0162-4b02-9866-d6643065082f