Chat Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings

Discus and support Chat Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have two PCs. On one of them the Xbox Game Bar is missing the "Xbox Chat" widget, and the "Party Chat" settings. This seems to prevent games like Sea... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JuanIslando, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Chat Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings

I have two PCs. On one of them the Xbox Game Bar is missing the "Xbox Chat" widget, and the "Party Chat" settings. This seems to prevent games like Sea of Thieves from using voice chat (audio from me). This is the same account on both PCs, and microphone/audio works fine for all other apps. I've tried the following:

1. Checked correct input device
    2. Check privacy settings for Microphone
    3. Completely uninstall Xbox apps and reinstall
    4. Cleaned GameDVR registry settings

Party invites work, I can hear others, I can even see my avatar highlight when I speak in a party, but nobody can hear me.

submitted by /u/JuanIslando
    [link] [comments]

/u/JuanIslando, Apr 22, 2021
  2. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  3. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  4. MarkOfYore Win User

Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

5. MarkOfYore Win User

PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

I have the same issue. The workaround I'm using is to "pin" the Party Chat Game Bar widget. This way, the party chat stays visible when the rest of the Game Bar overlay disappears, and it keeps your mic active.
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me when I have the overlay up on my screen, but when I click out of the overlay my mic cuts off.

I have the same issue. There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
Thema:

Chat Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings

1. Chat Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings - Similar Threads - Chat Working Game

2. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  5. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  6. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  7. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  8. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  9. Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?: Was going to play hell let loose with some friends, tried the game the day before and everyting was working fine. the next day i got on to play and i cant hear anybody and i cant talk. i tried the...
  10. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...