Charging for a Free Game Live Gold

Discus and support Charging for a Free Game Live Gold in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I'm an Xbox Live Gold Member. Yesterday I tried to download Medal of Honor Airborne on my Xbox 360, that is free if you have Live Gold. But,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TrapizombaRS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. TrapizombaRS
    TrapizombaRS Guest

Hello! I'm an Xbox Live Gold Member. Yesterday I tried to download Medal of Honor Airborne on my Xbox 360, that is free if you have Live Gold. But, when I click download, it says: You have no valid payment options on file. And "Change Payment Options". At
    the same time, on the top of the page it says it's free. What's the solution?

Alexander L. Azevedo

:)

TrapizombaRS, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Itz chibi
    Itz chibi Guest
    I got gold and cant get free gold games

After buying a gold card Some of the free games with gold are still charging me am i doing something wrong?

Itz chibi, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Being charged for what should be free.

It's free for gold members. Since you don't have gold it is charging you.

Smwutches, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If you're downloading it from an Xbox One or xbox.com, you would need a credit card/paypal on file in order to make the purchase. In order to download it without adding a credit card/Paypal, is to make the purchase from a 360 console.

Smwutches, Oct 17, 2017
  5. SidneyMatthews Win User

Knights of Pen Paper Games with Gold bundle does not start

When I try to download this game for free with live gold I am charged,any reason for this?
  6. OlivierCésar Win User

backwards compatible games

Hi,

Gold X360 backward compatible games will always show you a Buy This Game.

But, that's no problem, click on Buy This Game and you will see Free if your Gold Subscription is valid. You will also need a valid payment associated to your account.

Excerpt from the FAQ

"When I try to download a game from Xbox.com I get a message that says "You have no valid payment options on file." Will I be charged for the free Games with Gold?

You won’t be charged for the Games with Gold download. The Xbox.com Store requires a valid payment option to download Xbox 360 games. However, no charges will be made since Games with Gold is free to Xbox Live Gold members."

The FAQ can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq#c3ca0339eee64eeb90594fd08f34a212

Hope this help

Cheers
  7. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Not able to download Fable Anniversary - Gold game of april/2020

The Microsoft Store requires a valid payment option to download Xbox games. However, no charges will be made since Games with Gold is free to Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members.
  8. PhilMarck Win User

Which One do i Get

PS4 Free to Play multiplayer games won't charge the users so they can play online for free, Xbox One won't offer the same.

-

DVR'ing games will be free on PS4, on Xbox One you'll need Xbox LIVE Gold.
  9. Smwutches Win User

If you're downloading it from an Xbox One or xbox.com, you would need a credit card/paypal on file in order to make the purchase. In order to download it without adding a credit card/Paypal, is to make the purchase from a 360 console.
Thema:

1. Charging for a Free Game Live Gold - Similar Threads - Charging Free Game

2. Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got charged for a FREE game? Refund denied..: Hi all, I downloaded a FREE game and then a couple days later, I got charged $16 for it. I asked for a refund but got denied as the game had been played (obviously would have been played in the...
  3. I can’t get my free game with gold, bleed 2... it keeps trying to charge me full price.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get my free game with gold, bleed 2... it keeps trying to charge me full price.: I would like help getting my free game with gold, imsubscribed to gamepass ultimate, and i want to get bleed 2. It isnt getting bought. Need help please 9d1b4791-e019-4d2a-8768-ec0ff517a3a7
  4. Free game charged to Paypal

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free game charged to Paypal: Downloaded Portal Knights 28th August (free on Xbox until 31st August). My Paypal account was charged €9.99. Anyone else have an issue with this? Thanks 74dbb1d4-a24a-450d-804a-d5004be92bf2
  5. Charging for Xbox free with gold game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charging for Xbox free with gold game: Xbox free with gold keeps trying to charge me 59.99 for Project Cars 2 2460bbc4-23a3-4afe-9dce-e841019e9d81
  6. Charged for a free game on gold

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Charged for a free game on gold: Recently noticed that jurassic world evolution was advertised free with games on gold so proceeded to download but was then charged? I have spoken to friends also on gold an they have downloaded...
  7. Games with gold charging for free games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games with gold charging for free games: My games for gold is trying to charge me for some games it let me download xbox1 games but is trying to charge me for 360 games my payment method is valid and like i said no trouble with xbox1...
  8. I got charged for a FREE game!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got charged for a FREE game!!!: I am currently an Xbox Live GOLD Member. I downloaded a FREE game & I get charged for it!? Shall I STOP trusting Xbox? Shall I ALWAYS doubt Xbox? I've been trying to resolve this for the...
  9. Gratis spel vart debiterat[Translation-Free games where charged]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gratis spel vart debiterat[Translation-Free games where charged]: Hej! Skaffa mig precis NHL 19 till min XBOX One. Spelet vart gratis, men vart debiterad en kostnad på 670kr. Hur kan man åtgärda detta? Hade spelet kostar 670kr så hade jag inte tagit hem...
  10. I was charged for a free 'games with gold' game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was charged for a free 'games with gold' game: The only ways to contact Microsoft about this is via phone or chat and I don't want to spend as much time on the phone (or more) to fix this issue than what I could make at work volunteering less...