Charging AA batteries, connecting controller with USB?

Discus and support Charging AA batteries, connecting controller with USB? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I use my Series X controller, wireless on PC , so I use rechargeable AA batteries for it. I always charged the batteries with the regular wall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarcoArik, Aug 16, 2022.

1. MarcoArik
    MarcoArik Guest

Hello, I use my Series X controller, wireless on PC , so I use rechargeable AA batteries for it. I always charged the batteries with the regular wall charger.

The question is pretty dumb: can I charge AA batteries connecting the controller via USB to PC, or is it better to use the wall charger?

I repeat: they are rechargeable AA, not battery packs.

:)

MarcoArik, Aug 16, 2022
  2. PrettyPhoenix41 Win User

Charging Station for 4 XBOX One Wireless Controllers?

I am using the "AA" batteries the controller. Can I charge these batteries by connecting to the XBOX console via USB cable?
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Will the Xbox One Controllers be wireless or wired?

[quote user="Drachen77"]a micro USB cable and the connection automatically switches to preserve battery life. [/quote]That's not charging, that's running off USB power.

The controller cannot charge AA batteries. It wouldn't know what kind of AA batteries you have in it. Alkaline? NiMH? Zinc?
  4. ArminatorX Win User

X1 Elite Controller not Charging

I have been using the regular reachargable AA batteries that come with the wireless x1 elite controller. It isnt the play and charge kit.[...]
    The AA Batteries that came with my Elite controller are NON-rechargeable Duracell batteries.

If you are using rechargeable AA batteries, they will also NOT charge through the USB cable.

Only the specific battery pack of the Play and Charge kit can be charged via USB. If you look into the battery compartment, between the battery contacts, you should see three "golden" contacts. These are for the Play and Charge battery pack, and only those
    contacts provide the charging capacity for the Play and Charge battery pack. No charging current is sent to the AA battery contacts, as the controller can't know if you inserted standard non-rechargeable AA batteries (which might explode if charged), or if
    you are using rechargeable AA batteries.

Therefore it's not possible to charge AA batteries inside any Xbox One controller.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox wireless controller

Hi,

Only battery packs designed specifically for Xbox controllers (Microsoft or third party) will charge when a USB power cable is applied.

AA batteries do not charge in the controller, whether they are rechargeable AA, Alkaline single use or cheaper Zinc-Carbon single use batteries. They won't receive any current and can not therefore 'overcharge'.

When the controller contains these types of battery, the power will only come from the device the controller is connected to via the USB cable.
  6. sniffles x Win User

Xbox One: Charging controller with mini USB cord.

Hi Wolf!

The controller cannot charge standard AA batteries via a USB cable, nor can it charge rechargeable AA batteries.

Microsoft sell a
    Play & Charge Kit
    that includes a battery pack which sits in place of the AA's and you can charge it up via the cable included. They last for ages and you can charge it whilst playing.

If you want to use rechargeable AA batteries with your controller you can, but they must be charged in the charging unit that came with the batteries, you cannot charge them in the controller via a USB cable. (I would not recommend trying it either)
Thema:

1. Charging AA batteries, connecting controller with USB? - Similar Threads - Charging batteries connecting

2. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  3. AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.: Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the power source, but will happen again a few...
  4. So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...

in XBoX on Windows
    So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...: So when I plug the charger in, it says it is plugged in and charging but the battery continues to drain like 1% per minute. It even shows the "Your battery is running low" warning at 5% and it...
  5. How do I confirm that my new Xbox Wireless Headset battery is not charging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I confirm that my new Xbox Wireless Headset battery is not charging?: I have a brand new Xbox Series X and Xbox Wireless Headset. When I took the headset out of the box, the battery was completely drained. I plugged it into the console with the provided cord, and it...
  6. Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model) No Longer Holding Charge: Hi! On May 10th I bought an Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable (latest model). It has since lost all ability to hold a charge, never getting above 15%. I've used the official cable to...
  7. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging: Hi, I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly. However, the last weeks when I try to charge my...
  8. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  9. I can't charge my xbox battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't charge my xbox battery: I bought the Xbox rechargeable battery on December 22 last year. I used it for a few months and then idled it for about four months. Recently, when I started playing again, I found that I couldn't...
  10. Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging.: Bought the Xbox Rechargeable Battery about a month ago. Right now it doesn't seem to be able to charge. Initially it was able to charge either by directly plugging in to my Xbox Series X console...