Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial

Discus and support Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an xboxlive account that I closed months ago because frankly I don't play much anymore and haven't even turned on my xbox in months. I never used... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emper0rNer0, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Emper0rNer0
    Emper0rNer0 Guest

Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial

I had an xboxlive account that I closed months ago because frankly I don't play much anymore and haven't even turned on my xbox in months. I never used Gamepass and out of the blue today I was charged 14.99 for a Gamepass subscription. No option on the
    site to refund; only to cancel subscription. At first I thought, no big deal. It's 15 bucks. Just cancel it and move on, but then I thought "that is basically robbing me". Forcing me to pay for a subscription I never asked for and not giving an option to refund
    and making me keep it for the month is stealing. Anf how many $15 mistakes were taking from other people in the same situation. It wasn't a trial, because I never used one f game pass or was interested (I only played games locally with family), and I never
    subscribed, except to xboxlive which I canceled months ago. So could someone please explain why am I being charged today???

:)

Emper0rNer0, Apr 10, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

you should go to https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/compromised-account-solution
    and follow the guide to protect your account

the end of the guide has this about unrecognised/unauthorised charges

If you have identified unrecognised charges or transactions on your account and you’ve verified that none of those transactions were made by you or any member of your household, you should contact Xbox Support. We'll need you
    to provide some specific information:

• The hardware identification numbers from the Xbox console you use most often.
    • The Microsoft account email address for the account on which the unrecognised transactions were made, along with the dates when those purchases were made.
    • An alternative phone number where we can reach you if necessary.
    • An alternative email address where we can send you updates on your account.
  3. Emper0rNer0 Win User

It appears this is kind of what happened; My son, grown up and graduated and out the house now, tried the gamepass back in November when he visited and forgot about it. I didn't know about it because I wasn't knowingly charged until now. I look into my
    microsoft account history and I also see a $1.00 charge for GamePass which lines up with what he says (I didn't see it until I expanded it to show "all orders"). So my apologies and thanks to all for the help. I guess I might as well try GamePass for the remainder
    of the month. Thanks to all again.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi Emper0rNer0,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Is it possible that you're game sharing with somebody else, and they used your account for a free trial of Game Pass but forgot to cancel it?

If you can go to this page
    , sign in, and check your orders over the last few months, are there any other unfamiliar purchases?
  6. Melicorn1991 Win User

I am being charged for xbox game pass pc and xbox game pass console despite never signing up for the console version because I dont have one and never have plz refund.

I am being charged for xbox game pass pc and xbox game pass console despite never signing up for the console version because I dont have one and never have.
    If perhaps you've redeemed a trial version, it could have been on auto-renew.

Please follow the below steps to ensure your auto renew is turned off.

This article covers the steps to cancel your Microsoft subscriptions such as free trials, Xbox Live and Microsoft 365.

To cancel your Microsoft subscription
    1. Go to Services & subscriptions, and sign in with the Microsoft account you used when purchasing your subscription.
    2. Find your subscription and select Manage. If you see Turn on recurring billing instead of Manage, skip to the Troubleshooting section - otherwise proceed to step 3.
    3. On the next page, select Cancel or Upgrade or Cancel, depending on your subscription type.
    4. Follow the instructions on the page to proceed with cancellation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4522164/microsoft-account-how-to-cancel-your-subscription
Thema:

1. Charged for xbox game pass subscription despite never signing up or even a trial - Similar Threads - Charged game pass

2. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  3. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  4. i have been charged £6.99 by xbox microsoft it looks like a game pass, but we dont use it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have been charged £6.99 by xbox microsoft it looks like a game pass, but we dont use it...: i have been charged £6.99 each month in 2023, it looks like it maybe for game pass, but neither console uses game pass and I have tried to cancel it but it keeps charging, I cant cancel it on my...
  5. Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...: I’ve been charged full price for Xbox game pass Ultimate, and I had clicked on an advertisement for $1. I’ll have to cancel this evening I guess. 37d1dac1-fa98-457e-ba62-d5833c7cae5a
  6. I have been charge twice in one month for the ultimate xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been charge twice in one month for the ultimate xbox game pass: I could only see one subsricption in my microsoft account, which i have now cancelled recurrent billing. Why have I for several months been charged twice for this subsrciption? Can someone please...
  7. I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I didnt have Game Pass all November, and now got charged 1 day for the full amount?: I had no money and canceled the Game Pass Subscription within PayPal. Couldnt play Cities2 some days ago as I didnt have Game Pass, Im sure of it I checked the XBox Start Page for new Releases....
  8. Paid for xbox game Pass but not showing up card was charged

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for xbox game Pass but not showing up card was charged: tried getting xbox game pass card was charged Yy cc1a764d-0c90-4b85-b94a-c37e593051e0
  9. My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,

in XBoX on Windows
    My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,: My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023. The subscription is tied to an *@outlook.com email that is and never was mine. I deleted the card out of...
  10. My email account has been deleted and I have still been charged for Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email account has been deleted and I have still been charged for Xbox Game Pass: I have had the email address '*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***' for about 15/16 years now, and it has suddenly been removed, with apparently no way to get it back....