Charged for game but won’t download

Discus and support Charged for game but won’t download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain definitive edition on Xbox live for £24.99. I got an error message after doing the bank details, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rob Burley, May 31, 2023.

1. Rob Burley
    Rob Burley Guest

I just purchased Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain definitive edition on Xbox live for £24.99. I got an error message after doing the bank details, my bank account immediately flashed up on my phone stating the transaction had gone through and when I went back to the game it was asking for payment and hadn’t registered I’d brought it.

All I want is the game but I am now out of pocket and don’t have time to spend on the phone or playing email tennis to get my money back as I’m far too busy with work. I just want a quick resolution my MS tonight so I can get the download going.

:)

Rob Burley, May 31, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Rob, thanks for the additional information.
    Please, let's try waiting 24 hours more to complete, a total of 48 hours after the date of purchase.

I ask this because if something went wrong with your transaction, this charge you received is going to be canceled, and you're going to get the money back

Microsoft always do a successful charge when we're able to see the purchased content in our order history and with status completed
  3. Rob Burley Win User

I purchased last night. There was an error on screen, my bank account was charged and the console wants to charge me again to own the game it doesn’t appear in my library
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Rob, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a recently purchased game. Let's try to sort this out.

May I know when you purchased the game, today?

Meanwhile, may I know if you're able to see the redeemed game in your Microsoft account order history or nothing appears?
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders
  5. Landshark3336 Win User

Microsoft purchase host update

I just did all the steps, including resetting the xbox x back to the factory settings and the Purchase Host app still won’t update. Further more, I purchased a game earlier and the charge went through but it isn’t showing up in my que to download.
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Unable to get castlevania free gold game

Its an Xbox 360 game, you have to enter a payment option even for the free ones. Don’t worry you won’t be charged.
Thema:

1. Charged for game but won’t download - Similar Threads - Charged game won’t

2. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  3. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  4. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  5. Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...: Why hasn't my son's account been refunded when Microsoft changed him twice on a transaction?? 71c00a9c-856c-488d-a5ac-e1786dcf6b94
  6. I have been charged £20.99 from my account for a game FC24 however it states checkout error 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been charged £20.99 from my account for a game FC24 however it states checkout error 3: I recently purchased FC24 from within FiFa 23. I was charged £20.99 for the game however it states checkout gone wrong 3. The game doesn’t show under games owned and I have tried twice to...
  7. i have been charged £6.99 by xbox microsoft it looks like a game pass, but we dont use it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have been charged £6.99 by xbox microsoft it looks like a game pass, but we dont use it...: i have been charged £6.99 each month in 2023, it looks like it maybe for game pass, but neither console uses game pass and I have tried to cancel it but it keeps charging, I cant cancel it on my...
  8. Charged for a game but didnt recive it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged for a game but didnt recive it: Hello. I wanted to purchase cyberpunk 2077 on my original 500 GB Xbox series s. I chose to pay with my paysafe card account and when i filled all of the information in i payed and accidentally...
  9. Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...: I’ve been charged full price for Xbox game pass Ultimate, and I had clicked on an advertisement for $1. I’ll have to cancel this evening I guess. 37d1dac1-fa98-457e-ba62-d5833c7cae5a
  10. Bought a game once and I see on my bank account it charged me twice but it's not giving me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game once and I see on my bank account it charged me twice but it's not giving me...: Being charged twice for a game I bought and gifted. Can't refund the game. 459094a9-67cf-4ebf-abf8-4ff610da7d73