Character limit in player name change

Discus and support Character limit in player name change in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It's absurd to have 12 characters when changing the actor name. Because when creating a new account, we can create a name with the character we want... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TolgaDarkCloud, May 9, 2021.

1. Character limit in player name change

It's absurd to have 12 characters when changing the actor name. Because when creating a new account, we can create a name with the character we want from "Social Xbox", but we encounter a 12-character limit when changing the name in the current account. I think it's nice to have at least 16 characters because the nickname I and many actors use is more than 12 characters. If I want to open a new account and use the player name I want, my games will remain in the other account.

submitted by /u/TolgaDarkCloud
    [link] [comments]

/u/TolgaDarkCloud, May 9, 2021
  2. PenguinsForHire Win User

will it be possible to still use 16 character gamertags when changing it?

it's possible that a lot of people don't use such long names and that's why they'll limit the names to 15 characters
    This is simply ignorance. Many players are impacted by this limitation on their creativity.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Why are screennames limited down to 11 characters?

Yes 11 characters regardless. If the name is taken or not

If you dont have a unique name then you get the hashtag

And it is still restricted to 11

The 15 characters is o ly for original pre change name

The 11 characters limit applies only to new ones
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

you cant, 12 characters excluding the suffix is the new limit, no way of changing back to your original name.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Dislike gamertag change

you will have to pay for a name change, you will have no choice but to stay within the 12 character limit as there is no way back to an older gamertag once changed.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Username Character Limit

The only way to swap the names of the accounts would be to change the tag to something else and then rename then, paying each time. But you would be limited to the 12 characters when you make the change.

The 12 character limit went into place in 06/2019. It's so people can use a gamertag even if someone else is already using it. If someone else already has the tag, you would be given a suffix (# and numbers) which is why the limit was shortened. If you had
    a gamertag that was over the 12 characters prior to the change, you were not made to change it, but if you change it now you cannot go back to a 15 character tag.
Thema:

Character limit in player name change

1. Character limit in player name change - Similar Threads - Character limit player

2. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  3. Xp. 32 character filler yada yada

in XboX Insiders
    Xp. 32 character filler yada yada: Just what does it do? submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  4. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  5. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  6. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  7. Xbox game 25 character code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game 25 character code: I wanted to log in my 25 character code for xbox game, i logged in both my lapton and phone,then the code was rejected. How do i get a new code or be able to save the game in xbox console...
  8. Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...

in XboX Insiders
    Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...: All these games on video i have done in real life.im not cutting down video games but doing them in excess cant be too healthy.iIt will affect you negatively in some sociall or physical aspect as...
  9. Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...: im playing remnant 2 on gamepass. got 80 hours in...collected all items in yeasha and losomn. just got the cube gun and enigma..went today to play more..my controller has back buttons and tried to...
  10. Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will Microsoft ever do the right thing and change the gamer tag character limit back to 15?: See the title. It really bothers me that this change was made. I can never go back to most of my old GTs. It’s really really dumb. 5d2ddf6d-f466-4068-a6a5-b998c2e54d95