Changing xbox email

Discus and support Changing xbox email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my Xbox account is using the same email as another email account I have. If I wanted to change the email of my Xbox, would it separate the other... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Plify LastName, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Changing xbox email

So my Xbox account is using the same email as another email account I have. If I wanted to change the email of my Xbox, would it separate the other email from the new Xbox email. Because I don't want the data from the old email in the new email. Only the Xbox progress and data.

:)

Plify LastName, Feb 6, 2023
  2. wi7bit Win User

Changing xbox email

I would just keep the address added but set the other one as primary and use it for a few months to make sure all services update the change. Just to be sure.

Remove the address may lock you of some services otherwise until they catch up. I've had this problem in the past with a family members account.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Changing xbox email

Hello Carlos Benitez2,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change your email address, you will have to seek permission to your mother. This email may hold some files stored in Microsoft OneDrive or licenses for Office or other access to Microsoft Services that is crucial data. For assistance we recommend you to reach out our live support team for assistance, together your mother, please discuss with the support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Please note that closing your account will permanently delete all data associated with it, including your game progress and achievements. Learn more here: How to close your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Renatodibi Win User

Xbox email change

Hi Cactus.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I hope I have understood your question correctly, although something is not entirely clear to me.

I want to clarify a simple concept regarding the account and email, which is that they are linked and it is not possible at present to change the email associated with an account or transfer content from one account to another.

If you have created a child account and made purchases on that account, you can remove it from the family group. However, if the purchases are in your account, you cannot transfer them.
    The same applies if you create a new account with a new email and want to transfer purchased content from another account to this new one.

I hope I have been clear.

Kind regards
    Renato
  5. wi7bit Win User

Changing xbox email

I've just checked and it's OK to set your Gmail account as the primary address. It was only advised not to do this if you have a personal email domain set on a Microsoft 365 account. Unless you have one of those, then it's fine,
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Changing Xbox Email

Hey there

LeoRyc

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue. I can totally understand how what you want to do would be convenient, however that is impossible.

You cannot move any account to another email aside from what was posted by Brad.

Thanks for reading!

Hope this was informative.
Thema:

Changing xbox email

1. Changing xbox email - Similar Threads - Changing email

2. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  3. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  4. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  5. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  6. How do I change my details? Login, email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my details? Login, email.: I’ve been hacked and received an email stating they’ve got all my personal details. They taken all my in game purchases such as skins, they taken a payment from my bank account. I need to change...
  7. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  8. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  9. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  10. Can you change email without having access to the email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change email without having access to the email?: Got a Xbox from a friend and want to change the email cause my friend no longer has access to that email is this possible? She also doesn’t remember the password to the account so we can’t reset...