Changing the email on my Xbox Live account

Discus and support Changing the email on my Xbox Live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I accidentally put in the wrong email address for my X-box live account and I would like to know how to change it to the current email that I am using.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aria Verinity, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Changing the email on my Xbox Live account

I accidentally put in the wrong email address for my X-box live account and I would like to know how to change it to the current email that I am using. I don't want to change my microsoft accounts I just want to know how I can change the email on my X-box
    live account to the current one I am using.

:)

Aria Verinity, Jan 1, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Jan 1, 2014
  3. PhilMinkley
    PhilMinkley Guest
    changing email address associated with xbox live profile

Im having problems changing my email address associated with my xbox live profile.

i spoke to someone last week about deleting and changing aliases on the microsoft account linked to my xbox live account.

PhilMinkley, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Changing the email on my Xbox Live account

IngameInstincts, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Will I lose my achievements and other stuff if I change my email

SavagePurPleHD, Jan 1, 2014
  6. TylerSupreme
    TylerSupreme Guest
    No, you will not lose your gamerscore. The only thing that will change is your email.

TylerSupreme, Oct 31, 2018
  7. WPAK Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

Hi there,

the only thing you can change is the email address used to sign into a Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account), this will only change the email address used to sign into the account. (It doesn't transfer the full Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft
    Account)

The steps to change the email address can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Changing gamertags, will only result in a different gamertag, it does not change the account or take any save game progress with it.

Is the change sign-ing email address option what you seek or do you want to achieve something else?
  8. TenthStreetRed Win User

adresse email

If by that you mean you want to change the primary email on your account (In other words, the email you log in with and receive emails with), there is a guide here that walks you through the process:

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

I hope this helps!
  9. Uh Huh Excuses Win User

Switching the email connected to my gamer tag.

Hello GrungyKnight637,

I understand that you want to change the Email Associated with your Xbox Live Gamertag. To make the transition easy and painless you should contact Xbox Live Customer Support at
    1800-4MY-XBOX. They will be able to help assist you on recovering your GamerTag and changing the email associated with your Xbox Live Profile.

If you figure out your own information, here is a link to change your email associated with your Xbox Live Profile.

Click here -> "Change Email Address Associated with you Xbox Live Profile"

Xbox Live Ambassador
  10. DanielWhaley Win User

Xbox Live account

I have 2 xbox live accounts. I think you have to go to account settings select update, goto email address and change it there. Now what i did was create my new email from a computer then went to xbox live, i logged in old email went to account settings changed
    to new emai then logged into my xbox,
  11. gfMemo92 Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

What secondary account bro? What are you talking about? I'm trying to change the email assocaited with my Xbox Live account. I don't want that Email ANYMORE!

My new email is 2 months old already. That's the one i'm trying to use on my Xbox Live account.
Thema:

Changing the email on my Xbox Live account

1. Changing the email on my Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - Changing email Live

2. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  3. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  4. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  5. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  6. How do I change my details? Login, email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my details? Login, email.: I’ve been hacked and received an email stating they’ve got all my personal details. They taken all my in game purchases such as skins, they taken a payment from my bank account. I need to change...
  7. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  8. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  9. Can I change my xbox live email to another one without losing progress?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my xbox live email to another one without losing progress?: So basically what I'm asking is, my current existing email that my gamer tag is linked to. Can I change that email without losing saved game progress? I assume I lose games that I purchased but I...
  10. Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...: Hello! I have an issue where my Xbox account is attached to my parent's Microsoft account. My parents use their Microsoft account as their main email address. I would like to unlink my Xbox...